housing

S

snoz

Nice :) player housing adds so much to a game imo .. UO player housing rocked

F

froler-mid

houses.....yay....i can like ...sit inside them...and....chat!

:doh:

O

old.Carnak

UO player housing sucked, in my opinion. It cluttered up the landscape so much, and the prices rose and rose due to there not being any more room.
Mythic have sidestepped this landmine and i cant wait as this really does look good :)

W

<Wels>

Never understood the point with houses, I am with froler on this one. What can you do with your house?

A

Apathy

You can DYE THE WALLS!

OMG...the crotch of my panties is wet now.

a.

C

Carlos Bananos

Sweet.

But the albion house is ugly ;>

H

hrorvaig

Originally posted by &lt;Wels&gt;
Never understood the point with houses, I am with froler on this one. What can you do with your house?

well, from earlier developers posts you can buy crafting merchants, you can have a guildcoffin where you put loot you dont have any need for and any guildmember can pick up...etc etc...im really looking forward to this

R

Roo Stercogburn

Lots of possibilities for housing. Nice start with them looking pretty neat. Even the tincan house looks pretty good. Would have thought the hibby house would look slightly more organic or have finer edges, less tilted-off-symmetrical parts.

Still looks good though.

Wherever I lay my hat...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by hrorvaig

well, from earlier developers posts you can buy crafting merchants, you can have a guildcoffin where you put loot you dont have any need for and any guildmember can pick up...etc etc...im really looking forward to this

A guild coffin? Soulcatcher might find that interesting. *cackles*
:p

N

Novamir

yea wtf is with the steps on the alb one

but housing looks soooo coolies

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

A guild coffin? Soulcatcher might find that interesting. *cackles*
:p

/me beats Sicko over the head with the lead variand of said coffin

behave! :p

oh, and to stay on topic

OMG!@Housing!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

snoz

UO player housing sucked, in my opinion. It cluttered up the landscape so much, and the prices rose and rose due to there not being any more room.
Mythic have sidestepped this landmine and i cant wait as this really does look good

Well i really liked the housing market ... thought it added loads to the game. Yes it sucked that you could never ever buy a castle, but it really gave u somthing to aim at raising the money for your first 2 storey tower. :mad:)

I remember how chuffed i was when i bought a 6 million gold villa just outside a town (forget name, been a long time). My house was my pride and joy in the game and i loved decorating it in rares ;)

A

Alrindel

It would be nice if there was variation in the basic house models that stayed consistent with what has already been established, especially for Hibernia which has three different kinds of architecture - elvish (angular stone buildings), celt (round wooden buildings with thatched roofs) and firbolg (tree houses).

Presumably lurikeen just burrow into the ground like the vermin they are. :flame:

F

Fafnir

Would be nice with some frontier fortified player towns.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Alrindel
Presumably lurikeen just burrow into the ground like the vermin they are. :flame:

No they live in cages with wheels inside them to run on and little tunnels n things :)

O

old.Zarff

remember each realm get 4 diff kinds of houses :)

N

Nightchill

I remember finally quitting UO (from Europa) after spending a few months with a lot of help looking for a house location. We'd wait until a house was about to decay, stealthed, watching it for days, then suddenly 6 or 7 others unstealth and use the uber house-placing scripts to place theirs first :p

It was pretty poor that the real-estate players had a dozen properties to the name and used maybe 1 of them.

T

tris-

opens up all kinds of exploits like if everyone puts their unused items into one big holder, people might start joining guilds just to steal all their stuff.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Well people will just have to get smarter, would you just let anyone you meet into your real life house?

Is it guild housing only or is everyone allowed a house?

G

Generic Poster

I'm sure it started as 'Guild Housing', but now I'm thinking everyone will be allowed one. This doesn't sound too good either:

In order to ensure that we have lots of building lots to cover the anticipated enormous demand for houses, we are creating at least one new zone per Realm. This zone will contain a series of small villages of houses, connected by roads, with stables and horse routes to make navigation easier. We've decided to go with the separate housing zone idea to reduce the impact of having houses litter the landscape of the different Realms. We can expand the housing zones based on player demand for housing.

I doubt they'd add a new zone for Guild Houses, sounds like they will be Player Houses.

It's a waste of time, imo. DAoC doesn't have the same 'community feel' as something like UO. You don't see people hanging around, just trading/talking... everyones desperate to level or RvR.

Player housing will start like dueling... first everyone will be doing it but after two days, it's already old news. Guild Housing would have worked much better, specially if you could set them in existing zones, like Camelot Hills, Druim Ligen... etc.

Make the houses cost BPs, so only active RvR guilds can afford them. That reduces the number of houses and you'll only see 30-40 on most servers. Let Crafters sell their wares through NPC merchants, this keeps the houses populated and saves time for anyone looking for new weapons/armour.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by froler-mid
houses.....yay....i can like ...sit inside them...and....chat!

:doh:

I agree, let's remove everything except the port pad at sauvage, the trainers in camelot and maybe a healer somewhere.
Oh, and you can leave emain in too

O

old.job

I 've always moaned that the towns in DAOC are crap, this is a good way of building up more scenery, an extra zone guys, for free!!!

W

Wend

Originally posted by Generic Poster
DAoC doesn't have the same 'community feel' as something like UO. You don't see people hanging around, just trading/talking... everyones desperate to level or RvR.

Very true! I sometimes miss that about UO. But seems to me that's because of the way DAoC is designed. :) UO is really more immersive and free-form.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Alrindel

I object!! *bangs shoe on desk*

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.tRoG
A lurikeen can lift a shoe?
I called the druid, saw Uncle Sick get a heartattack after he banged his shoe on the desk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom