How is the controls in game!

G

Galne Gunnar

Is it like cs combinaded with daoc or is it like the anarachy Online controls? maybe something like the planetside controls :).
Plz asnwer thinkig of prchase teh EU Package as soon as it arrives.
Thx

T

Tilda

You can map anything to anywhere, so can combine CS with DAoC

N

n00b79

took me like 1 day to figure out how to move around properly but now it rocks :D

A

Addeh

Takes a week to get used to the controls and even then it is the worst control system I have ever experienced in a MMOG.

IMO daoc controls are a million times better.

E

Ebonn

I like the SWG controls, and if theres something which bugs you just remap it.

Cant play in that silly curser mode thingy though, first thing i do after logging in, tap alt to get off that horrible curser :)

E

edoa

They are good

Originally posted by Addeh
Takes a week to get used to the controls and even then it is the worst control system I have ever experienced in a MMOG.

IMO daoc controls are a million times better.

Or your just stupid...

I personally like them alot, played 5 different MMORPGs and have to say they are the best, just missing a couple of buttons hehe.

R

RAES

imo controls are better than DAoC, ive logged back on my DAoC account and found it hard to move around..SWG just needs the cursors and the mouse...not 3 hands...plus the customability (sp?) makes the whole interface easier to use...plus making your own macros for a chain of fighting styles is sweet.

T

Tilda

one question, i prefer to run around with the mouse ah-la DAoC, but last night one off thing started happening.

Normally pressing left would rotate me on the spot to the left,
last night, it did it up to an extent, but if i wasnt running forward at the same time the camera would stop moving and my charachter would rotate on the spot without the camera moving. When i then pressed the forwards key the carachter would flip back to the way my camera was facing and start moving forwards from there.

Any thoughts?

Tilda

A

Addeh

Edoa. The controls are crap. I went over to the game with my guild of 6 years who have played a lot of MMOG's over the years and we all agree the contol system sucks.

You are entitled to your opinion so I wont needlessly flame you. Pity you cant make a comment without doing the same.

O

old.pala hellraiser

Tilda you have chase camera on, at least I think it's called that. I can't remember exactly where it is, it's in options somewhere under one of the tabs. It's box you can select and deselect, sorry can't be any more specific than that, go into options and select and deselect the different camera things and see what happens :)

E

edoa

Bwahaha

Originally posted by Addeh
Edoa. The controls are crap. I went over to the game with my guild of 6 years who have played a lot of MMOG's over the years and we all agree the contol system sucks.

You are entitled to your opinion so I wont needlessly flame you. Pity you cant make a comment without doing the same.

LoL ya true true a guild containing of people that are 6 years old prolly would have abit problem with the controls.

Seems to me liek you have been playing a certain game abit to much, all about being open minded to new things.

A

Addeh

Your right, the controls are brilliant.

Not really up for getting involved in a childish dispute.

E

edoa

:)

Glad to hear you changed your mind, allways a pleasure to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom