Hope you learned some manner now Alby.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Not nice to backstab a autorunning Thane that is chatting :p

Vae

Resident Freddy
Given that he said you used IP and then strafe abused to give him 19 out of view messages despite facing I hope you're proud.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
All anyone can say in a situation like this is Owned tbh.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Vae said:
Given that he said you used IP and then strafe abused to give him 19 out of view messages despite facing I hope you're proud.

I'm sure as hell proud if its true.. WTG M8'y :clap: :clap: :clap:

/face 4theloos :kissit:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Vae said:
Well all i did was to face and use the mastah key q. Made me miss about 6 hits due to strafing, but i also had 18 blocks in a row. And yes I used ip cause he got half hits off while i was typing and stunned.

Is he playing on 56.6k modem? Never seen an enemy lag away like he did after backstabb, thats why i kept writing cause i thought he was running away. Was about at max dd range direct after the backstab. Happened again just before i killed him, saw him jump away then his corpse fell at my feet.

Xarma

Fledgling Freddie
Vae said:

How can you refer to normal strafing as abuse when it's a working feature of the game which has been there since as far as I can remember? Many people consider it lame, yes, but that's a individual thing, just like BB resists, Dragonfang and whatever else is the hot topic of this months complaints.

And no, I am not too fond of strafing myself, but it's still wrong to accuse someone of abusing a bug when he is clearly not, considering Mythic has stated that strafing is working as they intended it to afaik.

Anyway, :worthy: Fafnir :worthy: for actually killing someone. =)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Xarma said:
Anyway, :worthy: Fafnir :worthy: for actually killing someone. =)
Well I dinged rr5l1 before i left in november. And thats 90% solo so i've killed a few albs and hibs in my days :D

Vae

Resident Freddy
Normally I have respect for Fafnir but I'd say using strafe to get 19 out of view messages counts as abuse whether or not it is a feature of the game.

I don't know if Alby plays on 56K or not but I guess his lag could have contributed to the out of view messages.

Anyway gloating on here because you can strafe more than the enemy is kinda :puke:

I despair that this game is now heading from who has the L337est group to who can abuse strafe the most now. You have only to look at a couple of the other whine threads on this board to see that.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Vae said:
Normally I have respect for Fafnir but I'd say using strafe to get 19 out of view messages counts as abuse whether or not it is a feature of the game.

I don't know if Alby plays on 56K or not but I guess his lag could have contributed to the out of view messages.

Anyway gloating on here because you can strafe more than the enemy is kinda :puke:

I despair that this game is now heading from who has the L337est group to who can abuse strafe the most now. You have only to look at a couple of the other whine threads on this board to see that.
Man, get a clue! All this talk about abusing strafe is actually about people who intentionally cause their client to lag when strafing. This makes them "jump" in the way fafnir described.
Using the normal strafe keys has nothing to do with abusing a bug or an unfair advantage. It even gives you the penalty of missing your swings when you do it at the wrong time. You have to know your chars swing speed very well to do it with the right timing. Thats why assassins cant do it. They simply swing too fast to strafe between the swings. However strafing has been a tactic used by skilled players in 1 vs 1 fights since the release of the game.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Vae said:
Well I dont see this as abuse, saw someone comparing to rl in another thread. All I can say is I've trained Kendo and have done so for about 6 years now. And strafing as its called in this game, works similar in rl. Makes it harder to land a hit that gives a point, same happends to your opponent.

But perhaps we all should just stand infront of eachother and let the guy who does most damage win everytime. I wonder if thats why so many albs have made infils now days?

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Man, get a clue! All this talk about abusing strafe is actually about people who intentionally cause their client to lag when strafing. This makes them "jump" in the way fafnir described.
Using the normal strafe keys has nothing to do with abusing a bug or an unfair advantage. It even gives you the penalty of missing your swings when you do it at the wrong time. You have to know your chars swing speed very well to do it with the right timing. Thats why assassins cant do it. They simply swing too fast to strafe between the swings. However strafing has been a tactic used by skilled players in 1 vs 1 fights since the release of the game.

Actaully assassins can do it. Yes we can rarely get it in between weapon swings, but we have such high dex that we can absorb the strafe "to hit" penalty and still hit most of the time.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
lolz @ ppl calling strafing 'abuse'
if u dont like it.. move backwards then and they cant strafe around u.. DUH!
or just use face and they'll get 'u miss cause ur strafing' but ull keep hitting em!

that infil or whatever has to suck loads hahhhahha

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I know Alby pretty well after playing alongside him for best part of a year and a half, he probably doesn't know how to strafe :). Although i must say Faf to kill an unbuffed rr2 infil being a rr5+ tank using IP must be a strong achievement. All hail Fafnir :puke:

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
I know Alby pretty well after playing alongside him for best part of a year and a half, he probably doesn't know how to strafe :). Although i must say Faf to kill an unbuffed rr2 infil being a rr5+ tank using IP must be a strong achievement. All hail Fafnir :puke:

yeah and that assassin probably hits harder than this so called 'tank'. strong arguement, all hail u :puke:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
nuky said:
yeah and that assassin probably hits harder than this so called 'tank'.

If he wanted more damage as a tank he should've rolled a damage dealing class like a savage or warrior :eek: .

A

Aoln

It's a sad world when a Thane has to make a thread every time they kill someone :(

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
If he wanted more damage as a tank he should've rolled a damage dealing class like a savage or warrior :eek: .

get a clue dude, assassin(s) shouldnt outdamage a tank be it PURE or hybrid type in plain melee.... :m00:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
stop the /cry bois
A Thane won ffs!
Even im proud of him :fluffle:
wtg :clap:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its the constant diet of horsemeat that makes Fafnir so tough. Its kinda like Popeye with his Spinach. If you ever see Faf glug a potion in RvR its not a potion, its just a handy snack size bit of horse gyuk gyuk gyuk :D

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Roo Stercogburn said:
Its the constant diet of horsemeat that makes Fafnir so tough. Its kinda like Popeye with his Spinach. If you ever see Faf glug a potion in RvR its not a potion, its just a handy snack size bit of horse gyuk gyuk gyuk :D

Hmmm not a popular guy with The Midguard Stable Owners Union i would imagin :eek6:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Garok said:
Hmmm not a popular guy with The Midguard Stable Owners Union i would imagin :eek6:

They sell the horses to him by the cavalry :eek2: .

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Faf was in the New Year's honour's list for his outstanding contribution to the Midgard Adhesive Solvent industry :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Aoln said:
It's a sad world when a Thane has to make a thread every time they kill someone :(
Its not like it happens everyday a thane kills someone. :)

Vladamir said:
When i started this game savages where not even a glimpse in mythics eyes. And i doubt i would have rolled a savage then. Cause i love my thane even if he is gimped compared to most other classes.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Aoln said:

it's a sad world when stealther classes have to run in fg's and add everytime they wanna kill someone :(

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
get a clue dude, assassin(s) shouldnt outdamage a tank be it PURE or hybrid type in plain melee.... :m00:

Then it's time for a SB nerf!!1one!

They outdamage pally's from what I've seen.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Although i must say Faf to kill an unbuffed rr2 infil being a rr5+ tank using IP must be a strong achievement. All hail Fafnir :puke:

since when are thane's "tanks" ?

they have the lowest weaponskill in the world for gods sake, along with low hp, low weapon spec and lower than your average joe tank shield :clap:

nice going fafnir, nice to see thane's kicking back :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom