How effective are your debuffs

Ging

Part of the furniture
Was pissing about yesterday on my Tri specced cabalist (in between dieing alot) and wanted to test effectiveness of the 30% body debuff.

Gingy rr2 tri specced cabby.
Oljad rr8 (i think) merc with no AoM and 26% body resist

after i debuffed him he still had 10% body resist, anyone know why my 30% debuff only took 16%.

he then logged his cabby on who has 50% body debuff and debuffed me (i have 26% resist) and took me to -4% which is 30% debuff in total.

Im confuzed why a 30% debuff only debuffs for 16% and a 50% debuff only debuffs 30%

any of u maths heads know why this is?

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
I beleive it is a bug when you delve it, yellow debuff is only supposed to be 15% debuff and last debuff is 30%, they nerfed it in some patch but didn't change the delve, read it somewhere on VN boards, delve gets fixed next patch.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Debuffs, if enough spec in that line, are effectively delve * 1.25. However, thats on resist-buffs. If there are no resist-buffs, they only do half of that.

For the 50% debuff, its effectively 50% * 1.25 = 62% however thats effectively only half because you dont have resist-buffs ----> 30% debuff. Which explains the -4% body resists (vulnerability)

On your RR2 tri-spec caba, you dont have enough spirit-spec to get the *1.25 multiplier, so your debuff does only 30% * 1.00 = 30%. The merc had no resists buffs, so only half effectively ----> 26% - 15% = 11%. Different roundings might show you 10%, which is what you had.

Hope this explains what you saw in detail ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
thats good enough reason to goto 46 for me! cba with his NS'ing crap anyway :)

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
debuff works for full effect on casted resists and only half-effect on item resists.

26%(item) + 24%(casted) = 50%

with a 30% debuff you first strip away the casted resists (24here).
this leaves us with 26% item resists and 6% of buff value. Debuff only works for half on items resists so we have 26%-3%=23% resists left.
If you have 10% spellpierce you strip another 10% leaving your target with 13% resists.
Of course not every person has capped resists :)

With the 50% debuff you leave your target with 13% resists, if you have 10% spellpierce this means 3% resists.

Up to you if 10% difference in resists is worth wasting a lot of specpoints.
As far as i know you cant debuff someone into negative resists anymore.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Exarkun said:
debuff works for full effect on casted resists and only half-effect on item resists.

26%(item) + 24%(casted) = 50%

with a 30% debuff you first strip away the casted resists (24here).
this leaves us with 26% item resists and 6% of buff value. Debuff only works for half on items resists so we have 26%-3%=23% resists left.
If you have 10% spellpierce you strip another 10% leaving your target with 13% resists.
Of course not every person has capped resists :)

With the 50% debuff you leave your target with 13% resists, if you have 10% spellpierce this means 3% resists.

Up to you if 10% difference in resists is worth wasting a lot of specpoints.
As far as i know you cant debuff someone into negative resists anymore.

Spending so much on the template to get max dmg output (dmg+speed) and having 5% passive resist pierce + CS id rather be getting them down to 0% or as near as to maximise effectivness of the nukes. Ofc lvl 46 debuff with mof2 is pretty much a garenteed land each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom