how can you get your autotrain points with /level?

W

wolfofslaughter

any idea how to still get your autotrained skills with the /level command i noticed when i tryed /level you didnt get anything autotrained.

tryed it with a armsmen as a test.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Coim-
You can't.

yer u cant its like when u auto train u have to actualy have leveled :p not /leveled :)

W

wolfofslaughter

what if...

what if you level up too 8 to get your first autotrain points then /level ... anyone ever tryed that?

or /level too 7 then kill a mob to level too 8 and do same for every level u get autotrain points on... anyone tryed that?

would it work you think...

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Conchabar
yer u cant its like when u auto train u have to actualy have leveled :p not /leveled :)
Yeah but he said how can you autotrain using /level. :p

C

Coim-

Re: what if...

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
what if you level up too 8 to get your first autotrain points then /level ... anyone ever tryed that?

or /level too 7 then kill a mob to level too 8 and do same for every level u get autotrain points on... anyone tryed that?

would it work you think...
Don't think so. I'm sure they would have thought of people doing things such as this and made sure they couldn't.

E

Erethan

/level *sigh* wonder why no other games have it.......sux

D

Dardamein

Yes i must say that it is the worst that has happened this game.

* Hey guys lets not play a third of the game!!!!

Imho its a very nice part of the game. Let's you get the feelin for your class, meet new friends and experience features which was not available when you were at that level with yer BIG 50.

The most wierd is to /level a hib on other server when you played Albion all your life. How's that for ruining athmosphere?

Thou there are one good thing with this thou. The characters below 20 are mainly new people and the Choir has found many nice new members among them.

W

wolfofslaughter

/level has messed up things for new players to the game.

They wont see half as many people leveling cleric alts before level 20 among other caster classes plus the only tanks that they will see with level 50 alts will be ones who are after a few extra points in a skill due too autotrain.

i hope i made sence lol

kill /level on all realm's its not good for anyone and after all leveling to 20 does not take too long if you get good groups in the teens.

O

old.Flamin

You can get autotrained points if you use /level.

If you use /level and than train 1point in stealth. Than you use /respec stealth, you'll get 5(?)points. It worked for me anyway.

N

necrofill

Originally posted by Dardamein

* Hey guys lets not play a third of the game!!!!

the first 20 levels aint even close to be a third part of the game :p

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by necrofill
level saves you from the first 20lvls, gods gift tbh :>

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by old.Flamin
You can get autotrained points if you use /level.

If you use /level and than train 1point in stealth. Than you use /respec stealth, you'll get 5(?)points. It worked for me anyway.

Does it keep doing autotrain after that though or just stops there?

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by necrofill

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

Def a third for me but sure it depends on what you include.

H

hercules-df

tried training all points once /level to 20 then respeccing with the free line respec? i seemed to have 5 in slash after i messed up my merc 5 mins after rolling him

S

Sol-

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

u ever got past rr1?

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by Sol-
u ever got past rr1?

Why do you think i have not and why do you wanna know and what does it have to do with what I said?

T

Tualatin

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

So what you are saying is, that lvl 1-20 take aslong as 20-40? or 40-50 +rr10? no way.

/level gets you where the chars start being interesting, within a few xp'd lvls, you really know wether u want this char.. or prefer another. So you don't loose too much when u delete that /level char. Since you already know what the first 20's are. It's mainly about learning XP-tasks, quests.. grouping etc all about such.

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by Tualatin
So what you are saying is, that lvl 1-20 take aslong as 20-40? or 40-50 +rr10? no way.

No that is not what im saying. Just a simple math example not measured in time.

Some people are really fast to pick on sentences here.

If i had said - Hey guys lets not play two fifths of the game - some wiseguy prob would have picked on that too, telling us all that this game is not only 50 levels but RvR and more....

E

Erethan

Originally posted by Tualatin

/level gets you where the chars start being interesting, within a few xp'd lvls, you really know wether u want this char.. or prefer another. So you don't loose too much when u delete that /level char. Since you already know what the first 20's are. It's mainly about learning XP-tasks, quests.. grouping etc all about such.

Being interesting? Then why not make /level to 50! Name another game that use such crap/cheat. I can help you out, NONE.

X

Xeanor

Don't spec anything in the line you want to autotrain.

At 48, put 1 point in the line you want to autotrain and respec it with a stone, youll get all points up to 12 and only payed 2 points for the 1 skill boost to be able to respec it.

W

-Wedge-

You will never 'autotrain' but you can get some free points @ level 20 and level 40...

If you train 1 point in something and do /respec that same thing, then you'll get the needed points for that level... At level 20 thats 5 in that something, and at level 40 its 10...

Got my Merc 50-Slash, 50-DW and 30 Parry that way... (it was powerleveled, so didnt need weaponspec, so I could get some points in slash at 40 (10))...

W

wolfofslaughter

going to try leveling a infiltrater too 8 to get first autotrain point in stelth then doing /level ... then doing /respec stelth since it has a autotrained point in it to see if that works

V

Vim

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

Are you stupid or just stupid? :) Exping from 1 to 20 is like same time as exping from 40 to.. 43-45 max.

And RR10? Can i laugh please.. Have you checked how many RR10 there are? Do you have any idea how actively you must RvR and how often to gain that? And even then it depends loads on your guild

F

Flimgoblin

Imho its a very nice part of the game. Let's you get the feelin for your class, meet new friends and experience features which was not available when you were at that level with yer BIG 50.

Most people have a good feeling for a class already - and a class changes dramatically from 1-20 as it adds in the new abilities (after that it's usually just more powerful versions of old skills) so level 20 gives you a bit more of an idea of what a particular class can do.

Meeting new friends? most people rolling alts are already in a guild from level 1 - they'll not group with people, simply kill task and powerlevel. If they do group they'll get frustrated at how slow it is, and be generally annoying :)

I think it may well have improved levels 1-20 for everyone else ;) no more impatient 50s..

I do know some people who really like the first 20 levels - and fair enough, you don't have to use /level if you don't want to :) (and you'll only have to group with people who don't like /level or don't have a 50 - probably a much more pleasant level 1-20 experience ;))

Q

quinthar

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

Thats not quite true is it

Level 1 - 51 (becasue you can get 10 bubs)
+ 100 Realm Levels (Realm rank 2 Level 1 etc)

= 151 Realm Levels

Wish to be more padantic?

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by Vim
Are you stupid or just stupid? :) Exping from 1 to 20 is like same time as exping from 40 to.. 43-45 max.

And RR10? Can i laugh please.. Have you checked how many RR10 there are? Do you have any idea how actively you must RvR and how often to gain that? And even then it depends loads on your guild

I would be more satisfied if you read all posts before flaming/whining or whatever....

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Erethan
Being interesting? Then why not make /level to 50! Name another game that use such crap/cheat. I can help you out, NONE.
Ok, so other games don't give you a command to skip the first few levels... bearing in mind that to get this command in the first place you have to have levelled at least one character through those 20 levels and got to level 50.

Just be thankful that Mythic protect the game against the use of 3rd Party programs, and that we aren't plagued by combat macroers as other games (ie Asheron's Call) have been!

P

Pin

Oh it isn't?

Level 1 - 50

+ 10 realm ranks

= 60 levels

If you want to use that sad excuse for maths to define 'one third', you might want to notice that level 1-50 is actually 49 levels, and RR1 - RR10 is actually 9 realm ranks.

So, level 1-20 is actually 19/58 of the game.

But errr... really, level 1-20 is 1-2 days to do if you actually play your char, or 1-2 hours if it's PLed :p

W

wolfofslaughter

didn't mean for this thread to turn into a argument o bloody hell lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom