how long does it take to become 50 ?

X

Xandax

There is no normal anymore in the game.

It all depends on wether or not you know the realm, if you use bot, get powerleveled, group regular or solo, and what equiptment you use (twinked or regular found etc).

Most can get to 50 in some 15-20 days /play by doing it the regular way (grouping/soloing).

Add to this powerleveling or buffbots and you can do it on a couple of days /played.

L

Lorthania

My two cents, I think this goes for most classes.

Don't focus on hitting 50 - it's like running a marathon and thinking about the finish when you haven't even crossed the starting line. Just have fun playing, making friends and don't start worrying about 50 when you have hit 40 or 45 - you'll still have plenty of playing time left by then, but with minidings, you can really see the char closing in on that elusive 50 then

Ofc, if you are a career hunter, disregard the above, but prepare for some frustration :)

Lorth

W

WiZe^

Originally posted by Lorthania

Ofc, if you are a career hunter, disregard the above, but prepare for some frustration :)

Lorth

Doh!

but am in a werey good guild so.. a hope it works out :)

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by WiZe^
Doh!

but am in a werey good guild so.. a hope it works out :)

Well, the reason I said is b/c sometimes, things work out fine: you find a good grp, get nice xp, etc. At other times, you may struggle to find a grp at all or you die three times within five minutes. At that point, if 50 is the only thing you can think of, you are bound to get frustrated.

If you have a good guild or a regular group to rely on (e.g. for weekly PvE hunts), this will all go much smoother, as you are assured of a nice dollop of XP at regular times. Also, it puts the focus on having fun with ppl you know instead of trying to find a grp for two hours and then find out they rely on the lowbie Friar to keep them alive (just an example from my own experience) :).

Lorth

T

thegreatest

Varies between 3 days /played (crazy powerlevel or necro + bot solo) and 25-30 days /played...If you want to know in RL time, it took me 10 months to level my armsman to 50 but then I had created a sorcerer before my armsman was 50 and lvled him up to 40...Also wasted much time by doing rvr in the early lvl 40's...But now he's 50 and I dont have played him for about a month now :(

D

Danya

Much faster now than it used to be. Around 10-15 days if you don't pl much.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Danya
Much faster now than it used to be. Around 10-15 days if you don't pl much.

yeah I would say thats a fair estimate right now.

O

oblivion_6

aye i would say around 14 days of play time which pprobably equates to around 5 months

It took me from august till january to get obli 50 and hes a very anti social char :)

but with my bard i got her 50 in about a month coz of afk :p

U

Urme the Legend

Yes you are in a good guild :)

But it's very hard to level in Midgard now after level 40.
Easiest to find groups are when we got DF..

Or when the guild got some kind of farming session in DF.

I got level 50 with around 30 days /played on my first char that was a Warrior... but that was a long time ago :)

So normal playtime 2002 was around 20-30 days maybe.. now I would say around 15-20 days perhaps? If you can find expgroups and level the "normal" way.

N

Nairod

Necros will level fast, very fast. My first character is a necro, he's at about 42 after 5 days playtime and a good amount of that was learning to play the game, being afk, getting lost etc

C

Conchabar

my savage hit 50 in 2 days my sb 14 days my first ever chr 50 days :x

L

LordjOX

depends on how much you play etc, ppl mite get "stuck" on lvl 48 or 49 before they get to 50
took me about 10 days with my druid tho.

O

old.tuppe

usually 1st char is longest.
after you ding whit 1 lvl 50 you can aid other lowlvl chars whit better equipment and items.
you start know good xp spots and no more, atleast not so much, looking/scouting around.

my 1st was zerk, played ~30 days.
whit this char i mostly run (and zerk dont move fast! :) ) every corner in midgard, frontiers, malmo, vanern etc etc.
solo whit this char 95% time, after 46 moved malmo and ding there.

2nd was rm, started allready when zerk was ~40.
mostly wanted totall different playstyle, worth to try.
dinged ~12 day played.
solo ~80% time.
when dinged 40 moved malmo and was there late 49 (finish epics and ding 50)

hmm 3rd was my healer, but started later what my bone.
healer was 99% group, ~42 moved malmo and ding there 50.
played ~9 days. (alott guild events etc so can do easy ~6-7 days)

4rd was bone.
started immediatly when SI come.
stucked long time around 45 to 48
(really really! boring class to xp up, reason why my healer dinged 50 before this and i enjoyed alott more healer)
solo 95% time
played ~16 day

now playing hunter, using bott and sometimes group whit friends warrior.
lvl 44.5
played 17 day.
first 10 lvl taked allready /played 10 day :)
my 1st char when started daoc, put on ice after frustration (never! ever! start hunter/archer/st as your 1st char)
now can fund it easily, bott help littlebit and hope i get it to 50 before this year ends.

reason behind classes.
i wanted xp up one every classtype midgard have, seer, viking, rogue and mage.
when ding hunter i have done my trip, moving more to rvr, get frustrated and quit before next summer :)

M

Madonion Slicer

My armsmen and wizard took me about a year of playing to get 50 both on around /play 20days, i did lvl alot of alts inbetween.

Shaman and Berserker dou both hit 50 in /play of 9 days, that was solid lvling when i had a break in Midgard.

Newest venture is my Necro who is currently lvl40 on /play 1day 12hrs and still going well.

O

old.Belorfyn

Mine and my brother's first characters we played took around 32 /played days to level to 50.
We certainly had focus on exping and duoed some exp daily, but did alot other stuff besides. Explored alot places, did questsand such. I think we had almost all the possible quests completed before 50 :)

Of course, that was soon after the release of the EU version.
Now there's that much more quests in the game. Of course, not all like doing quests but they're certainly worth a try, for both the rewards as the the entertainment from story and such, if you like that sort of things :)
Many quests also have decent exp rewards and items that may be great help for people leveling first character.

O

ormorof

took me 38 days on first character (/played, about a year and a half in real time ;)(mend shamans own solo, honest!) took me damn ages to get to 40 but i suppose i had it easy in malmo, 2nd char took 5 days, 3rd char 3 days but that was with a dedicated xp grp, i dont recommend you play those sort of groupds unless youve done xp'ing the hard way, as you dont really learn the realm very well and you dont get to make many friends (since you only really play with 7 other people) that is ofc unless you want to only play with 7 other people (for rvr purposes etc)

Users who are viewing this thread