how do you burn dvds?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
say for example i had a film on dvd and i wanted to make a copy of it, how would i go about this?

(and you know me i need a step by step idiots guide lol)

Thx

Ez
xxxx

Laddey

FH is my second home
say for example i had a film on dvd and i wanted to make a copy of it, how would i go about this?

(and you know me i need a step by step idiots guide lol)

Thx

Ez
xxxx

I'd like this aswell!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Then its useless!

copyrighted stuff is more involved as it is actually bigger than the dvd you are burning to after you extracted it
So you need to cut stuff out (like trailers, extra's etc)/re-encode it

Apart from us not being allowed to talk about such things here, it takes literally hours to do and sometimes quicker just to download a ISO from the web where someone else has done it all for you

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i was using something before that would copy the DVD exactly as it was, with credits and menus etc.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I use handbrake on the Mac and DVD Decrypter on the PC to rip.

And then I use either Disco on the Mac or Nero on the PC to burn it afterwards.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Catalyst DVD is also good, provided you can get version 2 for free.
Useful as it can rip and encode to various different formats, and even for various devices in a flash.

I have a Palm PC that I take with me wen I have to go to hospital (been happening alot lately) so I tend to keep a few spare SD cards with films on them for it, just in case a 3 days visit lasts a week or two.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
so what do i do then dl this nero then just put the dvd in my pc and save it then dl it on to a blank dvd?

is nero free btw?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i was just looking at some websites where you can DL movies for like a quid each, are these any good and are they kosher to use? i mean i dont want the vice squad breaking in at 3am and messing up the place tbh.

any recommendations?

soze

I am a FH squatter
A free solution is DVD shrink to create a ISO file of the movie. Then use a free CD writter like CD Burner XP pro to copy the ISO to a disk.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Peronally i just rent them from the 4 film site, they post them to you and you can post them back whenever you can be arsed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom