How long have you been playing and what's your favorite role?

K

KUJO

I've only been playing ET for a month or so now, before that I played RtCW for a year or so.

My favorite role is usually F Ops but last night I had some good games as an Engi and am going to stick to that role from now on.

W

Will

I've been playing since...Friday. I played RtCW for about a day when it first came out, never really got into it, didn't have time with my CS playing.

I've tried all roles except Field Ops, I get the feeling I'd end up killing far too many of my own team. Medic and Engie seem to suit me best.

When I played Covert Ops, I didn't like the slowness of the scoped rifles, plus I get pissed off when a team of five snipers aren't trying to achieve the objectives.

When I tried Soldier, I was only good with the SMG, so the Medic/Engie seemed more logical.

Medic was great...you get to regenerate, and its pretty damn obvious who on your team needs health/reviving.

Engie I changed too not for the grenades (don't like the rifle as much as the SMG), but because no-one seems to attempt the objectives, so I thought I should.

D

doh_boy

Been playing both since the start :)

I started off playing eng and cov ops (I love the sten :p) but I tend to get pushed into field ops and medic because nobody seems to want to be those classes. :/

I've played in only one clan (RTCW->TPK) and I'm currently in a 'skrim-only (Clanbase) ET clan' meaning none of us are interested in being the best around but enjoy clan matches.

T

throdgrain

I bought RtCW when it came out, played it for a bit, maybe a month or so, then returned to CS . Ive been playing it again a bit lately with all effects on , mostly because it looks so nice like that, and my pc can handle it :)
I was the general forum spammer of ET, and have been playing that off and on since it came out too, as an antidote for the stupid behaviour of some people in CS, and in irc too if im honest :)
I almost always play as medic . You regenerate as Will says, which is helpful for a player of my style (read always rushing forward like a maniac) and you get points for helping your team mates, which is a good thing imo.
I have played Engineer too, to my mind this is the singular most important class. Soldier I play so I can get the FG-42 from time to time.
Ive never played covert ops yet.
Ideally an engineer backed up by a Lt and a medic should be able to win the game on thier own almost, though that is rarely the case :)
Unlike RtCW, I notice that ET still has its fair share of noobs, so Id like to give them a message
GIVE AMMO YOU BASTARDS ! YOU GET POINTS FOR IT, AND YOUR AMMO REFILLS ! IT DONT COST YOU NOTHING AND YOU GET A POINT EVERY TIME YOU DO IT !!

There I feel better now :)

W

Will

Originally posted by throdgrain
Unlike RtCW, I notice that ET still has its fair share of noobs, so Id like to give them a message
GIVE AMMO YOU BASTARDS ! YOU GET POINTS FOR IT, AND YOUR AMMO REFILLS ! IT DONT COST YOU NOTHING AND YOU GET A POINT EVERY TIME YOU DO IT !!
I had a Field Ops guy on my side who skulked at spawn only giving out ammo. That was even less use than not giving it at all.

T

throdgrain

At least you get some ! As a medic you spawn with 30 bullets, but if you can pick up another 60 straight away thats a big help ,suits me :)
What I hate is when you ask for ammo and the Lt just looks at you, then asks for a medic, so you do like a trade , health for ammo.
They don't realise Ill leg it accross a battlefield to give someone health if I can, because I get a point for it :)

J

Jonny_Darko

I've been playing ET for about 3 weeks, and I'm getting well addicted / into it now.

Never played RTCW though.

Oh, and I'm always a Field Op. I tend to survey the action from atop a hill, co-ordinating airstrikes through my binoculars while sipping chilled champagne.

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by throdgrain

There I feel better now :) [/B]

I didn't realise at first I could do this. I often tend to now. However, we can only give out three boxes at once, then we need to wait for our skills bar to regenerate. I hate it when people are going "I need ammo" and I can't give it to them.

Also, we might have an important airstrike to co-ordinate, can't do that AND give ammo out unfortunately.

I do it when I can, which isn't all the time, and I hope other players don't think I'm just being an arse.

D

Deadmanwalking

Thats why i tend to play mainly with Deady :p As he is a fieldops and i'm a medic. Oh and get to lvl 1/2 light weapons, then you start with a second clip.

Or do what i do and nick their guns.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
I do it when I can, which isn't all the time, and I hope other players don't think I'm just being an arse.

Oh don't worry we do ;)

D

doh_boy

What I generally do is do the quick-chat sorry if I don't give ammo (v45 iirc).

Also DONT SHOOT A MEDIC OR FIELD OPS TO GET THEIR ATTENTION! If you say I need ammo/a medic a little blob appears on their compass that directs them to you.

One thing a mate saw was this:

Medic: I need ammo!
Medic: I need ammo!

<time passes>

Medic: Hey <name of fops> give me some ammo pls!!!!

<name of fop>: Get your own!

Medic: I'm a medic
Medic: I can't

<name of fops>: Well these are mine go wait for more to grow at the command post.

:/

C

Campo

I tend to play whatever is needed although medic and engineer are great fun. Just had an arguement with a noob on the preview server. Called me a nob because i had the audacity to lay a mine next to a truck barrier and he stepped on it. Shame he got kicked for not being a sub, ah well!

(Started playing when it was downloadable but not the test, cant remember exactly)

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Thats why i tend to play mainly with Deady :p As he is a fieldops and i'm a medic.
Hehe I noticed lol, I am playing since the full game was released. Started as engineer but I do like to sniper or if noone else is a medic do that role. It is one of the few games that has taken my interest hehe can't do PS (need a new videocard:( ) It is fun to have a team that knows what to do, tho I do tend to end up with the highest XP...unless the Deady/Deadmanwalking team is there lol

P

plightstar

Im usually a field ops, i've gotton pretty good at it giving out ammo that is. Also I love destroying people with a well placed airstrike or artillry strike

B

bigfoot

I tend to vary my role as I think is needed by my team at the time. The only things I don't really go for are:

Soldier - Mortaring, flamethrower
Medic - Never go this at all
Engineer - Garand

M

mr.Blacky

Well the garand can be fun but only as engineer just lobbing the grenades can be fun and usefull.
Medic are good XP builders, very usefull only thing I should look into is the adreneline thing, does anyone know what it does?
Mortars? sitting ducks only use I can think of that one is on fueldump on the axis side.
Deady or Deadman did use a flamthrower to good use on goldrush, so it has its uses.

D

Deadmanwalking

When you sprint your stamina bar goes down (The one far left next to hp). When it's gone you can't sprint anymore. Adrenaline boosts it back upt to the top and keeps it at the top for a few seconds, amazingly usefull. Sprint at people top yourself up and then run around them like a nutter hammering away at them - can't lose :cool:

D

Deady

FIELD OP!

The field op holds the team together really and can make or break a mission. With my Binoculars in hand i can orchestrate a mission to my will.

At Signals Level 3 you get artillery strikes that last so long they can literally hold back an army and prevent them passage down a route. How much more useful can you get?

While you are all down in the mud with your little pea shooters, im sitting at my observation post looking at the big picture...stopping tanks...spotting common enemy routes and denying them access to that route.

CALLING.JPG

"Spam the Bridge! Spam it! now!!"

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Deady
While you are all down in the mud with your little pea shooters, im sitting at my observation post looking at the big picture...stopping tanks...spotting common enemy routes and denying them access to that route.

I will remember that next time you are screaming for a medic.

D

Deady

I appear to be unable to post an inline image, is this a result of the "button" incident?

D

Deady

one that appears without clicking on it.

It appears IN the body of the post.

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
I will remember that next time you are screaming for a medic.
or an engineer :D no mission can be completed with out him.

D

Deadmanwalking

I was thinking more along the lines of Brilliant Game winning deady being sniped and then screaming like a girl for me to come and revive his GAME winning arse ;)

M

mr.Blacky

You mean when I sniped him a couple of times last night ;)

Users who are viewing this thread