how do you like cata?

Aballith

Loyal Freddie
It was an absaloutly essential expansion imo to keep this game alive. It actually returns some enjoyment into the level process and actually makes it possible to level up solo. Sure it adds nothing for the pure pvp powerleveling arti farmer but the newbie friendliness its added is utterly vital to help keep this game going and ensure it has a good future.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
The expansion is shit, tbh i have not bought it and i wont either...You speak of for new players solo lvling and so on. The aount of ppl new players VS old what side do you have the highest numbers?

You mention gfx it was needed, It sure as hell was not harpy's,Healers embrace and so on looks like some idiot woke up in the middle of the night starting to pixel them. Also the gfx does not do the game or any other game for that matter.

Nicer gfx=worse lag ppl might even retire from game cause they cant/wont buy new gfx card more ram perhaps even better cpu. The gameplay does the biggest part in a game...Ultima online never had "stunning gfx,mirror reflections,more human looks, better this better that" ppl played cause its so open has best or atleast had best pvp ever in mmorpg history list is long.

But if mythic prefer to spit of as many expands as they can before they close down, I dont mind but i wont either buy them, And i still say they should focus more on current player base,class fixes,rvr balance perhaps more complicated questing, player events etc.

I know ppl say NF is great NF is this NF is that, But NF is just a bad arse expand..Why could they not just had tweaked the keeps, current keeps in old emain,old odins etc..Before excal had a damn wide playerbase around if not more than 3000ppl....I cant even remember when we were close to 2000 anymore.

I saw some post few days ago gratz blah blah we 1500 that is half of what we were before.wth do 1500ppl vanish too, The server clustering kinda speaks for its self.Some quit im sure probably alot when NF came WoW has been released and maybe a few more factors.

Just my personal view, if you like cata you simply do...I still think however mythic does not focus on the main subject they more drool after the $$$

Helme

Resident Freddy
Gravediggah said:
I still think however mythic does not focus on the main subject they more drool after the $$$
The main subject isn't RvR, it is PvE more people play for it.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Love cata to bits, adds so much to the replay value, u can level 1-50 in the old zones, also in SI and now the instanced places too.

U can just log on for 30 mins and make a decent amount of xp, love it for us casual players. u dont have to find a hunting spot, dont have to worry about spots being camped, u dont even have to worry about people comming and joining your spot.

I still think open field is better for some classes, but for a melee class those instanced dungeons are a god send.

love the way you can also travel underground now from one dungeon to another, so not only can u move over the ground and underwater, now we also have undergroun, adds so much to the RP value of the game.

To me nothing has been taken away (nothing good anyway), only been added to and things that dont embalance the game in terms of PVP.

Eye candy defenately needed to compete with all the compitition, the player models were starting to look crap, the open area looks ok but the models were really looking cack. Can easily compete with the new games on the market atm, before cata it was looking well dated

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
The main subject isn't RvR, it is PvE more people play for it.

It has pve ofc all games does, Nothing odd about that UO has it,shadowbane,wow has it etc. But the product Dark age of camelot hit the market based on epic realm vs realm wars the goal is for some lucky to get guild rvr get rr12.

To say game is Pve that would be same as say all mmorpgs are pve just like ppl dream about reward system in WOW blizzard could just tell them to f**k off sence hey more pve ppl play than pvp.

Personally i have played daoc sence beta 2 that was on US server, I have done about 15 chars overall imagine toa them. I play for rvr some of my classes had issue's back then and still do. After my years in daoc i dont give a rat poh about pve im feed up with pve. That mythic toss out an expand for pve i understand they want/need more $$ like all companies does but still i dont think that gives them the right to ignore the rvr issue's class issue's etc the game has like they have for years.

I can give you a perfect cross example if you ever have played UO, They made trammel cause somehow ppl moaned they got pk'd and it was an issue to them, I was not a pk until way l8r or i became one then. How come 10.000's managed to coop with this and played and had a blast?

I mean cause of the ppl claimed Pve 4tehwin, Orgin made a mirror facet they called trammel...What happend? a zerg left the game pvp ppl and later on the Pve ppl started leaving aswell something crossed there mind that "Oh pve was not so fun after 1-2years of it" What was left? a broken faction war, the pvp that really wiped a$$ with all other mmorpgs was crushed in to stone dust.

And now? Well ofc now orgin try spit out expands, alot of promises about improved pvp, fixed faction wars...tbh the is passed for them sure some play still just like daoc but there way of letting all ppl down really screwed them over.

I said it before and i can repeat it, Mythic and all other companies its not them who make the game WE the ppl"players" we are dark age of camelot not mythic, Its we who makes the world living, its we who rvr, its we who pve, its we who pay to play.

In general a big big teamwork among ppl.

Anyways this kinda turned out to a long dsfhsjf letter lol, Still what i think peronally about the expand and how mythic is handeling it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sh33p said:
ToA fucked up DAoC, anyone that feels like playing one of the new chars has to level to 50, get sc'd, camp artis, level artis, then start doing MLs? All before being able to RvR well? lol

They were complete morons for adding huge amounts of PvE grind to what is primarily for most people a PvP game. If they wanted to fix that catacombs items would be comparable to ToA artis but that will never happen.

actually for most people it's a PvE game with the occasional bit of PvP - there's a few people for which it's the other way around but they're a minority (count the number of people in the frontiers and bgs when there's no relic raids or whatever going on on /who compared to the total)

The majority of forum posters probably play for pvp with a bit of pve but it's nothing near a majority of players.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
after a couple of years of play, every mmorpg out there will have bits that toaly annoy you, doesnt matter what game you play you will always get issues as such. What to me, makes DaOC way above the rest is the variety in content to the game.

This game isnt only geared towards people who already have a level 50 and to be honest that last big add on was geared towards 40+, this ones more pre 40 so fair enough if your already 50 on a character you aint gonna get much out the add on, but for someone starting out new, or even someone with a couple of 50's wanting to try out a new class this patch hit the nail on the head.

Obviously if you have x amount of 50's on each server and been playing since DoAC was still a todler, no matter what mythic do they're not gonna add much more to your game without totaly remaking the game, its just the way it is.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Gravediggah said:
I can give you a perfect cross example if you ever have played UO, They made trammel cause somehow ppl moaned they got pk'd and it was an issue to them, I was not a pk until way l8r or i became one then. How come 10.000's managed to coop with this and played and had a blast?

I mean cause of the ppl claimed Pve 4tehwin, Orgin made a mirror facet they called trammel...What happend? a zerg left the game pvp ppl and later on the Pve ppl started leaving aswell something crossed there mind that "Oh pve was not so fun after 1-2years of it" What was left? a broken faction war, the pvp that really wiped a$$ with all other mmorpgs was crushed in to stone dust.

I played UO for 3 years on Baja (US server) in an anti-pk pvp guild, and I can tell you that if they hadn't introduced trammel there would have been no UO now. Casual players, that make up the main income of a mmorpg, can't compete with the 24/7 gank crews and so at some point they say "fuck it" and move to a different game. If you don't cater for them the game dies - just having a gank fest for a minority of players does not ensure long term survival. UO may not be the game it was, but it's still going. DAOC had to do the same - they could have left the game exactly as it was post SI (as some want) but it would have gone down hill alot quicker because it simply wasn't fun for the majority of players. TOA was a low point overall, but the changes made since have made it fun again for the majority. As a whole now the game seems quite solid, offering opportunities for a variety of play styles. Imho of course ;)

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I played UO for 3 years on Baja (US server) in an anti-pk pvp guild, and I can tell you that if they hadn't introduced trammel there would have been no UO now. Casual players, that make up the main income of a mmorpg, can't compete with the 24/7 gank crews and so at some point they say "fuck it" and move to a different game. If you don't cater for them the game dies - just having a gank fest for a minority of players does not ensure long term survival. UO may not be the game it was, but it's still going. DAOC had to do the same - they could have left the game exactly as it was post SI (as some want) but it would have gone down hill alot quicker because it simply wasn't fun for the majority of players. TOA was a low point overall, but the changes made since have made it fun again for the majority. As a whole now the game seems quite solid, offering opportunities for a variety of play styles. Imho of course ;)

So you played UO aswell then you should know if you now played for 3 years i still have my account had it sence nov 97, u were anti...I was too before i went PK.

The gank crews you speak of i know nothing about, sure there was bigger wars sometimes, im from atlantic/europe tho correct me if im wrong.

back then you could rvr with bow/sword/hally or whatever you needed some regs perhaps some pots, 1 expand later my templated costed about 250mill. few artifacts+crafted armor etc.

And sence you played UO im sure you know how mutch 100mill is, How in earth will a new guy handle that? sure he can pvp without im legendary mage/eval so i will 2 shot him before he can do anything.

There is like 2 options for this guy 1, get alot of cash 2,quit just to be able to play.Just like daoc has become now, the prices on alb is just uber lame.

From what i can get the ppl that do rvr is so few, So i quite understand if mythic think like you do its enough that they fix 1 rvr issue every 3rd year and 2-3 pve expands between that.

Changes in a game is a must ofc, But it should be fair changes and good changes. Something that do so you must do new template with every expand is crap.

Same with patches, do you personally think we should get the fixes,tweaks etc 5-6 months after US servers? hello all rr10 warlocks i say...But as you said so few rvr that it does not matter...Perhaps im the one that is in wrong game.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Gravediggah said:
So you played UO aswell then you should know if you now played for 3 years i still have my account had it sence nov 97, u were anti...I was too before i went PK..

I moved to DAOC when it was released - 1 reason being that UO just looked old in comparison and the daoc rvr was very new at the time. Basically never went back to UO and gave my accounts away to friends. Could have got a shed load of dosh on ebay but oh well :)

Gravediggah said:
The gank crews you speak of i know nothing about, sure there was bigger wars sometimes, im from atlantic/europe tho correct me if im wrong...

Were a lot of pk (and anti-pk) gank guilds around on US servers, plus alot of griefers who would target new players. Was fun if you were in them and could put in the time, soon became old if you were on the receiving end. Was ok for me as had a good strong guild, but that wasn't the case for everyone.

Gravediggah said:
From what i can get the ppl that do rvr is so few, So i quite understand if mythic think like you do its enough that they fix 1 rvr issue every 3rd year and 2-3 pve expands between that.

I've never said that there aren't a lot of fixes that still need to happen - but they happen alot more regularly than you suggest. Fixes and expansions aren't mutually exclusive.

Gravediggah said:
Changes in a game is a must ofc, But it should be fair changes and good changes. Something that do so you must do new template with every expand is crap

That's one reason I like Catas - there's no "have to" about it.

Gravediggah said:
Same with patches, do you personally think we should get the fixes,tweaks etc 5-6 months after US servers? hello all rr10 warlocks i say

Works both ways that - we also see the nerfs coming ;)

Gravediggah said:
But as you said so few rvr that it does not matter...Perhaps im the one that is in wrong game.

Meant gank group rvr, not rvr in general - though pretty irrelevant with Cats as it hardly affects it. Anyways, got off topic somewhat :)

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
updating the graphis is MUST if you want any chance of new blood in the game.

UO anyone?

Wiiq

Banned
good game i hate the player grafic's but the dungeon grafics is great :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom