How can they do this lol

Bahumat

FH is my second home
This sounds somewhat familiar...

While Wrath of the Lich King will improve many of World of Warcraft’s existing features, it will also introduce plenty of brand-new ones to keep the game fresh and interesting. One of these new features is sure to suit a wide range of play styles: achievements. These self-contained goals will offer new challenges, satisfy goal-oriented players, allow others to see your accomplishments in World of Warcraft -- and are just plain fun.

World of Warcraft’s achievements system will launch with more than 500 individual achievements covering every aspect of gameplay, including world exploration, PvE, PvP, professions, and character development; from the purely whimsical to the truly epic, there will be something for everyone. Some achievements come with in-game rewards such as tabards, vanity pets, and titles. All of these rewards are purely cosmetic and just for fun, but you’ll certainly stand out when you proudly display them.

And don’t fret about running out of achievements anytime soon. The list is easily expandable, so you can expect additional achievements with each new World of Warcraft content update.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
What a rip off lol

Just shows how scared of WAR they are. Cant blame them really

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
eq2 had acheivements and world firsts long before warhammer was in development

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye. so its definitely not a ripoff from warhammer.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well, every MMO I've ever played has "borrowed" functionality from any other more or less successful MMO.

I would be more surprised if they didn't lift something like that.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt it like saying Warhammer stole Orks and Elves from the original tolkien theme?

I know what you are saying though, does look like they have cast their eye over Warhammer.

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
If you are about to make something great.. A product that is.. Is it not pretty natrual to look at your soroundings? You want the best of the best, therefor you pick the great stuff from world of warcraft, you dig the super stuff from Everquest and you defently take the good stuff from your previous game if you have such a thing.. Theres nothing wrong with that if you want succes, and to be honest it would be pretty hard to make a decent try if you must be 110% orginnally every time...

Unreal does not stop making shooters becasue quake is allready made.. World of warcraft is not gonna pass on a great idea and warhammer has also "stolen" a bunch of great ideas, which is the soul reason why the game is gonna be awsome.. Becasue they know were to pick the good stuff and they are brilliant enough to make up their own great stuff aswell :)

/bertram

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
World of Warcraft’s achievements system will launch with more than 500 individual achievements covering every aspect of gameplay, including world exploration, PvE, PvP, professions, and character development; from the purely whimsical to the truly epic, there will be something for everyone. Some achievements come with in-game rewards such as tabards, vanity pets, and titles. All of these rewards are purely cosmetic and just for fun, but you’ll certainly stand out when you proudly display them.

And don’t fret about running out of achievements anytime soon. The list is easily expandable, so you can expect additional achievements with each new World of Warcraft content update.

Oh this is just too good to be true.

LOTRO is a WoW clone? Oh dear, methinks WoW is now copying LOTRO..yuk yuk :)

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard scared of WAR? Dont think so. And this achievement-system a rip-off? If it is a rip-off, then its stolen from Guildwars. Arenanet introduced this a loooong time ago.

Imo, its ok to get the best of both worlds into one. Rather steal a good idea then try to invent something innovative.

Radi

Fledgling Freddie
Not that its wrong or anything but WoW was pretty much made up of ripped off better bits from all games that were around at the time. Im sure they even said they wanted to get all the best bits from lots of games and stick them all into one single game.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard scared of WAR? Dont think so. And this achievement-system a rip-off? If it is a rip-off, then its stolen from Guildwars. Arenanet introduced this a loooong time ago.

Imo, its ok to get the best of both worlds into one. Rather steal a good idea then try to invent something innovative.

Tbh you can take this back years before GW if you want too, DAoC has a title & reward system for pvp, pve, crafting, epic quests etc and earlier games than this also have similar things.

Thing is, if you look at what is posted and compare it to the lotro system, it just sounds similar and it's somewhat ironic as so many players have always considered lotro the main offender in the "WoW clone" debate :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
guess eq2 stole it from daoc then unless eq1 had it aswell?
in EQ2 every single thing in the game counted as a discovery for the first person on each server to find it ,eat it ,kill it ,make it etc and the first person to find it out of all the servers got it as a world first.

i think i had around 120 server firsts and 30 world firsts, it was really cool how you could track them on the website and there were rankings for the people with the most it certainly encouraged people to explore more than they would if they didnt exist even though there was no actual reward.

DanteTheReaper

Fledgling Freddie
i think blizzard were scared of warhammer until they decided to remove 1/3 of the games content, now blizzard are laughing their asses off. a lot of ppl i speak to in WoW arent going to WAR on account of either their class or their capitol has been removed.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
i think blizzard were scared of warhammer until they decided to remove 1/3 of the games content, now blizzard are laughing their asses off.

Did their pet cat Ivan tell you that?

a lot of ppl i speak to in WoW arent going to WAR on account of either their class or their capitol has been removed.

Oh well. I'm sure there will many more to take their place. :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
i think blizzard were scared of warhammer until they decided to remove 1/3 of the games content, now blizzard are laughing their asses off. a lot of ppl i speak to in WoW arent going to WAR on account of either their class or their capitol has been removed.
all wow-fans are saying this, all beta-testers still see a game of wich wow can be afraid of

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

1/3 of the game? and here i thought it was only 2 city's and 4 classes....

DAMN warhammer must be a small ass game if THAT'S 1/3 of the game!!

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Well its a good thing you're friends are all in your head. But if they aren't, good luck to them as they prepare for instance raid #203203023023

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie

Grrr....

Imo i think there is more people now who knows that WAR aint fucking around with them.. Now people know that the promise about not putting anything "half done" or not 100% into the game was a true promise which they are keeping. In my world that earns respect! I rather have 3 less chars than 3 chars whos not 100%. We all know that Mythic are known for their expansions which allways includes a new char of some sort and they have allready told us that the captitols are gonna be inserted later on. So why all the whines and complains ?

If you wanna cut this down to a very short question to the non-beleivers:

Do you want your game to be 100% perefect or do you want a 60% game? Its that easy... Some people feel they are beeing cheated.. Its the fucking opisite...

PS: 1/3 of the game content?? omg ... Are you drunk ?

/bertram

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Getting back to the OP comments about wow and achievements.

City of Heroes/Villains also has that in their game too, With badge collecting etc. along with veteran rewards.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Lots of other games have achievement system. The thing is that WoW didn't put it in until WAR came along with ToK.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
a lot of ppl i speak to in WoW arent going to WAR on account of either their class or their capitol has been removed.

Thank god for that,i really wish every wow player got scared and stays on WoW so they don't come bother us real players.

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
This sounds somewhat familiar...

World of Warcraft’s achievements system bla bla bla, including world exploration, PvE, PvP, professions, bla bla bla.

bla bla bla update.

WoW=PVE Endgame even if they improve the PVP System their followers are screwed with PVP because they dont know what is PVP and how to act(the 80%) I'm in the conviction cluster, they are after the killing blows not the victory in BG, they dont even try to think "hmm lets pick healer first, then cloth etc) they DO NOT KNOW what M.A. is... they do not defend our healers.. lol
imagine these players to RvR :lol: it's fuckin awsome!! lol FarmAge

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
they could stop 99% of wow players coming here by making the game a 12 and over game but i think the simple controls will be too hard for the WOW players to comprehend anyways :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
they could stop 99% of wow players coming here by making the game a 12 and over game but i think the simple controls will be too hard for the WOW players to comprehend anyways :p

Little n00b: Oh but mommy, all the other kids have WAR and I don't want to be left out at school. Pleeaasseee
Mum: Ok n00b, mommy will buy it for you....then ride dad like a horse!
Little n00b: Huh?
Mum: Nothing dear

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Thank god for that,i really wish every wow player got scared and stays on WoW so they don't come bother us real players.
Quoted for truth :D

I'm not happy about the lack of tanks in Empire zones, and DE Zones. Nor am i happy that my Capital city has been removed (Dwarf). As a Dwarf player, i feel slightly relegated to the 'I'm here too....no really, there's lands outside the Empire' position. They are cutting these from launch, lets hope they eventually make the game anyway after some polish. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but that's easy when my chosen career hasn't been cut from the game.

I've seen some of the features involved in the WoW effort for rewards, it's a poor substitute for whats been promised in the tome, or in fact in other games. Blizzard are very good at copying ideas normally, however this attempt seems somehow laughable. Regardless, if it means people stay on WoW, so be it. It'll mean less servers for WAR naturally, as less players make the migration, but it won't kill the game.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Quoted for truth :D

I'm not happy about the lack of tanks in Empire zones, and DE Zones. Nor am i happy that my Capital city has been removed (Dwarf). As a Dwarf player, i feel slightly relegated to the 'I'm here too....no really, there's lands outside the Empire' position. They are cutting these from launch, lets hope they eventually make the game anyway after some polish. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but that's easy when my chosen career hasn't been cut from the game.

Mythic are going for the most flawless launch thay can achieve, im sure most players would rather wait for their dream class/city to be properly implemented than play a version which the devs are not happy with (and as they seriously consider beta feedback, arguably players woud be/are not happy with them either). Again my mind goes back to the SWG fiasco with half the classes being utterly broken at release :)

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
got to agree, its a shame that they feel tthey need to cut things from the game but i would rather the game come out we made earlier than 1) have the game come out early with poor implimentation or 2) come out in a few years just to finish of a few things that were causing problems

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
What a rip off lol

Just shows how scared of WAR they are. Cant blame them really

No, it just shows how clueless you are.

That whole title/achievement thingy is in games that are out NOW and have been out for a WHILE and no one is making a fuzz about it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Lots of other games have achievement system. The thing is that WoW didn't put it in until WAR came along with ToK.

And you know that because you have written the design document for the latest WoW expansion your self, right?

Even if you are right, who cares? EA is a competitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom