Help House phone suggestions...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What phone do you people have at home? I've had a normal phone and a phone plugged into my Livebox for outgoing calls but Orange have told me that they're scrapping that and all my unlimited outgoing calls will go through my normal landline phone instead. The current "incoming" phone is a bit crap and can only store 30 numbers and the outgoing one is only one handset and isn't really very good for range.

So I'm looking for something with 2 or 3 handsets, with good range (important) and a good sized memory for numbers (important), usual stuff that is useful (speaker phone, offline answer machine, um... intercom...). Any ideas?

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
What's a house phone? Is that what you call your mobile when indoors?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's what you call your phone when you live beyond the sticks and have no mobile reception at home.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have a Panasonic at home and work, and so do all of my mates it seems. Tesco do a good range of them if you have a larger store near by, or Amazon. they do them in packs of 2 & 3 handsets

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have one of these. It wasn't cheap but it looks quite nice, I've had it for about 15 years. Sound quality is excellent. I've no idea how to store numbers on it.

Attachments

• beocom1600.jpg
    beocom1600.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 33

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
img_5597.jpg

is this what you mean??

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have one of these. It wasn't cheap but it looks quite nice, I've had it for about 15 years. Sound quality is excellent. I've no idea how to store numbers on it.
I fear the range might be a bit limited if it's physically attached to the base unit. :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have a Panasonic dect phone, it makes phone calls (when it has a charge) and everything.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How come you don't like yours @dysfunction we've got one indoors and I really like it.

I don't like it because it doesn't show the full number of a missed call. You have to push all sorts of buttons to get the number.

You can't dial from the handset which I didn't think of when I got it. Annoying if you are upstairs.

People say the sound is very low ie they can't hear me very well.

I push the off button by mistake quite often while handling the phone.

I don't think its all that user friendly.

I secretly wish it will die so I can get a regular Panasonic dect phone set.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah, the missed call thing I've not noticed as I didn't bother signing up for caller id.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Cant you just change mobile phone supplier to one with reception?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom