How do (sword/shield) Paladins play in RvR?

Igniseus

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Would anyone like to take me through how an 8v8 or tower/keep raid might go?
Do you just stand at the back next to your casters/healers and wait for enemies to come attack them or is it a bit more involving than i think?
I really like using a sword and shield in PvE and would like to use them in RvR too but the idea of sitting in the back doesnt sound good. I'm not bothered about "kill spam", but i'd like to feel involved and be constantly active.
If its how i think im not TOO bothered as ill just go 2h sword. However, would i be best going Armsman if i want 2h sword?
Or would a dual wielding sword Mercenary be better than these options?

By the way, i'll be playing on the classic server.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
sieges suxx, you'll most likely end up sitting in a ram, and/or playing end.

for 8v8 rvr if you happen to find a group, you'll be cool there. bogyuarding, grappling, twisting 5-6 chants, throw weapon, insta taunt, slamming, ras, arties.. many nice toys there.

for solo you'll do fine against some meleers, but against casters or dual wielder enemies... well, you better create a /rel macro.

ive chosen 2h.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
If you want to do damage as a melee Alb in RvR, you're looking at either a polearm Armsman or two handed Pally or Armsman. Shield users rarely get deathspam at all, and obviously the more damage you can dish out faster the more likely you are to kill your opponent.

As a melee though, you're kinda screwed without a group behind you.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Roalith said:
As a melee though, you're kinda screwed without a group behind you.

im 80% solo, 19% duoing, 1% grouping and im fine thx :)

everything depends on the playstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom