Books How many books do you read a year?

How Many books do you read a year?

• Total voters

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As I downloaded another four books to my Kindle today, I actually looked back through the number of books I've gotten through since I bought the thing at Christmas, added in the paperbacks I've also read, and its a fair total. So, how many do you read a year?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fewer than I would like, I guessed at 21-40 but much closer to 21.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Varies greatly on the length and type of book. Some books I read I can get through in 2-3 days, others take up to 6 weeks.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
no idea, but ive read a lot more since i got my kindle. think im too lazy to go find a book, but i know where the kindle is cos it wasnt cheap

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
what a fucking jump 21-40 :(. i read 0 books a year. although i did read 1 when i was in thailand

- English -

Resident Freddy
if Danish childrens books count ( learning material ) then count me as many many more.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
oh lol if thats the case! worked in a daycare, shit on me i read 10 books every day!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends really. I can go through phases of devouring them then have one on the go for weeks. Always got at least one book on the go though.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I buy proper books. Not that ebook nonsense. Roughly a book a week for me. Anything from physics text books to classics or some Mann Booker Prize winner thats a pile of shite but people somehow raved over it...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
BTW fantasyfaggotry shouldn't count towards the total of books read, as calling them books is a bit of an insult to legitimate literature.

;)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I only really read for a bit before bed or when I'm having a poo, so prolly 1-10 per year :p

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I currently own over a hundred books and I download a lot of ebooks. I can go through a 600 page book in a day if I can't put it down, lol. Lots and lots of books!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Having moved to England from Denmark as a 13 year old, my UK English teacher said that if I was to ever get a good grade at GCSE's in English in my remaining 2 1/2 years of school, then I needed to read for an hour or two every day for 2 years.
This I did, and got a B. Never really stopped. That was 13 years ago now. Usually read in chunks of 3-5 hours but not every day. One of the issues is that I read so quickly that I can finish a 300 page book in one sitting, so mostly read epic fantasy that takes ages.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This year? 1-10, last year closer to 20, probably more the year before. Your poll does not cater to me :(

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'd say one average I go through about a book a week but as I've recently started the WOT series my average has taken a hit. I went for 41-60 based on average books.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Just done all the Culture series c/o Iain M Banks in the last few months. I find if i'm on a roll you cannot read fast enough, though in my case with these books, i listened to em all via audible.co.uk

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Probably 1-10 bracket, more like 1-2, if that. Only read a book if i have nothing better to do, which isn't often as PC games are more then enough to kill the hours.

It's still probably more real books then 90% of so called book readers with their kindles and ebooks :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I read the hobbit/lotr once a year, I also read the Silmarillion once a year as well. There are a few favourite discworld books I read every year (Night Watch, The Truth). Also going through some new ones like The Wheel of Time series, but thats going pretty slow. Also going through some Iain M Banks, but thats even bloody slower and pretty hard to get into (not the biggest fan of sci-fi but liked the sound of it). On average prolly about 10+, if someone has any recommendations based on the list above, I'm more than happy to try some.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i read a lot, steadily working my way through the libraries English language section, my laptop cant handle much gaming, and the TV shows are often in a funny lingo (or is about Pawn Shops, Weddings, or those annoying Come Dine With Me style shows is about the only non-movie english content thats on most days!)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Read every Clark Oddesy novel on my HD Desire in two weeks, it filled my mind with possibilities, Oddysey three and the towers into space was like crack for my imagination.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
How on Earth can someone read a book on a phone (not logisitically)?

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I thought I read a lot before I got a kindle at Christmas but since then I have read well over 40 books, probably closer to 50 now.

I tend to find an author I like and then get everything they have written.

I try to read at least 5 new books a month

Killswitch

FH is my second home
How on Earth can someone read a book on a phone (not logisitically)?

So far this year I've read all 13 Wheel of Time books, all the Song of Ice and Fire series, 2 Peter F. Hamilton trilogies, most of my Ian Irvine books, the God Delusion, some Robin Hobb and Charlie Stross and a load of other crap, probably 50+ books in total. I've read probably 90%+ of them on my Android Phone using the Kindle app. It's easy to read, portable and I can read it in bed without the light on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom