Rant How about a relationship thread?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Well it's been a while :p.

Once again I turn to the freddies for advice.

One thing that's important to me now that I learned the hard way from the past was to always make an effort and do my best to get on with my girlfriend's friends. So far, this has worked very well. I'm generous with them, flexible, polite, listen to their conversations (even when self centered), compliment them, ask them how they're doing etc. I've made new friends through them and I get on with almost all of them very well when we're around each other. Now this only happens if my girlfriend has them round to the flat, or when there is a large social gathering such as a party or a night on the piss; I don't spend extended lengths of time with them.

However, one of her friends is proving to be a big problem. Initially, we got on great, she was actually a tad flirty with me, I was polite as always and we seemed to get on fine. She had a bit of a bad spell with her own boyfriend and ended up getting dumped.

Since around that time, she won't speak to me or look at me. She's been bad mouthing me behind my back to my girlfriend's friends that i'm "weak, clingy and pathetic". Whenever I see her, she ignores me, she won't speak or look at me, even when I speak to her (one word answers usually, or closed responses). She's completely changed. My girlfriend and her social crowd have spoken about it since it is bothering her, and we have also had a row about it since she's [the antagonist] making me feel like a tool infront of everyone. My missus just asked "I don't care if you don't like him, but can you act civil around him please" to which she said "well i'm not going to be fake about it if I don't like him". They fell out about that and haven't really spoken since but we're both going to a party on Saturday which she'll be at and I'm absolutely dreading it to the point that I don't want to go.

I've got no idea what the fuck has caused this and neither do her friends (although, women talk, one of them must know). I've not done or said anything that could have caused this huge amount of resentment, nor spoken ill of her to anyone. Some of the boyfriends of the girls in the group appear can be loud, obnoxious and offensive; and she loves them. So there is no correlation between behaviour of one's self and attitude towards one.

The only thing I can think of is that the honeymoon period of me being "new" to her has worn off, and this is who she really is.

:ninja:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You ever thought that maybe you should, you know...turn gay?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
women logic is fllawed logic.

They'll discover the mysteries of the universe before they discover how a woman's mind works.

old.user4556

You ever thought that maybe you should, you know...turn gay?

It would be easier, especially since my gay friend showed me the Grinder app for his iPhone that allowed him a no strings blowjob within thirty minutes. What an easy life.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
have you considered that perhaps you remind her of the bloke who dumped her in some way? And that the animosity she is showing towards you is simply her way of venting her anger about the breakup? To be honest, it sounds as though your gf has been nothing but supportive on your behalf, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just carry on being very polite to her, don't try to engage her in conversation and she'll get bored of her childish behaviour soon enough.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like you're giving it more thought than it deserves.

"well i'm not going to be fake about it if I don't like him".

That's a total **** thing to say, particularly in response to "can't you be civil". It's the sort of shit that these dribbling retards say with pride on reality TV shows - "I say what I think, I'm just honest" (even if that happens to make you a total fuckwit eh?).

As long as she's not influencing your girlfriend I'd not put much thought in to it - take the moral high ground.

old.user4556

Sounds like you're giving it more thought than it deserves.

That's what my closest mates have been saying.

Tbh, i'm more worried about the friction it's putting my missus under; she's upset that she's taken this stance and also coming to terms that she's losing a friend over it, but at the same time realising she wasn't the friend she hoped she was.

mycenae said:
have you considered that perhaps you remind her of the bloke who dumped her in some way? And that the animosity she is showing towards you is simply her way of venting her anger about the breakup? To be honest, it sounds as though your gf has been nothing but supportive on your behalf, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just carry on being very polite to her, don't try to engage her in conversation and she'll get bored of her childish behaviour soon enough.

That had occured to me, but it doesn't explain her admiration of loutish / laddish / obnoxious behaviour coming from some of the guys.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That had occured to me, but it doesn't explain her admiration of loutish / laddish / obnoxious behaviour coming from some of the guys.

It sounds like this girl is a grade A chavvy moron*. That would explain it.

*From what you've said anyway.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
have you considered that perhaps you remind her of the bloke who dumped her in some way? And that the animosity she is showing towards you is simply her way of venting her anger about the breakup?

what? by that logic I would be allowed to be a total cock to every girl who reminds me of my ex, and so help me I hope that I am not.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to say the same, but mycenae did say "childish behaviour" so it doesn't appear she was excusing it :).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh I'm not attacking Mycenae, it's more that I have little patience for those who behave as she described. think of my statement more as a cri du coeur.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i'll hop on the devils avocado here.

Reasons could very well in what you said, clingy etc. Being nice all the time might seem like you're one of those "ooh please don't hate me!" kind of guys who can be annoyig as...well...women.

Also note; she was a tad flirty.

She wanted you? You didn't go, she's pissed off?

Main thing here;

Why does she have to like you if your GF doesn't have a problem?

You're making it a problem if you pursue it. Let it go.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well this is how I would treat the situation, I'm not saying its the best way but its the best way for me.

If I was you and this was happening I would give it a bit of time, I would still try a little bit. Then after a while I would give her something to not like about me. I would do something or say something horrible or I would just tell her like it is. That way you know what you have done wrong and you can at least relax knowing what it was.

This works for me, it makes me feel better. The problem I do have is I tend to do the above with people who do like me thus making them not like me anymore :D

Hey but at least I aren't being "fake" :D

Edit - I would go the party and do the above, honestly it will be a great night. I can always come up to Tartanshire and do it for you if you want.

russell

FH is my second home
I am a woman and I don't even understand women.:p

Maybe she is attention seeking? It seems like she wants to make a big deal out of it.
If I was your Gfriend that would really annoy me and I would quietly say to my 'friend' ''unless you have a reason -get over it -he is my boyfriend''

The question is why is she aggrivating your Gfriend like this -is she jealous of your close relationship? Does she want you to experience the pain of a split like she has?

Jesus -who knows what her agenda is, but at the end of the day, she is being mean to your Gfriend by causing her grief without apparent reason, so she is a crap friend.

I wouldn't rise to it. Its not YOUR problem. Even if you are the drippiest, clingiest, most spineless man alive -a real friend would be happy that your Gfriend is happy.

Just go out, have a good time and don't you DARE be over- friendly to her when she is being a bitch:)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well it's been a while :p.

Once again I turn to the freddies for advice.

One thing that's important to me now that I learned the hard way from the past was to always make an effort and do my best to get on with my girlfriend's friends. So far, this has worked very well. I'm generous with them, flexible, polite, listen to their conversations (even when self centered), compliment them, ask them how they're doing etc. I've made new friends through them and I get on with almost all of them very well when we're around each other. Now this only happens if my girlfriend has them round to the flat, or when there is a large social gathering such as a party or a night on the piss; I don't spend extended lengths of time with them.

However, one of her friends is proving to be a big problem. Initially, we got on great, she was actually a tad flirty with me, I was polite as always and we seemed to get on fine. She had a bit of a bad spell with her own boyfriend and ended up getting dumped.

Since around that time, she won't speak to me or look at me. She's been bad mouthing me behind my back to my girlfriend's friends that i'm "weak, clingy and pathetic". Whenever I see her, she ignores me, she won't speak or look at me, even when I speak to her (one word answers usually, or closed responses). She's completely changed. My girlfriend and her social crowd have spoken about it since it is bothering her, and we have also had a row about it since she's [the antagonist] making me feel like a tool infront of everyone. My missus just asked "I don't care if you don't like him, but can you act civil around him please" to which she said "well i'm not going to be fake about it if I don't like him". They fell out about that and haven't really spoken since but we're both going to a party on Saturday which she'll be at and I'm absolutely dreading it to the point that I don't want to go.

I've got no idea what the fuck has caused this and neither do her friends (although, women talk, one of them must know). I've not done or said anything that could have caused this huge amount of resentment, nor spoken ill of her to anyone. Some of the boyfriends of the girls in the group appear can be loud, obnoxious and offensive; and she loves them. So there is no correlation between behaviour of one's self and attitude towards one.

The only thing I can think of is that the honeymoon period of me being "new" to her has worn off, and this is who she really is.

:ninja:

So she's seen you for who you really are then? Clever girl!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Has anyone ever tried the tit feel trick ?

A: "I bet you a quid I can feel your tits up without even touching them."

B: "Impossible. I'll take that bet."

A: *fondle breasts until got enough in memory for good wank*

A: "Damn. I lost. Here's a quid."

B: *call childline*

Ooops - not childline !

Chilly

Balls of steel
not supposed to do it on 12 year olds :p

But that's a good one...I might try it if I ever feel like I don't want to have children any more.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
If at first you got on great and she was even flirty with you maybe that's the cause. In the fact that maybe her boyfriend heard about it and ultimately the result was she was dumped.

Now she blames you.

Or she's on the blob, give it a week

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Put the bitch on ignore, go to the party, take your girl home after and fuck her brains out.

But if she isn't into ear sex just fuck her vagina out.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
She's a complete dick and not worth a second of your time, let alone this thread.

If it were me I'd heartily ignore her, and she'd be happy with that too. Win win.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ask her out for a drink so you can talk it over, get her pissed, smash her pasty in and let that be the end of it.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
try meet up with her just the 2 of you with no other friends there, in a neutral place, talk it out, get her drunk and agree to a threesome. Post pics and enjoy

Nate

FH is my second home
As everyone here at FH knows I am the relationship expert(look at my title, I'm here to help you!). Ignore all other posts in this thread and read this one, do it, then wank after job is complete.

Call the girl who's bad mouthing you, tell her you realise she's just jealous of her friend still having a boyfriend after being dumped herself but this is not the way to get in bed with you and your girlfriend..if she wants a threesome she should just come out and say it. Then play TF2 for 24 hours straight telling people you need a teleport here.

Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom