Housing: A problem with merchants

L

liste

We've bought a villa. In this villa, we have a forge, lathe and alchemy table.

Seing as alchemists need 4 friggin merchants, and the others need only 1, there's a problem.

It's a guild house. We have 3+ alchemists, but only one of them are GM. Is there a way to make it so, that the alchemists can place merchants, remove merchants, without having rank 0, or without giving everyone full rights?

Otherwise, we would have to build a cottage next to the villa, with only alchemists having access, and that would kind of suck :(

O

old.Belorfyn

Check the button called "Access" in the house interface (the inside house one). You can make one of those ranks there (visitor, guest etc) custom rank for your alchemists and give them permission to place merchants. Actually, it might be tied to "interior decorating" setting, I'm not sure. You might have to allow them that and just tell them not to touch the beerbarrels :)
After that, you can probably "/housefriend <alchemist guy> <rank you used>".
Now, since you've probably already added your guildies to housefriends with /housefriend rank etc., I'm not sure how it works. Meaning if the more "allowing" permissions in the personal housefriend rank let them to do it even if the housefriend rank from their guild rank doesn't.. It's worth a try anyways.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if you can use /housefriend <person> <rank> or if you just have to add it with /housefriend <person> and then go to "Friends" button in housing interface to change the rank.

Edit2: Ouch, do they really need four merchants ? I think there was just on with name alchemy merchant ? Perhaps that one has them all instead of the four merchants found in SI crafting spots.

V

vesania

You only need 2 alchemy merchants to cover all supplies, it's just a question of getting the right 2: these are the Bane merchant and the Transmuting one. In the list of hookpoint merchants, they appear as Potion, Tincture & Enchantment....and Poison & Dye merchants.

I have it on authority from Tamron that these two cover his needs.

O

old.Vae

The 4 alchemist merchants are just 2 groups of 2. You only need one of the two sets of 2 to cover all poison, potion, dye, enchantment and tinctures but they are split across the 2 merchants differently in each set of 2 e.g. poision and potion are on 1 guy in 1 set but in other set its poison and dye together.

This is purely in case you are only going to have one alchemist merchant available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom