How is Netflix in your Country ?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I managed 2 minutes...

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I've not noticed any problems while using, pay my monthly sub via paypal and can watch the us netflix.they also have regular updates on Facebook.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So what's the best way to get us Netflix? And anyway to get it via a smart tv?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Latest Samsung Smart TVs have it (series 6000 onward). Apple TV (99 quid), Roku (similar - and the general view is the lastest Roku is better than the Apple), your PS3 (that's how I first accessed it until the console was murdered by my daughter), Nintendo Wii etc. Loads and loads of ways. I've just got it working on the Android stick I use for XBMC on the TV in the spare room.

Edit: silly me. You know all that. You could get it by putting a VPN like HMA on to your router. I've not tried that yet, I just use HMA on PCs, but it should work.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well it works. Just tried ITV player from work. Can't see it lasting though. I notice it doesn't let you get BBC iPlayer though (BBC are very fast at blocking proxies).
Send me a link to an iPlayer you don't think I will be able to watch. I just watched some David Attenborough docu about Africa on iPlayer. Don't think I could do that before, but might be wrong

DaGaffer

Send me a link to an iPlayer you don't think I will be able to watch. I just watched some David Attenborough docu about Africa on iPlayer. Don't think I could do that before, but might be wrong

You're right, its working. I just assumed it wasn't because it wasn't on the list of sites on the Hola homepage.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
US VPN & not to the best of my knowledge (Smart TV's don't let you use VPNs that I've seen).

DaGaffer

US VPN & not to the best of my knowledge (Smart TV's don't let you use VPNs that I've seen).

Which is why you'd have to do it at router level. Its a bit of a clunky approach, and of course it affects your whole network, which is why I haven't bit the bullet yet (I do have plans to try it). Biggest problem for me is sometimes I want UK content, sometimes I want US, which is why the HMA front end is so good, and the router option is potentially a PITA.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not that I've tried but I imagine you'd be far better off with something like an iPad configured to use a US VPN (OpenVPN works on my iPhone for example) and then use that with AirPlay to output to the TV (e.g. with XBMC on a RaspberryPi). That way you would simply flick a switch on the iPad as necessary.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lad I play WoW with uses the US Netflix, I will see how he does it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Had the UK version for about 2 months, really enjoying the choice. Hooked on Breaking Bad and can't wait to watch arrested development. Allows me to watch things I would never buy and as I am working away alot its a nice distraction when staying in Travel Lodges and Premier Inns across the country. Granted I could go down the illegal route for stuff, but I don't want to. Netflix offers everything I need in a convenient cheap package.

DaGaffer

BBC iPlayer blocked now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom