How do you farm money?

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
I've been rvr'ing with my warrior for quite some time, got a nice template sorted spent alot of money on it.
While rvr'ing my money has been going down slowly but surely, endu/heal barrels, recharging items, respec stones (mainly RA) etc.
I'm just wondering how you all keep your funds up as i have nearly run out, not really a fan of PvE, i used to enjoy going to DF and farm the seals but they changed it making it alot harder.
Do scrolls still sell ? Dont tell me to go to Champ dungeon and farm, gets boring fast and i only make about 500g.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Aye it's quite hard to earn money, especially if you don't have a BB. I try make most of mine in rvr, but the same thing, arti repairs,using charges, it all stacks up and ya slowly lose money.:(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, but PvE is the way to make money, its also easier to make cash with either a decent trade like ACing, or having a decent PvE guild group to farm with. Some of SH make 1-2p+ an hour in DF or the halls, or farm ML1.1, 9 or 7 for drops and scrolls. Scrolls aint worth much these days with the odd exception, but its still a very competative market.

Simple rule is, solo farming isnt as good as social farming, and PvE is still and always will be the way to generate cash.

I will say I think repair prices and the rates items decay is abismal, and seriously needs fixing. IMO no items should degrade in RvR, and should not degrade anywhere near the speed they do now.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Farm kraken and sell the loot. Jsut lower the price slowly sooner or later someone buys.

Oh ding 60p btw. ^^

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Sorry, but PvE is the way to make money, its also easier to make cash with either a decent trade like ACing, or having a decent PvE guild group to farm with. Some of SH make 1-2p+ an hour in DF or the halls, or farm ML1.1, 9 or 7 for drops and scrolls. Scrolls aint worth much these days with the odd exception, but its still a very competative market.

Simple rule is, solo farming isnt as good as social farming, and PvE is still and always will be the way to generate cash.

I will say I think repair prices and the rates items decay is abismal, and seriously needs fixing. IMO no items should degrade in RvR, and should not degrade anywhere near the speed they do now.
should fine be able to do "solo" farm still imo. Theres Sm with ml9 focus, can do alot of encounters for diffrent drops, and these some very nice jewlery dropping in catacombs that can be focused. And ofc theres still the option to earn money selling/buying in housing, did that alot in alb. Bought cheap nice rogs/scrolls and sold it on, but guess you can only do it with rogs now a days.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Go to mls with Faril's chars ;o its easy money, watching tv while making sure you get all the steps ^^

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
plant some money tree's and water them regularly :p

just kidding with u,if you have a bot,shammie mate or just a few other friends try the Co5 dungeon it's great for cash and stuff.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
should fine be able to do "solo" farm still imo. Theres Sm with ml9 focus, can do alot of encounters for diffrent drops, and these some very nice jewlery dropping in catacombs that can be focused. And ofc theres still the option to earn money selling/buying in housing, did that alot in alb. Bought cheap nice rogs/scrolls and sold it on, but guess you can only do it with rogs now a days.
Hes a warrior dude, bit difficult to focus anything "solo" with that Id say.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Hes a warrior dude, bit difficult to focus anything "solo" with that Id say.
well just becous its his warrior he rvr on dosnt mean he cant have another char. Else it hardly takes time to level a sm, and give it some random rogs from housing to call it a focus bot, atleast it didnt for me :)

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
get a 1 or 2 buddies and sort out a sm (dont need ml9 but is nice) and a bb + speed char to get around faster (aug healer can do).
do encounter's such as SoM, malice, foppish sleeves (think u need a skald speed 4 this tho dunno if u can do it on aug speed), terkari, band of stars, croc dagger(while ur there, and it can drop some nice rog's), gov, brag's bow(take's ages tho), zahur, 2.10, 1.1, 1.9, go do some encounter's in ml9 etc, some ml5 step's drop some rather nice drop's that might be worth some.

if u cba with getting a few ppl togther with farming, just join dragon raid's + DS run's and any epic mob slaugther sutch as levi / kraken, wont set u back that much time and u will get a steady flow of cash

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
how the hell do U manage to loose money while SOLO RvR ???

I earn upto 1p a day on rvr depending on how much I'm on and I spend nowhere near that amount on barrels, recharge and repair on one day.

Actually I can have upto 10p a month profit from RvR alone from a single toon.

U earn far less from fg RvR ofc. :drink:

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Bistrup666 said:

I earn upto 1p a day on rvr depending on how much I'm on and I spend nowhere near that amount on barrels, recharge and repair on one day.

I fail to believe that.
And thanks to everyone for the input, i'll take it all into consideration but i lost my house while i was away on holiday :(

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Bistrup666 said:

lol yeh right.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i think there's a vast differance between solo:ing as a caster and solo:ing as a tank :)

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
i think there's a vast differance between solo:ing as a caster and solo:ing as a tank :)
and depending on how many arti's u have xD

illu

Part of the furniture
trycorn said:
and depending on how many arti's u have xD
http://www.camelotherald.com/patches.php?mode=live
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.84 Release Notes
New Battleground, Class Changes and Art Revamps
June 21, 2006

- Artifact repair costs have been reduced by 50%.

This can't come quick enough.

Oli - Illu

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Dark Age of Camelot
June 21, 2006

Oli - Illu
i dont dare to say the state of my valk arties atm :p but im waiting for the patch ofc...

aslird

Fledgling Freddie
Bistrup666 said:

That is almost 58 solo kills per night - if you are getting that, tell me how please :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i do 1.5fg dragon raids. 2 of each stone for less than 2 hours work. pretty boring but keeps me in cash

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
i do 1.5fg dragon raids. 2 of each stone for less than 2 hours work. pretty boring but keeps me in cash

Damn Anis!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mas said:
Damn Anis!
all we use the anis for it to kill adds, we tank the dragon down with 2 heros 1 warden and 2 BMs/vamps :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dragon raids are the most casual player friendly IMO.

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
illu said:

Dark Age of Camelot
June 21, 2006

Oli - Illu
****************ALERT ALERT****************
That change is listed under "Item Notes - Albion" only ??!!??
So now it's proven Mythic favors albion. ;)
****************ALERT ALERT****************

Version 1.84 Release Notes said:
="http://www.camelotherald.com/patches.php?mode=live"

Dark Age of Camelot
June 21, 2006

Item Notes - Midgard

- Players who are able to wear the chain version of the Crown of Zahur may trade the current version for an Acuity or Constitution version of the artifact. Please see Loremistress Vendela for this trade.

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for a Strength, Piety/Buff Bonus, Piety/Spell Range, or Charisma version. Please see Artifact Scholar Alaria for this trade.

Item Notes - Hibernia

- Players who are able to wear the scale version of the Crown of Zahur may trade the current version for an Acuity or Constitution version of the artifact. Please see Sage Narvla for this trade.

- Players who are able to wear the reinforced version of the Crown of Zahur may trade the current version for a Dexterity or Charisma version of the artifact. Please see Sage Narvla for this trade.

- Players who are able to wear the cloth version of the Crown of Zahur may trade the current version for a Dexterity or Intelligence version of the artifact. Please see Sage Narvla for this trade.

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for an Empathy, Intelligence, or Strength version. Please see Artifact Scholar Elmer for this trade.

Item Notes - Albion

- Players who are able to wear the chain or cloth version of the Crown of Zahur may trade the current version for an Acuity or Dexterity version of the artifact. Please see Artifact Scholar Khaliad for this trade.

- The underwater monsters in the classic zone revamps have been itemized for Albion and Hibernia. As well the itemization for Midgard's underwater monsters was modified to provide more variety. In addition, all three realm's underwater monsters have been added to the ROG and spellcrafting items loot tables that were added to certain mob types earlier in this patch cycle.

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for a Strength, Piety/Buff Bonus, Piety/Spell Range, or Charisma version. Please see Artifact Scholar Jarron for this trade.

Then again they did understand that this would not go unnoticed.
quick question did you scroll down this far before before blowing steam out youre ears.:)
Sanya Thomas said:
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2445.shtml
In the patch notes, we mistakenly placed into only the Albion item notes a note stating that Artifact repair costs have been reduced by 50%. This should have been placed in the general notes section for Trials of Atlantis, as it applies to all artifacts in the game, for all three realms. The new note reads:

- The repair costs of all Artifacts in all three realms have been reduced by 50%.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
aslird said:
That is almost 58 solo kills per night - if you are getting that, tell me how please :)

Well no it's not ;)

As solo ppl vs zerg U earn loads of cash.

U just need to do half damage to get the 17 gold for em.

In a zerg I can ae spear the fecks and get 17 g from half of them.

So when I solo and get solo kill's I earn far less then when there is iRvR and U zerg kills.

U can easyli get full cash for a kill and only like 400-500 rp

So say it's 500 rp a piece thats 17p fort 500k rp. Take my last week rp and add it up U will see I'm not way of.

Forgot the warrior part tho ;( not like this is gonna happen with a war.

But hey brad I really don't care if U believe me or not as I can see U don't but U never tried it I did so :fluffle:

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
Aurulite is a great source of money, as is the Co5 dungeon that you hate :p

Aurulite sells for 1g a piece day in day out. With a buffbot you can chew through the mobs with a 50 warrior. If you have some mates that want a bit of xp drag them along. The level of the dungeon goes up slightly but so does the aurulite dropped.

2x Warrior + BB + Leecher = 2.5k / hour. Tho thats due to the speed of 2 warriors pulling 10-15 mobs and shield swiping them down and the fact that there were 4 ppl in the dungeon upping auru drops. Solo you'd probably be able to get near 1plat / hour including cash drops.

Alternatively farm in Volc for a few hours. Scrolls are still viable. Scalars book ~4p, Cheapest SOM is over 3p and Malice ~4p too. Battler probably not worth more than ~2p but if you roam from Skopos bridge (near SOM) over to the Taur Villiage and to Malice bridge with more Skopos on you can do quite well.

Stick some ROGs on don't PVE in your arti's else you'll make very little cash after arti repair!

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
i remember making 60p in like 1 week when i wanted to make my chars, by only farming cb 1o3. i used to sell em for 2.5 - 3p and it worked like a charm, on my little secret place tho. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom