Holy U-Turn Batman, Official forums?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I'd be pretty much surprised about it, a welcome u turn if it turns to be true anyway.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Pointless though it'll be censored to hell and back as were the original forums and of course as with GOA tradition it won't be advertised so hardly anyone will use it when they already have WHA/VN and FH.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
you say that now...

You've clearly forgotten what a pit of whinging epeen the last official forums had become.

Reasons why we neither want nor need official forums

1. We have to mix with the unwashed cretins and riff raff who currently infest other servers (after being weeded out from here)

2. Goa will fuck them up (ours won't be hosted by mythic, most probably) and they will be a "pale reflection of what US customers get" leading to more whines and people threatening to quit / questioning GOA's ability to run the game and more tedium

3. Eventually they'll be withdrawn leading to more flames and cries of "OMFG YOU ARE TEH SUCK I QUITZORS"

4. I have to register on another forum that I'll rarely post on and only visit to laugh at the general ineptitude and ignorance of todays gamers thus tarnishing my karma more than it already has been

Personally I'm happier here, as I'm sure most people here will be. We seem to have avoided most of the epeen waving posturing cocks who infest WHA and have a modicum of civility in our discussions.

but nm me - I'm just a grumpy lazy fucker who doesn't want to have to visit ANOTHER forum to read that some fucktard thought Saturday Morning would be a fucking awesome time for maintenance thus leaving me Warhammer less and with no release whilst surrounded by my offspring first thing in the fucking morning after the little snotlings kept me up all night.

FFS!

M

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hopefully it will keep the idiots who don't even play the game away.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You all have to pay attention to the good side of having official forums.

Threads by imbeciles that make the day just pass by. It'll be even worse than vn (i never thought that would be possible tbh but it will)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
The WoW forums were always a stinking mass of "OMG NERF!!!!" threads, and the stupid thing was that the developers often listened to the retards who posted on there.

Official forums are massively overrated and I don't see much good coming from this.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Prob to stop people who don't play QQing on boards.

And also ofc to ban people who whine too much or disagree with the powers that be ;)

Official forum: forum ban = IG ban :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
The WoW forums were always a stinking mass of "OMG NERF!!!!" threads, and the stupid thing was that the developers often listened to the retards who posted on there.
<snip>

So are almost every unofficial forum as well.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
There is generally a lot more bullshit on any single thread on the WoW official forums than on the entire Freddy's WAR forum. I did used to frequent an American WAR forum which was run like Stalin's Russia, but it did keep the wankers away and there were some very nice people on there.
I remember when the game went live, people were registering to the forum simply to rant about how rubbbish the game was (without actually having played it) and to argue about the sexual orientation of the developers.
Do we really want that kind of idiocy refining any further?

MMO + official forums = extreme stupidity.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
AoC's official forums are great

Personally I'll still use here and WHA

I'm just looking forward to MJacobs announcement about having an official cesspool
I mean forum

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
The problem with making any forums 'official' is that it immediately becomes clogged with tards thinking they have a personal one-on-one hotline to the devs, who will instantly enact any change they demand if they whine loudly enough. Witness the glut of 'DEVS RESPONSE PLZZZ' 'BLUE REPLY NEEDED' 'BLIZZ PLZ READ THIS' etc. etc. posts on That Other Game's official forums, virtually all of which are just "Waa waa waa you must nerf the class that just killed me" posts anyway.

Like many things, I suspect official forums are a nice idea that won't survive contact with the actual denizens of the Interweb; design by committee never actually works, after all, and sadly that's how most people treat official forums. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It would be nice to have an official forum.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
One huge advantage of official forums would be being able to lock people out if they don't have a valid subscription - remove all the idiots who just whine and don't play anymore. They could also hide them away from non-players as well.

I'm not sure if I'm keen or not though, the post quality and general attitude on such forums isn't that great at times.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
GOA official forums don't really make any sense anyway there's little they can do to improve the game as decisions are always made by Mythic who frankly are more concerned about the US player base than the EU one. Any GOA forum would simply be for tech support, very little else.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hopefully it will keep the idiots who don't even play the game away.

Most "idiots who don't even play the game" shelled out £35 for a game that has not come as advertised and are understandably annoyed by that fact. They would like certain things changed and put right before they put their trust into a subscription again. One or two of the pre-release promises becoming reality wouldn't go amiss either.

Mass RvR? Oh dear oh dear.
"An equal or better service" Yeah right, that didn't last long did it?
Some serious flaws in basic game mechanics. Mob and more importantly pet pathing utterly fucked, LD/DC on zoning, hello 2008, 2002 would like its code back please.
Awful PvE, that you are forced to do. If they are going to make you grind through it then they should at least make an effort with it. If you have to do it, it should be entertaining. Otherwise just remove it. Make all levelling up PvP based. Kills and contribution to kills only please. Empty keeps should grant no reward.
Scenarios. Remove them, just remove them. If you have a PvP zone in each area then that is where the PvP should be, not in a separate, detached zone.

I think they (official forums) are a good idea, it gives a real focal point to get info and news. I would like to see more of an input from mythic and GOA, while the usual FH GOA staff try their best there is to much "not my problem, speak to X department" they do a good job, it would be nice though if on official forums we get to hear from the other departments. I would personally love to hear from Flash Guy. I have one or two questions for the billing department, like, "were you employed before the interview" and "Have you ever worked in finance before"?

Don't get me wrong, I think its a brave move by GOA to recruit straight out of pre 6th form education but it would be nice to have some official justification from the people behind some of GOA's more questionable decisions in the past.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Then they should fuck off and not play. I for one don't want forums clogged up with wankers crying because they haven't got the game they want right-now-this-second. There is a world of difference between constructive criticism and whining, and I rarely ever see anything but whining.

If the game is as shit as you say then why keep moaning about it? It's 35 quid, suck it up and never buy anything from Mythic again.
Big fucking deal.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Then they should fuck off and not play. I for one don't want forums clogged up with wankers crying because they haven't got the game they want right-now-this-second. There is a world of difference between constructive criticism and whining, and I rarely ever see anything but whining.

If the game is as shit as you say then why keep moaning about it? It's 35 quid, suck it up and never buy anything from Mythic again.
Big fucking deal.

^This exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom