How long does it take you to get to sleep?

Which averages best describes your time to get to sleep and time asleep?

• (Time to sleep)~5 minutes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • (Time to sleep)5-10minutes

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • (Time to sleep)10-20minutes

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • (Time to sleep)20-40minutes

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • (Time to sleep)40minutes-1hour

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • (Time to sleep)1hour-2hours

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • (Time to sleep)2hours+

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • (Time Asleep)4-6hours

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • (Time Asleep)6-8hours

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • (Time Asleep)8-10hours

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

kirennia

Part of the furniture
And also, once asleep, generally, how long do you sleep for (As I guess these 2 kind of tie in)? I'm kind of curious after discovering the average to be around 7 minutes, anything significantly more deemed to be abnormal.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Takes 5 minutes and I wake up naturally after 6 hours, 7 if I am being lazy, I don't wake at all during the night. Cannot for the life of me go back to sleep again once I have woken though.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I'm shit at sleeping. It takes me ages to get to sleep and I normally wake up several times in the night. I spend most of the time feeling knackered.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I drop off pretty much immediately (certainly <10 mins) and sleep for 7-8 hours averagely, I suppose.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
10-20 mins to drop off and around about 6 hours unbroken. The only time I drop off quicker is if I'm very tired for some reason.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
insta-sleep and usually wake after 6-8 hrs. ofc actually getting up is something else :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
22 voters, 24 times to get to sleep... maybe I shouldn't have left the poll open to abuse! ;)

I've always known my time to sleep is above average but I never thought 7 minutes was the average...I thought 20 at least for most people.

It takes me, most nights within the region of 1-2hours to get to sleep and occasionally 2-5 when I have a bad night. I sleep for 7-8hours and wake up feeling crap all the time. I was just curious as to whether this 7 minute average really rings true. If so, I may go pester the GP; an extra couple of hours per day would make a blinding amount of difference (hopefully not literally).

TdC

Kir, there may be things influencing that. for example, do you hit the snooze button a few times or get up right away? what kind of alarm do you have, what do you do before sleeping etc.

for example, if I snooze a few times before getting up I get up feeling wrecked.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i am normally out for the count in five minutes or so, if i dont 7 hours i feel tired all day, normally get between 7 - 8.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gah. 20-40 mins here, but didn't read the poll properly and forgot to put down that, on average, I sleep about eleven hours at the mo :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Also without sex, might take me 10 minutes or so. Post coital, time between withdrawal and snoring can be measured in nanoseconds.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Depends on what sort of day I've had and what the conditions are :D

Generally 10-20 minutes though, sometimes more sometimes less!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I also drink gallons of coffee which doesn't seem to effect my sleep at all. With alcohol I snore, I am snoring before I even know I am asleep and am able to answer people while asleep.

My wife always moans at me when I have been drinking, stop snoring! ... But I am not asleep! ... yes you are you were snoring.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Generally crashout within 20mins of getting into bed. After that it's 5-6 hours of sleeping like a dead person and nothing can wake me.

Only time I wake up earlier than that is if I've not had much coffee. Wake up with a splitting headache if I've not had enough for the day.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I also drink gallons of coffee which doesn't seem to effect my sleep at all. With alcohol I snore, I am snoring before I even know I am asleep and am able to answer people while asleep.

My wife always moans at me when I have been drinking, stop snoring! ... But I am not asleep! ... yes you are you were snoring.

Not just me then....:(

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Takes 15 minutes and I wake up naturally after 6 hours, 7 if I am being lazy, I don't wake at all during the night. Cannot for the life of me go back to sleep again once I have woken though.

Changed to reflect my own circumstance. Saved me typing it out. Thanks Raven!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Eyes closed -> less then 5 minutes.

I usualyl only go to bed only when i'm dead tired, so it's logical really to drop.

If i have to go to sleep, without being sleepy etc, might take a good 15 minutes, or if there's heat problems.

Forgot the amount; from 4 hours to 12.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Get to sleep in < 10 mins, and ration myself to 4-6 hrs. After a week, usually need a day or two with an extra couple of hours, but then 4-6 is enough again for a while.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
20 - 40 minutes to fall asleep but generally sleeping for about 8 - 10 hours. and every now and then even 12 hours, because i can :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm not sleeping well these days at all, I'm not sure why, although I don't feel too tired during the day.

Getting to sleep takes me around 30-60 minutes each night and I sleep for about 6-7 hours each night waking up most nights around 4:30am-5am.

One of my problems is that I'm just not tired when it's supposed to be bed time. If I'm working a 9-5, I need to be up at 7:45am so I should be in bed for midnight. However, sometimes I'm just not tired at midnight but I am literally ready to drop right off if I force myself to stay to 1:30am for example. Maybe if I started doing that, I'd get to sleep much more quickly and sleep more soundly.

The other problem is the girlfriend. Her sleeping habit has changed a lot, she used to be out for the count by 10:30pm, so I would come to bed and be totally undisturbed. However, of late she has been staying up and reading books, so when I come to bed at around 11:30pm she rolls around, talks shit and wants to cuddle. We had a seriously big argument one night when I came to bed and fell asleep quite quickly only for her to shout in the pitch blackness "OH! Don't forget the bin in the morning!" - TELL ME DURING THE FUCKING DAY PLEASE, NOT AT MIDNIGHT WHEN I'M ASLEEP.

BBC NEWS | Health | Bed sharing 'bad for your health'

TdC

lol I think that's a girl thing G. My ex used to wait until I was a millisecond away from sleep before starting off in "important conversation" :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I crash on the sofa in front of the TV usually watching a 30min program, but dont get to see the end of it. Then i wake up about 4.00 am and go to bed, then struggle to get up at 6.00 am when the alarm goes off.

Just got in about half hour ago and i have paperwork to do, my eyes are stinging already and i'm on the JD

Gumbo

FH is my second home
lol I think that's a girl thing G. My ex used to wait until I was a millisecond away from sleep before starting off in "important conversation" :)

Or of course the just entering the start of a nice long sleep when from the other side of the bed comes, 'Did you lock the back door? Can you just check...?'

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Depends how many times your momma wants her back doors kicking in !

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Recently it's been taking like 3-4 hours to get to sleep, but that's because of ridiculous stomach aches which last all night until I can sleep; which bizarrely seem to be linked to me eating red meat. Think I'm gonna die :(

russell

FH is my second home
I crash on the sofa in front of the TV usually watching a 30min program, but dont get to see the end of it. Then i wake up about 4.00 am and go to bed, then struggle to get up at 6.00 am when the alarm goes off.
Unless you are with me, where you manage to fall asleep whilst I am talking to you.:twak:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
A talent that I can only dream of having, kudos to Edmond.

Why thank you, i actually fell asleep whilst she was talking to me on the phone a couple of months ago, Haa Haa

Helme

Resident Freddy
Usually takes me 30-40minutes to get to sleep, it's always been a problem for me. I just can't seem to shut down my brain. I sleep about 6-7 hours a night on average, if I take more chances are I wont sleep for 30-40 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom