Housing

A

Alrindel

Screenshots from Lum the Mad's "Casa Del Lurikeen" in the Pendragon closed beta.

http://www.brokentoys.org/crib/

Note the communal vault. He says it has permission settings so he can authorize other people to have access to the contents. Guild vaults at last!

No other information is forthcoming for now because it's all still under development and is sekret.

A

Alrindel

Says Lum:
It's the largest house, which on release will probably be waaay more than individuals can afford (although never say never with MMOs) with 4 stories, a basement and a sub-basement annex.

(No, before you ask, prices have not been set yet.)

Each realm gets different houses - the Albion houses look like English manor homes, the Midgard houses look sort of like Norse longhouses. Should be more screens shortly that show those. There's 4 floor plans for each realm.

H

hercules-df

on the other thread there was tal of upkeep cost

this could be the major factor on houses, i mean i dont wanna be llving at posy tanglers or av city just to keep a house alive. When i pay a FUCLOAD of dosh for a stinking shithole, I want to keep it till i type /release house. If they must have upkeep charges either make the hoise change in look to a more delapitated (splelling? who the fuck cares)so it works a bit like consitition losses, the more we refuse to pay or able to pay the more shitty the house looks, faded colours, less clean look maybe? would need extra gfx for each "level" of the house. Id quite like a filthy shed with a big pile of horse muck in the corner, id stik a troll npc on the top.

a screenshots wall would be nice, maybe let us purchase them as frames to be placed on a wall, give us an ftp to upload to (LOL) Of course limit it to 5 pics per user and no more than 1 pic per week uploaded, at least then GAOE could use a shitty old P60 with a 56k diamup modem to host the FTP on.

GIVE TOILETS!!!

R

Rumble

Im looking forward to purchasing a small cottage somewhere and locking the door on the general public.

That way I can roleplay a deranged hermit and shut myself off from the outside world....hang on....this sounds just like the average DaoC player :)

O

old.Zoyster

There is a nice place in Cotswold I have my eye on :D nice views, over the road from the smiths,etc..... Handy Bar I can tie my horse to. Yeah nice.........

L

lairiodd

On the 50 mith thing ... the max you can have on 1 char is 150 plat anyway. Well, you can have more, but if you have more than 150p nobody can give you more money .. you would need to trinket for it or something.

M

moo_work

yeah instead of fixing the game we'll introduce more fluff that has fuck all purpose, i predict 99% empty housing zones after 2 months of release

T

Tesla Monkor

Christ people, stop whining. They're adding something fun that doesn't rely on stats. Enjoy it.

Forget about 'fixing' classes. They'll continue to tinker with it, but it will NEVER be 'fixed'. There will always be something to whine about. ;P

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by moo_work
yeah instead of fixing the game we'll introduce more fluff that has fuck all purpose, i predict 99% empty housing zones after 2 months of release

you are really clueless.... seen what you can add to your house?

i predict that this will be awesome :clap:

R

Rumble

If you read the blurb about the housing prices it appears that they half leaked the prices. When I read the website last night they were quoting 1 plat for the cottage and 3 to 4 plat for the house, there were no prices for the Villa or Mansion.

The prices have now disappeared from the website blurb which leads me to believe that Mythic has just noticed the error and updated the webby.

Housing will cost rent and fixtures/furniture/npc's add to the rent so it might be worth just getting a cottage for cheaper rent with more bits and bobs.

Only downside I can see is suburban legoland complexes springing up so here's hoping the housing zone will actually have some terrain variation to make peoples plots a bit more special.

N

-Nxs-

Im sure....

We are unable to translate housing to all 3 languages
The housing addon would take up too much resources on the already overloaded servers
We do not have the manpower to implement housing

are some of the reasons we could see on our european homepage soon.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Im sure....

We are unable to translate housing to all 3 languages
The housing addon would take up too much resources on the already overloaded servers
We do not have the manpower to implement housing

are some of the reasons we could see on our european homepage soon.

You forgot:

"We are aware of the problem with implementing housing as we told you three weeks ago. We are looking into the problem and are considering on a drawback to 1.49 to fix this problem. Problem is, Mythic has hardcoded a random line into the .txt file and we can't find it. We are now trying the Search command in Windows to solve this ASAP. More updates when they become available."

L

lairiodd

Only downside I can see is suburban legoland complexes springing up so here's hoping the housing zone will actually have some terrain variation to make peoples plots a bit more special.

They have posted the maps of the housing zones:

Hib zone 1

Hib zone 2

There is probably some variation. Though unless they put in a system where you can explore the zones for a few days before people can claim the lots, I guess it'll be like a gold rush

T

Tasans

I already pictured the location of my house. Carlingford - Southern Mainz...

S

StormriderX

Summerhill looks like a nice place to build my mansion :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom