how I spent my weekend.... and plans for the new year

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Looking after the girlfriend and spending 4 hours in casualty last night when her temperature went over 40 degrees......

Looks like the new year is going to be a bit crap with her on 2 types of antibiotics and currently unable to leave the house.....

nerf illness.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
Ouch, she gunna be ok?

Yeah, they ruled out all the serious stuff, just in pain with a fever till it all goes away.l

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
shame how the year has to end then

although no chance for an early recovery?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:
shame how the year has to end then

although no chance for an early recovery?

nah, just time, rest and antibiotics. just really glad it was nothing serious.

one good thing though, although A&E were totally swamped because her temperature had raised over 40 they pretty much ruched her through for tests so the proposed 7-8 hour wait only was an hour before she was in a bed out the back. still took 3 more hours for the tests though.

work were good, I mailed in and took the morning off which everyone was cool with.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
one good thing though, although A&E were totally swamped because her temperature had raised over 40 they pretty much ruched her through for tests so the proposed 7-8 hour wait only was an hour before she was in a bed out the back. .

Amazes me how A&E can get away with a 7-8 hour wait and still be legal.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Brynn said:
Amazes me how A&E can get away with a 7-8 hour wait and still be legal.

we were talking afterwards about the scams that hospitals run to keep the times down. apparantly ambulancemen are up in arms at the moment because they have to look after patients until they are signed over to the hospitals care, and to keep waiting times down the hospitals are making them wait hours to do this thus stopping the ambulance people from doing their ambulancing and making them into glorified babysitters........
i have so many rants about the hospital I was at this weekend though, I've been having treatment there for 7 months now and it's by far and away the worst run I've ever seen.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
accident & emergency ¬_¬

you dunno that? :|

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear that Yar :/
My own GF just went through a similiar illness. Never broke 40 degree though, but insanely close. Got well just before xmas though :clap:

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah but he once asked me about buying tickets for Arsenal games, and his English was so good! I assumed he was from somewhere near here.

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
His English is good, granted, and yes he has visited England :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom