Horror/monster movies

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
poltergeist.jpg

Is that from Poltergeist? looks familiar...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Apparently "the set was cursed" - a load of actors died in the making of the movies

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently "the set was cursed" - a load of actors died in the making of the movies

aren't they old wives tales though? they said similar with Exorcist but I met a guy who worked on it and said it was the PR company just getting people interested in it

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
yep - probably a load of bollocks...but you know what they say: never curse a curse or the curse will backfire and you'll be cursed with a curse far greater than the curse that killed the people in the original curse

:ninja:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
actually on the exorcist, one of the blokes who died on the film did die irl during the making of the film. i believe one of the sets also burned down.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
actually on the exorcist, one of the blokes who died on the film did die irl during the making of the film. i believe one of the sets also burned down.

I was reading Empire Magazine a long time ago that said some sets had been set on fire by people against the making of the film.

Still... I wouldn't walk under a ladder or step over a black cat :p

tris-

im always tempted to watch the exorcist again but it scares the living shit out of me everytime. :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Both Poltergeist & Exorcist are good movies

Since they came out they've been ripped off more times than Katie Price's panties

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I think it was poltergeist 4, the one in the sky scraper with the puddle in the carpark, scared the utter shit out of me as a child

I still say roughly 13 year old is the best age to watch a horror

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think it was poltergeist 4, the one in the sky scraper with the puddle in the carpark, scared the utter shit out of me as a child

thats the third one :) there was only 3 movies and the tv series (but the tv series wasnt related in any way to the movies I dont think and was quite crap) the movies however are/were made of win for the time they were made.

They may have done a 4th movie who knows, the child that played carolann (spelling?) died irl however her organs shut down.

tris-

my first horror was nightmare on elm street at about 8 yrs old, then i watched the exorcist with my dad when i was 10-11. i was also in to ouija boards and all kinds of shit at school, fucked me up good and proper at the time!

one particular thing we did was to try summon someone in to a pack of cards and ask questions. black meant yes and red meant no. obviously lookign back its as bull shit as tarrot reading but it used to freak us all out. wed be trying to ask this imaginary being if theyd leave and get 10 red cards in a row. we also had some kind of weird chant that apparently would get rid of demons and shit.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

I can definitely remember being scared by movies when I was that age

Certainly the older you get & the more cynical & sceptical you get & the more cookie-cut recycled same-old "horror" movies you end up watching, you either become numbed, immune or just plain unaffected by the dross being released these days

I've seen movies in the last 20 years that have literally kept me on the edge of the movie seat (tenseness), but none that have actually freaked me out as they might have done when I was 13 or 14

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
not even the exorcist?

The Exorcist was quite scary - but I didn't enjoy it as much as The Omen...but then again I'd sooner watch a movie involving the Devil rather than one about someone possessed. Not much difference, but I'm a fan of the Satanic supernatural rather than the whole shaking-bodies thing.

Anyway, back on point...the Exorcist was a 1973 movie, The Omen was made 3 years after in 1976. Since then, horrors have either gone all out on gore (which doesn't interest me) or lack any real atmosphere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom