How did YOU discover DAOC?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The usual story - friends, not advertising !

After several months, I gave in, and joined Chretien, Shamara and a few other RL friends in Camelot.

It's the friends, RL and those I've got to know, in the Templars and out of it, that keep me here.

Otherwise some of the numpties that play the game would have driven me out. I found it hard to believe how many people went to the Alb/Pryd GOA event the other day just to try to spoil it for others by spamming rubbish.

Darzil

Aerisa

Fledgling Freddie
Played OFP and RTCW with couple of people.
One of us got into daoc and stopping playing for our clans. We ripped it out of him for ages even made this anti-daoc faq calling him geek for paying to play etc :)

After all our attempts to make him quit and stop neglecting us. Eventually I had to try it after enjoying UO so much, got more addicted than he did who quit long ago.

Got lumped with Albion because that’s where he set up. We decided I wanted to play a fighter. Ended up with choosing Paladin because 'It had best armour in game', 'spells', and can 'res'.

Found some funny irc quotes of me before I got the game.

oh the memories :D

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
Pc Gamer done an article about it long before it was released,and I thought it looked interesting.It was sometime after release that I got the game though after it had been patched a bit,mmorpg's always need a good few months to settle down.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Played and loved UO til it got crap. Then played EQ a bit but found it too mature to really get into. Then a friend and I walked into Electronics Boutique and saw daoc on the shelves so we both bought it cos we thought it looked pretty snazzy c.f. EQ. And it was.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
my bro showed me beta sign in and i signed in (ofc him to) and in i went (my bro didin´t :D ) and two years later (or whatever...) im still playing :(

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
Think it was the second or third time dupes flourished in D2, when i got really fed up with the game that had been my sole obsession for 3 years.(lvl 99 HC etc...). I told my buddies there I QUIT. Game ruined.
My best buddy in there missed playing with me, so he asked me if I wanted to try out the beta. He got the tip from another D2 addict buddy ofc :). Was buggy as hell, everything was new, but with a few pointers from our friend (Malines) things got really interesting post lvl 6, never looked back since. My buddy went back tho :(. Got invited to a guild @ lvl 9, all uphill from there :cheers:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i found it in GAME and it reminded me of legend of mir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom