Horizon: Zero Dawn

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks pretty damn good, PS4 exclusive (I think, could be wrong)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bought it and really enjoying it so far, recommended to anyone looking for something new.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cumming in my pants. Loving the game. Great visuals and good story with some good fight mechanics. After 4 hours played.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
From the descripions, it's an open world RPG. How does it compare to games like the witcher or Assassin's Creed? (OK, I know AC isn't really RPG, but they're my favourite open world games)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I absolutely love the Witcher. This is very different and not nearly as detailed, but it's absolutely brilliant and the enemies are diverse enough to make each fight newly enjoyable.

I'm not disappointed having paid 42 quid on release day.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I haven't played The Witcher 3 personally but those who have basically say it's like "The Witchers little sister" so much so the devs behind The Witcher games posted this

asdasdasdada.png

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Level 13 now. Still lots of fun and going back collecting bits i bought maps from a merchant for that i missed.

Didnt realise that u can destroy grazer models in the embrace and theres an achievement for it

Played the witcher 3 and need to go back to it. Definately along the same lines with mobs having weaker points to discover and attack etc. Lots of quests. Probably not quite as in depth as w3 but still a great game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've been balls deep in it tbh, level 26 now and still enjoying it.

I didn't know that either

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well lets see. I have been one shotting humans with an arrow to the head.

The story is great if you listen to the dialogue. I havent come across huge amount of cut scenes once you get through the tutorials.

The combat is fun and you have to be more strategic as you get through the game to harder enemies.

And there will be people who dislike games, whatever they are about. Glad you sold your ps4 cause it means i dont have to have you on my friends list.

Witcher 3 is more a pc game than a console game lol.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I was never on your friends list. I only invite elites.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's tough up'top granted.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What trump says all the time dude. You and him bffs

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No idea what the geordie reviewer is talking about, I haven't encountered any of the things he's talking about. I rarely play open world games like this and I'm loving it, it's been Playstations biggest launch ever and Guerilla have reported record sales, can't say it's bad really.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lvl 17 now. Just done my first cauldron. First time at the boss got my arse whipped. But worked it out with a web of explosion wires.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tViQ4xTSaJo&t=0s

Whatever reinforces your belief system :)

I'm with the majority on this one... it's an excellent, well optimised game and one that I wouldn't want to miss because of my PC version of religious zealotry.

Meh, if you are happy with it then great. Generally I am not that happy with many modern games, the amount of hand holding is insane, to the point where it actually gets in the way of gaming. Why they feel the need to tell you where to shoot, where the mobs are, where they are going etc is beyond me. It used to be that you had to figure that out for yourself...back when gaming was fun. It's not just a console thing, its infiltrated PC gaming too.

These days everything is flashing if it needs to be shot...they might as well just place big arrows saying "shoot here" and put you on rails.

Also the whole dodge mechanic needs to foad. Press button to roll out the way of all danger...go away.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Meh, if you are happy with it then great. Generally I am not that happy with many modern games, the amount of hand holding is insane, to the point where it actually gets in the way of gaming. Why they feel the need to tell you where to shoot, where the mobs are, where they are going etc is beyond me. It used to be that you had to figure that out for yourself...back when gaming was fun. It's not just a console thing, its infiltrated PC gaming too.

These days everything is flashing if it needs to be shot...they might as well just place big arrows saying "shoot here" and put you on rails.

Also the whole dodge mechanic needs to foad. Press button to roll out the way of all danger...go away.

To be honest I absolutely agree with everything you've said. Whilst this is very true for Horizon as well, the higher difficulties and enemy variety still present a decent challenge.

But in general, I'm also unhappy with how games aren't simply satisfied with a tutorial, they also have to force feed you hints at every opportunity. And without any option to disable them (fucking Batman games).

Sadly one of the worst examples of dodge-win was Witcher 3. My only gripe with an otherwise flawless game.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
With horizon you have the option for seeing the tutorials for each weapon as you get them or just work it out yourself. I havent done any tutorial in the game thats been optional.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
With horizon you have the option for seeing the tutorials for each weapon as you get them or just work it out yourself. I havent done any tutorial in the game thats been optional.

I skipped the weapons ones (except maybe one weapon?) the exp looked nice for the tutorials but I just thought it'd be more fun figuring it out myself.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i didnt use the trip caster till i was balls deep in the first sawtooth. Worked put how to us it quick enough to win lol

leggy

Probably Scottish
Those are just the weapon tutorials. That 'magicscan' thing is what I was referring to - here are all the weak points [please shoot here].

I mean I could simply avoid the scan (it's slow anyway) but I'd like something left to the imagination.

It's all picky shit though. The game is still good.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i got that. It shows u which bits are weak. Sometimes its another thing hitting them. Then also you have to work out if its fire or shock or penetration the mob is weak to after that.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just invested skillpoints into making the 'tame' skill last forever, it's quite fun taming Ravagers etc and making them fight :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Just finished it and it was one of best games for a long time, Cant argue if people just dont like it but there is no way it can be classed as over hyped or poorly made

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lvl 23 now just killed zaid or whatever his name is nice side quest story. Still loving the game.

Tbh all open world games usually have some sort of repetition as its impossible to make such a big environment with unique mobs all the way through.

But this keeps it fresh with the stories in between in my opinion.

You got a strat for those glint birds. They are a pita and am just running from them atm as it is too much hastle to kill them. Cheers

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I just slowed time and shot them with the armour piercing arrows in their chest until the armour fell off then shot them in chest again and they normally take lots of damage and sometimes Freeze and fall from sky
The other way is to use a ropecaster and hit them few times and they fall to ground where you can crit them with spear

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom