Horizons

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
not bad...it has potential but at the moment its a little unfinished. feels like its still in beta.

They need to streamline their engine also, the strain and memory leaks on it are horrendous. Still, these are things that can be refined, the actual gamplay in it looks quite good.

Luribomb

Fledgling Freddie
I played beta, and the servers back then were horrible. The crafting system is very nice though, you cant just buy a house like you would in daoc, you need to actually craft it :) The more you go on resource hunting, the better you become etc...

Overall its nice, but I wont change from daoc :)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Also playing Horizons atm.

I like the crafting system a lot since it doesn't cost you money to get materials but you have to find them yourself.

The combat system is a bit dull in the beginning but once you've gained a few levels you start getting some nice abilities and access to higher spells and it get's fun to kill mobs.

Luribomb

Fledgling Freddie
Have you played bow classes yet, like the ranger? I know it was so damn bugged in beta, want to know if they finally fixed it :)

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Luribomb said:
Have you played bow classes yet, like the ranger? I know it was so damn bugged in beta, want to know if they finally fixed it :)

im working on it ;)

its irritating the lack of information going around at the moment..im not sure what armour my ranger lad will be able to wear heh

give archer info/tips! :p

Luribomb

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't wear armor really, it was expensive.

*oh those good old days*

Ahem, well, get a sword too, so you can melee when they are in range instead of your bow.

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
my start to horizons is a invalid cd-key, great :(
i await an email from support to fix it...sigh

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
I was browsing the shelves at GAME yesterday when I noticed a copy of Horizons - I hadn't even realised it had gone live. I picked up a copy as I like to try out all the new MMORPGs. Haven't played much yet but the interface seems a bit sluggish and my character seems to be pretty jumpy, particularly when running.

The Europe/US server issue seems a bit clunky - when I launch the game it takes me to the US version, but my account appears to be a European one.

Does anyone know of any forums for Horizons - there don't appear to be any official ones?

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys. I've had a pootle over to tazoon.com and it looks quite nice (I never really liked VN boards much).

I'd kind of worked out how to get to the EU game (I've got a favourite for it) but, as I say, it's very clunky. I'm pretty sure many people would get caught out trying to create/log on to the US version without realising they should be going to EU and it doesn't even tell you how to correct this in the manual (though it does tell you to go to the EU pages for account set-up). It all seems a bit sloppy, really.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
It looks like www.tazoon.com is the real centre of the Horizons comminity. Anyone trying out the game would do well to look at their FAQ, guides and forums, especially if you found the game manual as useful as a chocolate teapot

A

Ares

I played Horizons for almost 2 months, but got annoyed by the 'bugs' and the fact that the world is so totaly empty, you can run around for hours exploring without any mobs whatsoever.. sigh, they prommised so much on there site, but the crafting is nothing like advertised, everyone looks the same, only bigger or smaller considering the race you have.
Also much classes (Battlewizzard for example) are kinda broken, some things are nice but for example the mining of 2e tier stuff (slate etc.) where it is difficult to find a good field anywhere near a place to proces the stuff, can be mined empty in 20 minutes or less by just 2 players, and takes forever to respawn..
The fact that you need stuff from life and moving mobs is funny at first but gets screamingly frustrating after a while because in there 'uber' wishdom they also made them the most easy to kill mobs with very good xp.. so there go your resources killed off by another group, who scream at you later they want uber leet tier 2 spells (you cant make because the destroy your resources everytime).. i have given up on this game, account runs trough till march.. so i keep an eye on it, but dont have much hope anymore.. :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
ive been playing since release of the game yes its got some bugs but all the major ones have been ironed out and its shaping up to be a pretty good game.

lots of events/quests and adult dragons are now ingame did my quest today (took 2 days) and im now soaring the skys.

if you like fantasy and pve this is a great game

Aada

Part of the furniture
can you host them? if so il send em u

Scrote

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing for a couple of weeks. Can't say I'll stay for longer than the free month period.

It's not exactly interesting.

Quest system is along lines of...erm non-existant unless you are a dragon (dragons need to do these quests to mature). Any other race just gets things like Kill 30 Flame beetles. Mind you from what I've seen it's the same for the dragons too.

It's boring, boring, boring.
The only thing good about it is the crafting/trading system.

Apart from that the level grind is absolutley dull, dull, dull.

You can wander about the vast landscapes for ages and see no mobs or any other players.

A huge city called Tazoon has about 20/30 NPC's in it, but because of the size, it looks like it's deserted, there's nothing interesting about the back story.

But saying that, I have only played it for 2 weeks, and thus, these are my observations during that period. You know what they say though? First impressions last.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well my advise is join a decent guild not just any old nubby guild thats just gonna basicly ignore you.

Ive been playing since release 12/12/03 and i can say im not even the slightest bored yet.

I always laugh when i see people moaning about the lvl grind get over it, its what MMORPGS are about.

You want everything served up on a plate?.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Back up Aada's post... its a great game if your a community player.. if your not community focused it will suck a lot.

Been playing since release great game ... taking a break though at the moment due to the stupid disease thats rampant (or was not checked to see if its gone yet)... will probably return in next few weeks once i kicked my X2 addiction :)

Just it is VERY empty, the servers are seriously under populated, also you almost have to craft to survive ... so if you dont like crafting then probably avoid...

All in all its a game that fills a niche and does it well in crafting and community but in other areas is really let down... My own gripe is that every mob in the game can be outrun... at level 15 in effect nothing can kill you as you can survive the first hit and then sprint away :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom