How is everyone doing ?

X

xane

As the trial period draws to a close, how has everyone done in the first month of play, will you be continuing with a subscription, and if so, where do you expect to go from here ?

I created a rather gimped Minmatar Trader character in anticipation that NPC trading would actually get sorted out from where it was in beta - it still hasn't, the markets are dead all over my area of space (Minmatar regions) and there's still no incentive to trade over mining, pirating or missions, and the Trade skills are still useless.

Instead I've been taking agent missions almost exclusively, now on a Level 2 Agent and I've been moving around, slowly building up cash, which seems to go on skills all the time. Because I don't power play and have limited time online, my advancement has been slow and I've stuck with smaller cheaper fast non-combat ships.

Currently hopping around in a Vigil, with 2 Burners, an Injector and a Partial Hull Conversion I top out at 923 m/s and spend a maximum of around 12 seconds before I can jump or dock, hopefully avoiding most pirates. The design is defensive rather than confrontational :)

Hopefully trade will get sorted out some day, right now I've been building up standings with all factions, I have no negative standing against any of them, including the Angel Cartel ! One day I'll be skipping between Pirate and Empire space selling corporations their stolen stuff back :p

W

whipped

I've been building up my Minmitar trader as well. I agree with the markets not being good enough yet. I had a good experience the other day though.

Electronic parts was selling for 100 ISK more than I could buy it 12 jumps away. Thought I'd do a trade run. I bought enough units as I could afford and set off to pick them up. Got there, picked them up and as I was leaving (0.4 system) got a threat alert. No biggy, warped to the jump gate. As I get there and start heading towards the gate, the same guy appears and starts shooting seven bells of shit out of me. As my shields drop and my hull crumples I'm thinking, "Balls, I'm going to lose all my money." I swear I was dead, but I managed to jump with no shields and no armour. Auto piloted to the selling place and made 20 000 ISK, unfortunatly it cost me 10 000 to repair my ship :(

Just started my second character now that I'll be turning into a bounty hunter. Going to join a guild soon and start on my carrerr path.

I think I'll keep my first character as a freelancer. I quite enjoy playing him.

C

Custy

I am still trying to get on my feet, mining Pyro in safe systems while i do other things. I will keep my susbscription up (have another 2 weeks on it anyway) and keep on playing. I wanna get a cruiser asap so i can join in on my corps expeditions to the far edges of the universe.

Still in my imi but only a couple of hundred thousand off an iteron mk2 which will be good then i can save for a exequorer (?)

Anyway, im having fun.

A

adslrizla

Don't waste your money on the Iteron MK2 save another couple of hundred K and get the MK3. Stick 3 cargo extenders on it, 3 afterburners and a miner. The only Iteron that is better for mining is the MK5.

Now go park it in a belt (in a 0.9 system) next to a big roid and start it going. Then go to work or wherever. When you come back you'll have 16K of pyro to refine and sell. Rinse and repeat until your skill levels/equipment are high enough for heading out to the edge...

It'll make things go a lot quicker mate :)

PS - it'll take 1.75 hours for the Iteron3 to fill itself. You can tell I've been here eh? :D

Edit - however since I work from home I just check it every couple of hours and do the rinse/repeat cycle then - pulls in about 3 million a day usually which isn't bad while I train skills.

A

adslrizla

Have to say the game sort of sucks for anyone starting it now though :( When they moved all the rare ore out of Empire space that pretty much screwed all the newbies.

Anyone starting now I'd advise to go more for the military skills and worry about mining/refining later - you'll make more doing 10-15 jumps (each way) and selling unrefined rare ore than you will slogging through the pyro.

Still I've got 2 weeks invested in my character so I'm not changing now :D

E

Embattle

I'm progressing nicely atm with skills and a rather good ship, this is mainly the result of getting in a good Corp, CoreTech. We are currently a major supplier of Zydrine in our region which is useful since everyone is building ships and few seem to be producing Zydrine.

Tom is also a member of CoreTech and while not exactly large with do have a few new members joining soon, we also tend to be careful who we recurit as they normally have access to the Corp hanger, they also tend to get a Cruiser using Corp money.

A number of future features are very promising although I hope stability of the servers and connections to them increases otherwise it might be hard for me to justify my long term commitment to the game.

L

larossa

My miner, Maeve got shot up by a PC pirate yesterday (not pod killed though). I had no goodies on board to speak of and no guns and as it was a pointless sort of attack we decided revenge was essential :)

2 cruisers (stabbers) and an assortment of frigates went looking. The pirate, Katakis was brought to bay and one cruiser let rip with guns and widowmaker rockets while the other cruiser had a pc crash moment. result? pirate 85% damage, cruiser 95% cos he was too near a station and the rockets damaged the station, so the station guns opened fire on him!

The pirate dived into the station and refused to come out to play again :(

A

adslrizla

A few words of warning peeps. m0o now have some awesome weapons! I saw two of them rip a Moa to pieces in 8 (yes eight!) seconds. Fortunately for me they were preoccupied with the cruiser and I was near enough to the stargate to get the hell out of town in my ickle indy :D

Oh and this was in a 0.9 system - they blew the cops away quite easily too from what I subsequently heard.....

N

Neural Network

Just been reading about this on the official forums. It looks like this is one serious problem, and the game is loosing players.
If this isn't dealt with shortly, I'm out of here. I'm not going to waste time or money and then loose it all with out a chance. I thought these space battles would last for minutes, where you could get a chance to use some of the neat equipment. Not being set back to zero, caught in the lag.

A

adslrizla

Well I for one hope they don't nerf weapons, however shield skills/items could do with a serious bump. Most of them are utter rubbish to be quite frank and at the moment there's little point in actually bothering with them. Get some firepower and speed and don't worry too much about your defence seems to be the rule of thumb right now.

Sure shields work reasonably well against npc's but not against pc pirates they don't :)

Users who are viewing this thread