HOuse patch delays

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by old.Vae
Of course you making the assumption as usual that all the problems are GoA's fault and that Mythic supplies all the right patch files...

I noticed that as well... :sleeping:
I won't go into details, but just take it from one of those testers: it isn't all GOA's fault :p

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Feac_
i have no problems on US servers no lag & dispite what they say on VN boards the csr's are great and sort problems out very quick if you get any.

MUUHHAAAA yeah but we dont get CSR's.. we get sometimeifyaluckyandnotdeadyet....

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
(although the recent hacking aftermath seems to have slowed RightNow RightDown - not had any reason to use it recently though so can't say how the response time is at the moment)

Response time seemed fine to me. Reported a quest issue last Saturday afternoon, it was fixed on Monday.

O

old.Tohtori

What? Something in game industry delayed?

Noooooo..

*5 minutes later*

...ooooo..really?

N

-Nuked-

housing will be good for like .. a week! couldnt care tbh, this game is done.

B

bunes

Well I have been waiting for a house since we start playing on day one if the frogys dont get them working I for one will move to another game. this is their last chance in my books.

W

Whoodoo_RD

I am sure that if we all went back thru the BW archives, we would all find threads saying "Id like more player built things, like houses and horses and stuffs", where lots of people (including some of the people now here whinging) said they would love to have something they can personalise.

Well here it is, and its free, whats the problem?

If you dont want a house, then dont have one, when others are happily sitting in their armchairs in front of their fires knitting new armour, and youre out in the rain and cold, dont come asking for a little shelter.

Seriously tho, if you dont have anything good to say about foundations, then just dont use it or download it, its your choice. I think its nice we finally get a place in game to call our own work. Theres a lot of fine features that I think everyone will find useful, whether its forges, merhcants, portals or whatever.

Originally posted by Pin
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
"You can have a merchant placed outside your house which u can use to sell goods you have captured or made thus increasing your wealth ten fold if your a good item hunter"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That requires that the buyer and seller both be there at the same time.

I think you will find m8, that this NCP is just like any merchant, you give him items and set a price and then ppl can buy stuff from him. You dont have to be there at all. Correct me someone if i am wrong :)

Yes perhaps new RvR sections are needed, or tbh they should make emain less attractive and push people more toward the other 2 frontiers more, but its not the games fault everyone goes to emain, its the players. We have 16 maps worth of frontiers atm, yuo really think any more will make a difference? Doubtful or if it does, short lived.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
I think you will find m8, that this NCP is just like any merchant, you give him items and set a price and then ppl can buy stuff from him. You dont have to be there at all. Correct me someone if i am wrong :)

yep that correct next time you log on and check your merchant if anyone has bought any of your goods they will be a amount of gold/plat that you can withdraw or leave on your merchant and if not enough cash in your lock box for rent it will check your merchant.

nice to log off at night log in next day and find 10 plat in your merchant :))

S

Shike

for those that say, its fluff and not needed etc...

check the amount of people playing on the server, say its 2000 peaktime, then go look how many that are RVRing, say its 400 overall.

that would make 20% of the serverpopulation, 80% that is doing something else than RVR, then think again. Which is the majority? And who does Mythic care about more?

PVE/Fluff in DAoC is here to stay, and loads of people love it, Mythic knows it and ofc they take care of them. I think carebears make a large percentage of the population. Just because they doesnt bother to post here or somewhere else it doesnt mean they dont exist.

I prefer both PVE and RVR, and look forward to Foundations and TOA aswell as Frontiers. If I only enjoyed the RVRpart I would go play something else since DAoC is lacking alot that is reasonable to ask for such as balance and content.

just my 2€

N

ning

I think GOA only translate the patchs then they send the translated text file to Mythic who make the program that they send for GOA servers.
IMO, atm Mythic is focusing on TOA and absolutly don't care about European players (and don't want to fix bugs like sound bug for example).
I think it's good for Mythic that there is a lag between GOA version and their version because GOA would be a competitor on the english DAOC market without the lag patch, isn't it ?

Well, it's just my opinion.

B

Bellona

Originally posted by charmsdark

Tbh I don't think Mythic should've franchised the UK servers at all to start with. I think they should've done it themselves as there then wouldn't have been any problems with waiting for patches etc. due to the need of stuff being translated.
Cos obviously (judging by the amount of UK ppl who play on the US servers) there aren't any problems with lag or such from the US to the UK. Only problem I can see is the time difference. Tho' if they were servers dedicated to the UK (in the way the ones GOA are running) they'd most likely be populated by Europeans, at which point the time difference wouldn't be an issue.

With that solution, im sure you would find alot of french and german players on the "english" servers, why would they wait month after month for a patch when they could just play on the english servers and not being bothered with time difference.

O

old.Vae

Wrong Ning.

Mythic supplies patch files to Goa (hopefully all of them and that they are the right ones) which are then translated and tested.

N

ning

Originally posted by old.Vae
Wrong Ning.

Mythic supplies patch files to Goa (hopefully all of them and that they are the right ones) which are then translated and tested.

between the translation and the test, you need to build the program. And I really think it's the Mythic's job.
Moreover, according to what I have read, Mythic make an Internationnal version (GOA but also Korean version and Italian version) and an US one. That's why there are bugs in european english version that don't exist in US version.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

I think you will find m8, that I know this but you mis-read what I said and mis-quoted my response to Madonion Slicer ;)

N

)nick(

I doubt goa will have any of the sourcecode. The various language templates should just be stored in the database(s). Imagine having to recompile a module, bring down the server, roll out the new version each time you find a spelling mistake in the text.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
Response time seemed fine to me. Reported a quest issue last Saturday afternoon, it was fixed on Monday.

cool :) guess things are getting back to normal :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by -nicolas-
I doubt goa will have any of the sourcecode. The various language templates should just be stored in the database(s). Imagine having to recompile a module, bring down the server, roll out the new version each time you find a spelling mistake in the text.

I expect they do it in batches, once or twice daily ;)

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Pin
That requires that the buyer and seller both be there at the same time.

It's an increase in content. It's mostly fluff. It's an increase in fun for a lot of people. That's what the game is about.

Maybe they should have just spent their time deleting all the stuff that you don't use instead. Reduce the game down to Avalon City, Caer Diogel and Emain Macha. That would no doubt get rid of a lot of bugs. A much better use of development time imo :rolleyes:

Ah Pin you crack me up nice post

N

ning

Foundation :

The tests and fixes are still going strong on the test server. With the very soon arrival of Trials of Atlantis in the United States, Mythic is focusing their resources to be ready for the launch date, which is slowing down the answer time for our own needs.
An open beta stage is still planned, if everything goes as planned, we should open Gorre for a French open beta this coming Monday or Tuesday.
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1430

It's what I said, Mythic really don't care about the European players and GOA can't do anything if Mythic don't give the files.

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by Bellona
With that solution, im sure you would find alot of french and german players on the "english" servers, why would they wait month after month for a patch when they could just play on the english servers and not being bothered with time difference.
Yeah, most likely. Wouldn't really be any different from the current situation (as there are french and german ppl on the english servers atm), apart from better customer service and no "lag" in patches and expansions and stuff.

L

longshot

Originally posted by ning

It's what I said, Mythic really don't care about the European players and GOA can't do anything if Mythic don't give the files.

Doesn't come as a surprise to me since this is what we see with every -US- made MMORPG, translated or not. As an example, SOE didn't even give a date for the European SWG launch until months after the US launch and oh... don't even get me started on Shadowbane :lol:

Then again, it makes sense since Mythic doesn't want to upset the people playing on the US servers by slowing down their response time -and- if GOA coming to a grinding halt because of that can make some people buy the US version and jump to the US servers, then who wins? Mythic of course... more copies sold... especially since the person needs 2x copies to get the buffbot going as well.

Of course, all this assumes that GOA is being honest and not pointing a finger at Mythic just to cover their rear ends... so who really knows for sure?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by ning

not so sure they don't care - just they have two things pulling at them - getting ToA out the door for the big release date and helping GoA get foundations out finally...

Unfortunately for us, for Mythic there's a lot more relying on the first than the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom