Horrible hangover.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So what toi do?

Hair of the dog, pasta carbonara and a movie, maybe out later :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Marmite on toast and a mug of Yorkshire tea, 2 sugars.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nah, - Cheese + Bean Toastie, with a blend of Yorkshire tea and Earl Gray tea, Two sugars. Is The One.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i woke up next to two female units, so it wasn't as horrible :p

Noi idea how i landed them, but remember taking them home :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well i woke up next to two female units, so it wasn't as horrible :p

Noi idea how i landed them, but remember taking them home :D

Well done! So, how did you talk them into it, or did they talk YOU into it? xD

Oh, for the sake of getting better. Puke, rest, drink and eat.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So what toi do?

Hair of the dog, pasta carbonara and a movie, maybe out later :p

Sensible option:
Plenty of water & an early night

The option we all know you're going to do:
Pop some headache pills, eat some comfort food, relax in front of the TV, back on the booze tonight, another hangover tomorrow

:)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well done! So, how did you talk them into it, or did they talk YOU into it? xD

Oh, for the sake of getting better. Puke, rest, drink and eat.

That's the thing, i don't know :D

I was completely wasted for a portion of the night, but i did something right i think.

Sensible option:
Plenty of water & an early night

The option we all know you're going to do:
Pop some headache pills, eat some comfort food, relax in front of the TV, back on the booze tonight, another hangover tomorrow

:)

Yes, sensibi8lity is a bit over-rated ;)

Getting the dog hairs now and watching "best of joker ala ledger".

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle's, works for me

Cyradix

FH is my second home
shameless copy/paste :
(I swear by vitamin C myself)

A hangover is Nature's way of reminding you that alcohol is not good for your body. Having said that, there are some substances that will reduce the damage or lessen the discomfort.

1. Water
It isn't so much the alcohol that causes a hangover as some of the chemicals the alcohol is metabolized into, such as acetaldehyde. It takes water to detoxify alcohol, so the more water you drink the less dehydrated you will become and the less severe or longlasting the hangover will be.

2. Aspirin
Aspirin brings pain relief and reduces inflammation of irritated tissues, which helps address one of the causes of the pain. Powders work most quickly, but buffered aspirin may cause less stomach upset.

3. B Vitamin Complex
B vitamins are needed to help the body cope with stress, including physical stress from exposure to ethanol, its metabolites, methanol (found in red wine and cognac), and sulfites (used to preserve many beverages).

4. Cysteine
Cysteine is an amino acid that directly counteracts the negative effects of acetaldehyde. Cysteine is the primary component of the chemical glutathione, which is quickly used up in the detoxification process. Eggs are rich in cysteine, so there may be some benefit to the 'raw egg' remedy.

5. Vitamin C
Detoxifying alcohol and its metabolites leaves free radicals floating around in the body. Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant, so having enough available will help minimize tissue damage and hangover discomfort. Alcohol also depresses the immune system, so consider taking vitamin C to help ward off the cold or flu after drinking.

6. Sports Drink
Fruit juice or an electrolyte sports drink (e.g., Gatorade) may be even better than water at rehydrating your body and replacing lost minerals. The carbohydrates (sugar) will help restore normal blood sugar levels. Blood sugar tends to drop in response to alcohol, leaving the drinker hypoglycemic.

7. Bouillon Broth
A soup made from bouillon replaces water, electrolytes, and also some nutrients. It may help settle your stomach, too! If you can handle a soup with meat and veggies, the extra nutrients can give you a boost.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Toht, what's the point of drinking so much you can barely remember what you were doing, and then brag about it?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht, what's the point of drinking so much you can barely remember what you were doing, and then brag about it?

Who's bragging? But if you want a point, well i guess outing aholes like you is a good goal :p

On a slightly more serious point; it's fun.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Guaranteed cure for hangover = sex :sex:

Actually I find it pretty much cures anything :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hungover sex never helped me, though I must say my ex was dead keen on it :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you could say she's dead to me, so you are partially correct dude :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom