How is Netflix in your Country ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I've had it (for free) for 3 months now, and all I can say is.....What a pile of rubbish!!
The content that is - streaming and design is fine, but the content ? oh dear, oh dear!
Oh so limited, oh so very outdated and waay too expensive compared to what you get for your cash.

Shame really, apparently the US version is far more relevant and updated.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shit, not worth the effort.

(UK)

I suspect it's a bunch of rights problems holding it back. Really disappointing seeing as the technology is what the industry is desperate for. I know a few people who use the US version with proxies and whatnot, tempted to have a look myself.

I would like to move away from pirating stuff, I stopped pirating music and games several years ago and would like to do the same with films and TV shows, I just wish they got off their arses and made it available in a convenient way.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I suspect it's a bunch of rights problems holding it back..

I've had this thought as well.

as for the US version, apparently it's also cheeper (than the DK version)
Kr. 50,- / Kr. 79,-

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I've had it for almost 5 years now, still loving it. US version........ Costs me $15 a month for streaming plus 1 DVD

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Is it any chance to lure it to US? The actual streaming is a blast, but the UK version got nothing on it. Nothing. Worth a free month for House of Cards though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The best i heard from my cousin is that you can pop your kid ifront of an ipad with netflix and that'll leave you free to do stuff for a good while.

Otherwise the content is rather outdated here too.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Use it for kids TV mainly. I do watch the occasional movie or series on it (I watched The Hunger Games on it the other night, which I would never have rented), and of course, Breaking Bad. The US version is much better, and I'll sometimes fire up my VPN to use that.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ive been using it for a couple of months now, its not too bad, annoying that many series are quite a few seasons behind "now" and for some reason in some series of movies they only have sequels

but considering i used to pay nearly €30 per month for the extra TV channels with nothing good on them (one of the "movie" channels showed indian B movie action films, on repeat, same movie, every day, all day ZEBRAMAN! it was funny the first time...)

with Netflix i now pay €9 per month for something i use almost every day :p

i had a trial with HBO Nordic as i am a fan of many of their shows but frankly their service is shit, the target audience seems to be people with small tablets or small laptop screens, the resolution is dire and the streams choppy so i cancelled after the free trial, compared to that Netflix is wonderful :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I like the Danish Netflix. Only use it when me and the missus go to bed and can't fall asleep. We usually end up watching some animal show or something from Discovery. David Attenborough's voice puts the GF to sleep in an instant :p

I really liked The Colony. I agree that the movie selection is pretty slim, but if you just wanna kick back and kill an hour or two Netflix is great

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i like the UK one, got enough stuff to keep me amused, and a -lot- of kids stuff which keeps the midget amused

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have a VPN unlocker I use every time we use it for the US version which is a million times better than in the UK.

They even have full series of Merlin and Robin Hood on there and they are BBC program's ffs? We couldn't believe it when we saw it.

As Raven pointed out its all due to rights etc in the UK it always has been regarding every damn show that comes on here.

If it wasn't for the VPN unlocker I wouldn't pay a penny for the Uk one, but as Mabs pointed out I may use it for my daughter once she is a bit older, but sticking the iPad in her hand just sounds cruel and my wife would be furious if she caught me doing that :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I have the US version and still think there's not enough on it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I have the danish one also... i've watched a few things but its mainly the gf who watches it.

After a couple of months ill probably stop the subscription until they update more things.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Using the Norwegian version. Loving it. Just the entire season of House of Cards dumped at once was worth the subscription. For someone that isn't 100% up to date on movies and TV-series, it's great. Lots of classics that I've not seen yet. If you have to have all the seasons when they arrive you are in bad luck.

Something people have to realise is that new content has to go on a victory march in the respective country of origin and through the broadcaster/producer's own medium.

This is especially so for movies. They have to:
  • Go on traditional cinema
  • Go through DVD/Bluray release
  • Go through TV syndication
  • Release on streaming services (takes many years to reach this point)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The UK Version is shit, I watched the majority of good stuff during the free month alone, theres really that little on it.

I looked into Netflix and was surprised at the lack of selection. After seeing the advert on TV I thought there would be loads of films but there wasn't. I kept trying to find some menu options where they might be hiding them o_O. Gave up after a while.

If you want to be above board and legit try Lovefilm as there are loads more films on there, though many are a bit dated. If you don't mind being a bit suspect and want all the films and everything else go for p2p (bitorrent). Not that I do any p2p myself mind :sneaky:.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
This is in danish - Yes I'm too lazy to translate it for you.
Less lazy persons are welcome to translate.

28.jpg

Aada

Part of the furniture
why ? how old is your daughter ?

She is only 6 months, but even if i put her in front of Cbeebies for 30mins the wife doesn't like it, she can't stand seeing parents in Costa shoving the iPad in their kids hands and basically telling them to shut up.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Ah ok,

Indeed 6 months is a little young for Ipad ;)
as for sticking the Ipad into a kids hands, I really, really think it depends on how and why.

if it's controlled, and not used as an excuse not to deal with kids negative behavior, then I cannot see the problem - both kids and parrents need chillout time, I'd even call it healthy.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ah ok,

Indeed 6 months is a little young for Ipad ;)
as for sticking the Ipad into a kids hands, I really, really think it depends on how and why.

if it's controlled, and not used as an excuse not to deal with kids negative behavior, then I cannot see the problem - both kids and parrents need chillout time, I'd even call it healthy.

Yep god knows I need chill time, wife gone back to work and I've took 4 months off to look after daughter, Jesus you do not appreciate just how much your partner does on their maternity leave.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why bother. If you have decent internet, grab the torrent in minutes. Everyone torrents. Even the new pope. And he's a seagul!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom