Home Improvement Loans / Extentions / Shizzle

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know you can't do a ground source heat pump (economically) but why do you hate air source?
It ain't about hate at all m8 :)

1820's farmhouse build with tiny space (it's literally a tin can size) which isn't insulateable in a way that retains the tiny space available and keeps within national park building regs - in a climate that doesn't especially lend itself to that tech.

I'm not resigned to my heating system being not particularly brilliant (I'm not falling into the biomass lie) but I am (currently) resigned to, unless tearing down the house and rebuilding to modern standards (which I can't do), best suitable tech.

I am, however, bringing along a qualified heating engineer to talk through the options and if I've fucked up, (s)he'll put me straight. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got an S10+. It runs like a fucking dog. Crashes a lot, jerky as fuck - probably because of the jerky shite it struggles to align walls and understand corners - especially if it has to understand it through furniture (but also on a test in my bathroom).

Conceptually, maybe brilliant. Execution 3/10.
Might be your Samsung then, I've done whole properties in it on my OnePlus for years without issue.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Got an S10+. It runs like a fucking dog. Crashes a lot, jerky as fuck - probably because of the jerky shite it struggles to align walls and understand corners - especially if it has to understand it through furniture (but also on a test in my bathroom).

Conceptually, maybe brilliant. Execution 3/10.

I downloaded it onto my S10+ and got the same thing.

I reduced the rear camera video quality to "HD" and the app works perfectly!
Actually any setting is fine as long as not using one of the "60fps" settings.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I downloaded it onto my S10+ and got the same thing.

I reduced the rear camera video quality to "HD" and the app works perfectly!
Actually any setting is fine as long as not using one of the "60fps" settings.
Brill. I'll try that, thanks :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mine:
In two weeks :)
Mine.jpg

*fingers crossed

Lots of work to do! :cry:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good noises from the heating engineer then?
Not there yet. Design/renovation question finalisation once bought.

GHSP is 90% no, air sourse is less efficient. If we can economically bring it's CAT F environmental economy up to the required level, and meet the national park planning requirements then they may be back in the running.

First thing first, get it bought. Second, architects and budgets.

Actually no, second is weatherproof and watertight. After that we'll look at renovation.

Had a palava with the seller being a lying bastard around drainage but nailed that problem. If they clear their shit then we're good to go.

Obvs, gonna take 18 months before it's properly liveable. But que sera sera :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom