Houses...

B

Brynn

I logged on a spot - thought it would be funny if i logged back in to be in somones house :p. Didn't work tho

F

Fagane

Originally posted by Asha
Also how stupid? There is nothing to prevent you from taking a camped place.

:(

Actualy you are wrong.

I am not gone post a "bug exploit" here, but it is posible to prevent somebody buying a plot. This only requires an active character on the plot, and having done sertain things. Then as long as that person does not move out of range or logs, it prevents anybody from buying that plot.

This way the price will drop and you are the only one able to buy it.

This got nothing to do with targeting. This bug exploit is I think fixed in 1.64.

Fagane

A

Asha

well you have no way to prove anything is a bot so zzzzzzz

you're still lame and just looking for things to complain about, as usual.

There is hundreds of plots with no one camping them.

S

Sohan_THC

im just gonne buy the slot i want when it is the price is what i had in mind for it.

with or w/o bot next to it , he should have brought it then.

to me it is like normal housing markt , you come and see and if you can pay for it you buy it.

same is you can not stand next to a ferrari till the price is right
and then buy it. so i aint got a clue why it is not like this in mmorpg.

N

NoBrains

I wouldn't, personaly, buy a plot with someone camping on it... There are plenty of plots

I wouldn't like if, even with "the legal right" to do so, someone bught the lot i'm camping... So why do it to others?

S

Skaven

some ppl are camping lots now? rofl, oh dear..

Im not planning on spending more than 1p on buying my lot, and 1p for the deed. All I want is a consignment merchant and somewhere to stick my loot.
Yeah houses may look pretty but tbh unless your a crafter your hardly going to be there. And if something is on my merchant that someone really want's then they're going to put up with the horse ride to wherever my house may be.
As for guild houses I guess thats another matter, would be nice tho if all the guild houses were in one spot all together instead of spread out all over the place, but that'll never happen.

D

daley

You sad, pathetic little children! Your life is so empty that you are prepared to camp a spot and prevent someone with a legitimate reason from claiming a lot of land? (ie they have more money than you).

Anyone camping lots and trying to prevent the market forces from taking precedence should go out and get a life immediately. If people and guilds have spent enough time preparing the amount of money needed to purchase a lot before you, then what right do you have to try and prevent them? It is lazy, small-minded and pathetic.

I dont know about mythic disciplining those who have done this, but I hope that GOA will take that sort of attitude - it would serve you right.

BTW, I am not speaking as someone with a vast fortune to spend on housing, I wont be buying a house for some time yet. When I do though, I wont too bothered about its location or the scenery around it - there are more important and interesting things going on in my life than spending hours online trying to hold on to a spot that is frankly no better or worse than any others around it. (Or come to that, to spend long hours trying to raise enough money to achieve the same end) If this is you, then frankly I pity you - you obviously dont have much going on in your life.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Skaven
would be nice tho if all the guild houses were in one spot all together instead of spread out all over the place
Depends - theres advantages to doing things that way but having guild villages with guild house surrounded by members houses has advantages too.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by daley
You sad, pathetic <long pointless rant snipped>
You do realise theyre camped by bots - chars left logged in setup to spin/spam/whatever to prevent them from being auto-logged out.

Which makes your whole rant a waste of space.

A

Asha

daley you seem a bit errrrr uptight and judgemental well dunno why you play daoc if you think some of the main aspects of it are pathetic

No one is stopping anyone from buying a plot, there is some 600 or more plots available still.

And btw just because a char is on a plot it does not mean that it's bug abuse.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by daley
If this is you, then frankly I pity you - you obviously dont have much going on in your life.

Yes,that it's me :\ I have so much time to waste in my hands I can trash it reading your shit on this forum.

K

kirennia

daley you seem a bit errrrr uptight and judgemental well dunno why you play daoc if you think some of the main aspects of it are pathetic

No one is stopping anyone from buying a plot, there is some 600 or more plots available still.

And btw just because a char is on a plot it does not mean that it's bug abuse.

it's not so much that ash, it's that they make sure that no1else can buy the spot then buy the spot when it is at a very low price whislt people who wanted to buy the house there at the full price can't :( Thus negates mythics original plan of making people pay highly for the best spots. The best spots now go to people who have found a bug in the system. Which is of course a cheat :(

N

NoBrains

Ok, i'm lost which bug you guys talking about?

ppl only moan that they can't select the wood mark but I can always select the woodmark Oo

Is this the bug or there's some other bug? :p

K

kirennia

A different one, I'm not sure exactly how it works though but it completely stops anyonelse from being able to buy the land. Just scoured the landscape and saw 5 or 6 plots with people doing it already : /

D

Draylor

Well - Ive seen various spots camped, but none that I cant buy

If idiots are bug-abusing then you know what to do with Rightnow. Not mention naming names/guilds here so we can all get a laugh too ;)

B

Belomar

I was just in-game and a saw some supposedly "respectable" guilds (in particular one guild that should know better) doing just this, camping a lot. It's not that I have a particular wish to buy that lot (SS has picked out a little more remote location), but I object to it on pure principle.

J

Javai

I even saw one well know guild with what appears to be a bot with surname Thishouseiscamped....(or words to that effect).

Have screenshot to prove it.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Javai
I even saw one well know guild with what appears to be a bot with surname Thishouseiscamped....(or words to that effect).

Yes what a shame :)
Let's call the police.

K

kirennia

tihihi, thats just funny though :D

P

Puppetmistress

well you have no way to prove anything is a bot so zzzzzzz

you're still lame and just looking for things to complain about, as usual.

There is hundreds of plots with no one camping them.

True about last part, but a sorcerer hopping around doing exactly same thing every 10 seconds and then finishing the loop with a cure mezz on himselves, I consider a bot.

Especially if he dont react to PM's, yells or anything. I know playing a sorcerer drives you nuts, but I dont believe you would do that awake :)

I just think its silly U spend 100+ plat on a lot when U can buy one within 2 weeks for about 1 plat.

D

Draylor

Well parts of this thread are discussing bug-abusing to prevent others buying a lot. What your talking about is just a char parked on a house spot with a name requesting people leave it for them/their guild. I cant see anything in GOAs CoC against this - even though it is rather pathetic IMHO ;)

And theres nothing to stop you (or anyone else) ignoring the bot and buying the house regardless.

A

Asha

who the hell cares?

there is nothing wrong with that

you people will whine about anything

F

Flimgoblin

if people want to sit by the house and say "oi we want this house" then that's fair game. People can choose to respect it or ignore it... frankly I'd ignore them if there was no other similarly located free plot of course.

if they're abusing a bug to stop anyone else moving in and buying it report em to RightNow and have their account suspended.

Pretty simple :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
a sorcerer hopping around doing exactly same thing every 10 seconds and then finishing the loop with a cure mezz on himselves, I consider a bot.

well this would be a macro user and a banning offence.

yes, cheating.

J

Javai

who the hell cares?

there is nothing wrong with that

you people will whine about anything

You missed the part where I said it appears to be a bot (ie jumping around in circles), its the not the stupid surname but the cheating part that is wrong.

And do a search of my posts, you won't find many whines.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Fagane
Actualy you are wrong.

I am not gone post a "bug exploit" here, but it is posible to prevent somebody buying a plot. This only requires an active character on the plot, and having done sertain things. Then as long as that person does not move out of range or logs, it prevents anybody from buying that plot.

This way the price will drop and you are the only one able to buy it.

This got nothing to do with targeting. This bug exploit is I think fixed in 1.64.

Fagane

just a point - can you mail the exploit to kemor or zargar? (or report it to RightNow)

O

Ocalinn

Originally posted by Draylor
1. Walk in - entrance near Camelot (just S of main gates)
2. Port from Sauvage - buy neckie and sit on pad (to personal/guild house)
3. From SI - buy scroll (to port to guild/personal house)
4. /release house (after you bind in a guild/personal house)

thats a bit wrong, its South of the east gate which isnt the main gate.. east gate is the 1 near cotswold

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom