Horace and Pete

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Louis CKs self released show, featuring Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco and Alan Alda.

I can't say enough how great this is, but uh. don't go in expecting funny or lighthearted.
It's dark as fuck, but it's one of the few western shows that's ever made me feel remotely emotional.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nobody else has watched it? :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'll look this up. Baskets is wonderful and much darker than I was expecting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I looked it up! I finally got around to watching this and... holy shit. Highlights include
that incredible scene at the start of the third episode where there's just this woman talking to someone off camera about falling for her father in law... Horace dropping the mental-health bomb at the dinner table in episode 6 in front of Pete's girlfriend... the first half of that brutal finale... the second half of that brutal finale... Pete's return omg.
Hilarious in some places, dark as hell in others and brilliantly written and acted (CK is probably the weak link re: the acting but fuck it it's his show).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I looked it up! I finally got around to watching this and... holy shit. Highlights include
that incredible scene at the start of the third episode where there's just this woman talking to someone off camera about falling for her father in law... Horace dropping the mental-health bomb at the dinner table in episode 6 in front of Pete's girlfriend... the first half of that brutal finale... the second half of that brutal finale... Pete's return omg.
Hilarious in some places, dark as hell in others and brilliantly written and acted (CK is probably the weak link re: the acting but fuck it it's his show).

I think Holy shit is about the right reaction.
No wonder none of the networks would pick it up lol.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think Holy shit is about the right reaction.
No wonder none of the networks would pick it up lol.
Yeah!

(just spoilering everything because I cba to pick and choose)
I went in after having watched Baskets (another absolutely recommended, slightly fucked up Louis CK creation - at least partly his creation) so I knew it wouldn't be all roses, but... holy shit. It really gets you in the feels in multiple ways, all the way through. Really deep stuff like Horace just talking to his daughter, which invariably turns into an argument. Edie Falco is fantastic in it, as is Alan Alda (like how good was it that he recounted that story about Horace pissing himself and then Buscemi delivered, practically word for word, the same story as Uncle Pete in the finale). Kurt is great, Leon is great, Trisha is great.

It's *so* dark though, the first half of the finale was actually difficult to watch in places... you just knew Pete was going to get a beating from "Uncle" Horace but damn, the way you could just hear him screaming... :( Then at the end it was like "oh yay Pete is back :D" but then he grabbed the knife and... fucking hell...
It had... what... 2? regularly used sets (plus Pete's room and then a scene with Strand from Fear the Walking Dead - holy shit Buscemi was good in that scene btw - and a scene in the hospital with Trisha. No sfx or anything, just good well-written, well-acted television. This is a show that probably cost next to nothing to make and it's captivated me more than anything else this year (ok, Stranger Things probably competes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom