How could Mythic make crafting interesting?

O

Orin Askhammare

Well I'm not a master in any tradeskill, but here's some useful links for people.

DAOC Tradeskills

Can't figure out what to charge for your wares? This spreadsheet will let you calculate everything you want to know.

DAOC Atlas has very nice maps of the capitals listing all the NPCs alphabetically. Print them out :) I found very few errors or missing names. But you can correct those yourself if ever found. Use the guards and add them to your map.

O

old.giriam

ok i just got to ask. why does people use daoc atlas? it probably has the worst (as in both inaccurate and low detail) maps in the history of maps.

G

A

Anu

crafting isn't so bad..

except

when u fail 10 times to make a item..

then when u make it.. u get no skill up gain.. :mad:

anyways running consignments hels when u've bard speed i can tell ya :D

mm speed 2 :m00:

i use my main to get money and with DF there i can get $$ pretty easy..

D

DocWolfe

I was thinking about this the other day. Why not introduce better forms of the current sewing kit, smiths hammer and that other thing. They could be dropped off epic mobs or something, depending on how much better the crafting items is. The special crafting items could increase crafting speed by 10% increase the quality of all items that are made, increase that chance to make a masterpeice by 5% etc. etc.

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by old.Docwolfe
I was thinking about this the other day. Why not introduce better forms of the current sewing kit, smiths hammer and that other thing.

Wow!! I REALLY like that idea.

A new set of quests to be introduced, bonuses to skill levels like magic users focus items. Use the same colour coded system, so you can't be twinked. Hammer of Smithing +50 to weapon crafting Purple to 0-100 red 100-200 etc.

Of course mains will still go out and complete the quests, unless your Trademaster issues them based on your craft rank...

V

Valdamar

Uggh

My skald hit 500 armorcraft this evening - started with newbie money - now have 150gold (plus 25gold in materials). Consignments all the way. Anyone can get halfway there without any capital.

But gawd its getting dull. Finished GTA3 (2nd PC) and read most of a novel between 200 and 500 skill. If this is tier 5 then tier 10 crafting must be awful - you can probably watch a whole episode of Buffy between each attempt. I wouldn't mind if skillups/successes were guaranteed/likely, but 16 fails on a yellow con are a bit harsh (even EQ wasn't that bad for fails, although it was for skillups). Why can't we get skill-ups on fails? Even more annoying, material skills lag at least 20 behind in every 100 primary skill (except cloth - only raises 40-50 in every 100 - Tailoring ahoy :( )

Its not right - you shouldn't NEED to find other things to do while playing a game - Mythic should have learnt from Verant's mistakes in EQ. The first mmorpg without any boring bits will clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom