how hard will it be for me to come back?

saltehboom

Fledgling Freddie
ive decided to come back to daoc in the near future.
its Salty/Critsii here btw ;d

last time i played was like 2-3 years ago, when catacombs was in beta, so my gear is fairly old i guess.
will i need alot of playtime to rvr again?
im gonna use my shade again.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
batrler and malice will get a nerf
new trend is leggies and/or champ weapon (sometimes malice)
also u'll need an update, due to those leggies, on ur resists

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
tbh wont take you long to get retemplated lots of arti raids run regulary and stuff.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If u did your TOA part and have a decent template from back then u can quite skip all Cata and DR content and go out RvR without problems.

saltehboom

Fledgling Freddie
If u did your TOA part and have a decent template from back then u can quite skip all Cata and DR content and go out RvR without problems.

ah thats good.
my ns and bm are both fully toaed, leggies and artis on both.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
ive decided to come back to daoc in the near future.
its Salty/Critsii here btw ;d

last time i played was like 2-3 years ago, when catacombs was in beta, so my gear is fairly old i guess.
will i need alot of playtime to rvr again?
im gonna use my shade again.

/delete yes imo :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Salty,

Very easy to start again. If you don't have cata but do have ToA and have templated chars you can pretty much just log in and go rvr no worries.

Levelling new chars is also much easier now with Cata, free level every 2-3 days up till lvl 47 and lvl's 48-50 can be done in a few hours just doing cata quests. Regular arti raids run and ml raids are pretty much one every 2-3 weeks.

What guild were/are you in? If you let us know we can probably let you know what players you might know that are still around and what your guild is doing nowadays.

Population is a lot lower than when you were last here, but it doesn't really impact on rvr much except you see a few less groups out and it's more difficult to find soloers away from the main rvr choke points, but there are groups and there are soloers who roam in areas where groups won't often go. Many will post here saying the server is dead, they have a point, but an example would be sunday afternoon there were 150 hibs online. Ok, thats not a lot really compared to the way the server was 4 years ago, but about 100 of those were in rvr.

Personally i would recommend anyone to come back and try the game again, lots of great peeps still play the game, lots of great guilds and the usual abundance of helpful peeps. Hib has probably never been as united as it is right now, almost always we face 3-1 numbers vs albs but we are well up for the challenge! All the guilds and alliances pull together when needed (even those who don't really like each other much will come out together for the common good), it's quite a thing to behold when we really get our heads together!

Anyway, enough propaganda from me :)

saltehboom

Fledgling Freddie
im in celtic fist, i know most of the ppl i kept in touch with have quit/are on wow now.
i always talked to most of the other stealthers from all realms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom