How is the credit crunch affecting you?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Keep mine up to date on a monthly basis even now I'm in a fairly spiffy and safe job. It's good to be in a part of the industry that's never going to be downsized or removed entirely - a nod to Chilly there, regardless of the economic climate there's always going to be a huge amount of gambling. Similarly a huge amount of drinking, although pubs are in downfall cheep plonk from the supermarket is striving.

And aye, I hate job centres, useless bunch of muppets. Was on the dole for 3 months going back a few years, and I stipulated (and was on their system) that I was unable to do work involving much telephone usage. Every visit "Ah, we've got an ideal job for you here sir, IT support in a callcentre in Northampton".

"Would you like to read my notes?"

"I already have sir, I can't see what the issue is."

Even had a couple of phone calls from them (which was unusual in itself) with similar positions. I ended up threatening to put them over a legal barrel if they kept at it, and luckily found a job the following week :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Chilly

Balls of steel
If Brown got on his knees in parliament and told the whole house and public he was sorry and he personally made more than a couple of mistakes that heavily contributed to this fuckup I'd vote for him next election, no question.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If Brown got on his knees in parliament and told the whole house and public he was sorry and he personally made more than a couple of mistakes that heavily contributed to this fuckup I'd vote for him next election, no question.

If brown got down on his knees and sucked my fat cock I'd still vote for anyone who wanted to cut open his nutsack and pop in a hornet before sewing it back up...

Chilly

Balls of steel
who is that guy? Big words, true enough. Was he saying the same thing 8 years ago when we should have been paying the debts off though ?

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Working in a big American telecoms firm (A), and the senior management seem to be making bungle after bungle - my CV is prepped and been sent out to several places.

Don't care if I've got a steady job here, these guys are wankers and leading down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom