Home Improvement Loans / Extentions / Shizzle

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Scouse, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

It ain't about hate at all m8 :)

1820's farmhouse build with tiny space (it's literally a tin can size) which isn't insulateable in a way that retains the tiny space available and keeps within national park building regs - in a climate that doesn't especially lend itself to that tech.

I'm not resigned to my heating system being not particularly brilliant (I'm not falling into the biomass lie) but I am (currently) resigned to, unless tearing down the house and rebuilding to modern standards (which I can't do), best suitable tech.

I am, however, bringing along a qualified heating engineer to talk through the options and if I've fucked up, (s)he'll put me straight. :)

2. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Might be your Samsung then, I've done whole properties in it on my OnePlus for years without issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

I downloaded it onto my S10+ and got the same thing.

I reduced the rear camera video quality to "HD" and the app works perfectly!
    Actually any setting is fine as long as not using one of the "60fps" settings.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Scouse

Brill. I'll try that, thanks :)

5. Scouse

Mine:
    In two weeks :)
    Mine.jpg

*fingers crossed

Lots of work to do! :cry:

• Like Like x 2
  6. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

Good noises from the heating engineer then?

7. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

You haven't done anything yet and you are crying :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scouse

Not there yet. Design/renovation question finalisation once bought.

GHSP is 90% no, air sourse is less efficient. If we can economically bring it's CAT F environmental economy up to the required level, and meet the national park planning requirements then they may be back in the running.

First thing first, get it bought. Second, architects and budgets.

Actually no, second is weatherproof and watertight. After that we'll look at renovation.

Had a palava with the seller being a lying bastard around drainage but nailed that problem. If they clear their shit then we're good to go.

Obvs, gonna take 18 months before it's properly liveable. But que sera sera :)