Horde camping SM

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a whine thread really ;)

Why do Horde feel it necessary to camp the instance entrances in SM? You come out of an instance ready to move to the next door and before you even load up your dead.

OK fair enough, its a PVP server, but choosing an area that is already buggy/laggy to gank people before they even know someone is attacking them is just lame. Surely this could be considered bug abuse? Being able to kill with impunity?

On the other foot it is Blizzards fault for not introducing some kind of immunity timer when zoning etc.

Ok whine over, and yes i'd like some cheese with that!

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
Bit of a whine thread really ;)

Why do Horde feel it necessary to camp the instance entrances in SM? You come out of an instance ready to move to the next door and before you even load up your dead.

OK fair enough, its a PVP server, but choosing an area that is already buggy/laggy to gank people before they even know someone is attacking them is just lame. Surely this could be considered bug abuse? Being able to kill with impunity?

On the other foot it is Blizzards fault for not introducing some kind of immunity timer when zoning etc.

Ok whine over, and yes i'd like some cheese with that!
Horde doesn't "camp" there just to "gank people". They are standing there looking for groups.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Groborthir said:
Horde doesn't "camp" there just to "gank people". They are standing there looking for groups.

what a load of 'tosh' why would lvl 60 horde be standing there LFG ?

_and_ they were doing it weeks ago when i first did the instance

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Alliance were camping the entrance to ZF last week. We were dead before we took 2 steps. So what?
It's not "Horde" or "Alliance" that's doing the camping and ganking, it's the players behind the char....

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
when i was lvl 38 gunz farmed sm for me

he was 60 and waiting for me, so in a sense lfg.

tirisfal glades is a horde zone,no matter what level an alliance is, if you feel you have the right to be there, feel the right to be killed..

pig

Fledgling Freddie
i must have died about 20 times leaving instances, and even more trying to get INTO the the portal room in Maraudon...

A guild on Dragonmaw likes to camp that area and kill everyone who gets close. with Alli hunters somehow exploiting los to shoot thru walls and balconys...

shit happens... cant wait for BG, the stupidity of some alliance players will only make getting my epic Shaman armour easyer :p

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I think its fun with the horde waiting outside SM.

Have to run a gauntlet when you finish one instance and have to go into the next one.

Also if you die you can just ressurect the other side of the door, no need for a key

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
tirisfal glades is a horde zone,no matter what level an alliance is, if you feel you have the right to be there, feel the right to be killed..

Thats not what i'm talking about, ofc its a Horde zone and in the open field there would be no problem. Its when you just leave an instance and your dead before you even get off the loading screen..

SM has been bugged for weeks for us, the instance server has been up and down, the doorways get broken and we all get teleported back to our hearthstones (which is another 20 min run from Southshore). Once I got stuck in some world between worlds, all i could see was sky, just because of a bit of lag leaving an instance.

So last night we FINALLY (after a week of trying) get in and everything is working fine! So the same level 60 Undead mage, along with a few friends is running round the entrance spamming AoE's on anyone that pops at an instance entrance. We ran through the library in about 20 mins and he was still there when we left to do the armory. Thats why I was a bit cheesed off..

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Usually not many lvl 45+ outside SM on Stormscale at least.. and Horde are using that area to build groups. And you get easily bored waiting :> That's why at least I'm usually ganks all alliance I see there :) (Or trying to with my Rogue)

And it happens a few level 60 are helping guildmates with SM, perhaps waiting for someone etc etc.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
k9awya said:
when i was lvl 38 gunz farmed sm for me

he was 60 and waiting for me, so in a sense lfg.

that was fun wasn't it? :D

well speaking of "horde" camping SM, there were a lot of lvl 60 alliance players there too (dead after a while :|) so it's not always a case of horde camping sm.

in response to the thread poster:

well electing to play on a pvp server means that you want... yes you guessed it... pvp

in some cases (mine too) there are those that enjoy griefing and what better way to grief than camp an instance. this saves time as there usually is only one entrance to an instance and that will be the one way the opposing faction will be coming through.

it's just like the old argument: why did xxx kill me? i never did anything to him/her/it !!

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Brynn said:
I think its fun with the horde waiting outside SM.

Have to run a gauntlet when you finish one instance and have to go into the next one.

Also if you die you can just ressurect the other side of the door, no need for a key

in most cases you still need a key

doors/gates within the instance itself that need to be unlocked in order to progress

think of all the possible exploits if you didn't need a key as you could rezz inside :(

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
I heard the alliance is camping Ironforge AH. Lvl 60s, just stnding there waiting to gank someone. Is it true? :eek:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:
in most cases you still need a key

doors/gates within the instance itself that need to be unlocked in order to progress

think of all the possible exploits if you didn't need a key as you could rezz inside :(

get a semi-decent rogue and you dont need any keys

or an engineer with Seforium charges :D

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
well electing to play on a pvp server means that you want... yes you guessed it... pvp

in some cases (mine too) there are those that enjoy griefing and what better way to grief than camp an instance. this saves time as there usually is only one entrance to an instance and that will be the one way the opposing faction will be coming through.

it's just like the old argument: why did xxx kill me? i never did anything to him/her/it !!

FFS did you actually read the thread? How can it be PvP when one side cant react due to being on a loading screen? Player vs Hmm?

All you people ranting about it being a PvP server and you have to expect ganking, that wasnt the point of this thread at all. Its about people camping instance exits and killing people on loading screens! If you ask me its of the same ilk as camping rooftops in BB where the guards cant reach you..

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, because alliance never farms horde at the entrance of SM.. :rolleyes:

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
lol yeah but u dont see level 60 alliance standing outside the instance killing people that are loading in i mean 1 thats ganking at its best lol an a lvl 60 has no contest aginst a lvl 34 to 35 lol an ooh there there for geting a group lol hahaha bull they are there for just plain old ganking an i mean hey alliance would do it to if there instance was just up the road from a main city. They are there looking for groups hahaha funny hmm i wonder what that big bloody stone in the middle of the road is for than huh ? what was it called agin ooh yeah a MEETING STONE :twak: for peeps who were looking for groups :eek6:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Horde = A lot of players.
Alliance = A lot of players.
Gankers = 10...20?

This does not make Horde = Gankers true:p

SImple outofgame logic.

EDIT: gankers, gampers, griefers, anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom