House

Vae

Resident Freddy
I don't recall anyone having mentioned this yet but it's so good it needs a mention :)

Channel 5 just finished showing Season 1 but appear to have started repeating it already (the pilot repeat was last Thursday). I was late catching on to it but fortunately was able to obtain all the episodes I missed.

Hugh Laurie is a sarcastic, misanthropic but genius Diagnostician (and also at heart a good guy even if it rarely shows) at a US hospital. The show walks a tight line because the episodes are quite formulaic with some mystery illness each week for him and his team to solve which they only manage in the last few minutes. However it always ends up on the excellent show side of that line managing to avoid becoming stale.

Hugh Laurie is on top form in what i'd say is probably his best role. His character and the humour is what makes the series.

I rarely watch TV but imo House is the best thing on TV atm and everyone really should give it a look.

(Season 2 has just started in the US and is on about episode 4. The US DVD of series 1 is available but the UK DVD isn't).

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
House bounces between the sides of my brain. Logic and reason one minute, and feelings the next. It's all about choices, I think. The program also manages to be very funny and to hit you with the clever stuff sometimes quite subtly. A must-see!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Saw a few epsiodes of this. I did like the bit where they zoom inside someones body to see the disease at work.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
saw two episodes today and I really enjoyed it, but was at a friends house so dont have that channel at home x< hopefully it'll come to "regular" TV soon :)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I was merely making a point about instant gratification.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Don't get me wrong: slow can be good. See Deadwood.

House is just too drab to percevere with for me.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it was a bit too quick :) Or, maybe everything has been so quick for so long, I no longer have any sense of speed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom