how do my mates join a game????

M

mantronix

Hello,

I am new to this , so i would be gratefull for some help.

I have just subscribed to the free one months trial so that i can book servers for our clan.

We have just started playing mohaa, we all have spearhead and breakthrough.

Ok heres my dilema,

I successfully last night booked a server for an hour (was a password protected game) and tryed to join via the multiplayer bit in the mohaa game.

When i typed in the ip and tryed to join, it kept on saying that i had an invalid password.

my mates also tryed to join the game and were given the same message.

I then went through the game.net toolbar and tryed to join, were i was prompted for the game room password, which i typed in, and was then able to join the room, however i was there on my own, cause my mates could not join.

my question is this:-

Once i have set up a bookable server, can i join the room via the game (ie the maultiplayer bit) if so, how do i enter a password???

or

can you only join via the game.net toolbar?? if so, what is the best way to join the room??

also

do all my mates have to register for the free one months subscrition, before they can join the room??

any usefull tips or comments would be appricaited

thanks

MANTRONIX

A

Andiehuk

You need to enter the password in console. Goto the options, select advanced settings and put a tick in the console box. Then apply the changes.

Now press ` which is the key under the escape key normally.

Type the following in the console window replacing the details where required.

password letmein
[ press enter ]
connect 212.221.175.6:29960
[ press enter ]

You mates can do this and no they don't need to be Game members to use the server. The above commands work for all of the MOHAA series.

Hope this helps

B

Brass Monkeys

Does this apply to bookable servers for battlefield 1942 also? with players joining go through the "console" and use the commands quoted above?

A

Andiehuk

I think if you do it through battlefield you should connect through the in game browser i.e. find the server in the list, try to connect and it should pop up with a password box for you to fill in.

I could be wrong though, anyone else care to comment as I'm not all that familiar with BF

B

Brass Monkeys

youre right. Ive asked this question in another forum and got the same response.

thanks anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread