how can you get your autotrain points with /level?

E

Erethan

Originally posted by Pin
If you want to use that sad excuse for maths to define 'one third', you might want to notice that level 1-50 is actually 49 levels, and RR1 - RR10 is actually 9 realm ranks.

So, level 1-20 is actually 19/58 of the game.

But errr... really, level 1-20 is 1-2 days to do if you actually play your char, or 1-2 hours if it's PLed :p

You actually call that playing? Just boost your character to level 20 as fast as possible, why not choose some boring shoot em up game instead (seems more like something for you).

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
didn't mean for this thread to turn into a argument o bloody hell lol

That's what you get for posting on BW :-D. I think the audience here could even turn a topic like 'little cute cuddly fluffy white bunnies' into an argument :p

Lorth

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by Erethan
You actually call that playing? Just boost your character to level 20 as fast as possible, why not choose some boring shoot em up game instead (seems more like something for you).

Although I partly appreciate the criticism on /level, I do want to share some other thoughts on this topic:

I don't think that new players feel the /level command is unfair on them - they probably even don't know the effect. If you're a new player with no friends in the game, you usually explore the world solo, you don't think about grouping until you have a good feel for the game. I don't think there's anybody who buys the game, makes his first char and then runs into Cotswold yelling 'lfg!'.

If you do have friends, you'll probably pl and group together, in which case new players won't have a chance to join in either.

I do think that before, many ppl wanted to start a new char, but refrained from doing so because of the xp grind. /level has given them that possibility, but that doesn't mean there are less low lvl players now - just some more lvl 20s, but then again, you can't really say the realms are being zerged by hordes of 20s.

As for game enjoyment, the game doesn't stop at 20 - at that point, there still is plenty to do for your character. If you think you can't miss out on everything that comes before hitting 20, by all means, roll a char up from scratch again - you're not obliged to use /level.

Finally, people with a 50 char have been in the game for quite some time and usually have tried many different characters before - hell, anyone with a 30+ char will have tried something else, because at this point, you have played that char so long that some change is very welcome. /level gives you the chance to really have some fun with that new toon straight away.

In all, I believe /level is a nice feature and I don't think anyone is bothered by it in-game. You can dislike the fact that it's there, but I don't think anybody is actually being disadvantaged.

Tnx for listening :)

Lorth

P

Pin

Originally posted by Erethan

Sorry, but what point are you trying to make? I have played the game for almost 2 years, I have levelled 4 chars 1-50 by exping them 'normally' with a mix of solo and groups, and probably another dozen through 20 (the others in my sig I powerlevelled myself). I have explored everywhere there is in Albion and the frontiers. Up until a few patches ago I had done every single quest available in Albion (my last count was around 200 different ones)

I basically consider levels 1-20 completely 'played-out' and reducing the time spent on doing the same things for the 20th time is good for my continued enjoyment of the game.

The point I made above was that removing levels 1-20 doesn't really save much time, just a couple of days. (Even my first character was level 20 inside 4 days of release, and that was with the old, much slower, exp-rate).

Yes, there are problems for new players who aren't able to find groups, etc. But this is not as much a result of /level as some people make out. The majority of people have ALWAYS done the bulk of the first 20 levels solo, using kill-tasks as the fastest, safest exp (without the hassle of noob-group building).

Maybe a better way of handling this would have been to give people double-experience (for 20 or 30 levels) instead of /level.

O

old.Kian

And now for something actually on-topic... :D

I grabbed the quote below from the reaver forum at Drunken Friar. Not tried it out myself so I have no idea if it actually works... anyone want to give it a try?

"FYI...

You CAN autotrain using /level. You just don't get autotrain points until either 24 or 28. You then get 1 autotrain point per level until you hit the "proper" autotrain total for the level you are at.

It is possible that you must visit the camelot trainer in order to re-activate the autotraining as mine didn't start until 28. A guildie who is now 29 and started close to the same time as me has 0 autotraining points, but has never visited the camelot trainer."

W

wolfofslaughter

thanks ill try it out when i get chance

I

ilienwyn

inform us results cause i am thinking of making a fotm ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom