Holy shit, I'm never biting my fingers again...

Afran

Part of the furniture
I've had this habbit for as long as I can remember, I bite my nails and occasionly bite off the very corner of my fingers, I've done this for atleast 10 years of my life and I've never had any problems, this time I had a minor infection (yellow, pus filled spot, only about 2mm in width and length) and was told by peers to pop it or just cover it up (I used a plaster) until it gets better. It was quite painful so I took the plaster off 2-3 days later, by now it was over 1cm squared and was glowing light green, I knew by now I had to pop it but first I confirmed with NHS direct that it was a good idea to do so, so I did. They told me after this that I should just cover it up again and when I asked whether I should visit my GP, they told me there really was no need.

Against the advice, I booked an appointment the first thing next morning and went in this evening, after taking off the plaster the Doctor told me that if I had left it any longer (2-3 days) the top segment of my finger would have had to of been permanently removed, and if left for approximatley two weeks after this I'd of had to lose the entire finger. I've been prescribed Flucloxacillin to take over the next week and supposedly after that period it'll be good as new.

So there's my little story, and I shall never bite my fingers again!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah but did biting your fingers cause it? Also what was the thing called?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah it was biting my finger that did it even though it was such an exceptionally small wound, it was a form of gangrene. Used some fancy name that I really can't spell...

Afran

Part of the furniture
I was going to when I got back actually but it was still quite an open wound so I had to cover it :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Was probably a hangnail that you bit out and became infected.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Dirty boy

guop3store.jpg

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've done exactly the same thing. Bite your nail in the corner and get some of the skin and stuff down the side as well and it gets easily infected apparently.

Guy in the doctors said exactly the same thing to me, if it had been left a bit longer then id have lost the finger.

Leave it and it all goes rotten down the side and under the nail.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ew lol thats minging.

I used to bite my nails all the time then i just stopped and grew a monster set of talons, have to trim them now for stuff like work, playing the banjo and masterbation it is impractical but they looked awesome

georgie

FH is my second home
ew lol thats minging.

I used to bite my nails all the time then i just stopped and grew a monster set of talons, have to trim them now for stuff like work, playing the banjo and masterbation it is impractical but they looked awesome

Well, if you ever need some help there Ez, just holler my direction. :cheers:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We've had emo wimps who don't know how to talk to women, wierdos who play too much computer games, scumbags who fester with pus and filth, paedos, desperately lonely social outcasts, and people obsessed with gay sex.

So whats next ?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
We've had emo wimps who don't know how to talk to women, wierdos who play too much computer games, scumbags who fester with pus and filth, paedos, desperately lonely social outcasts, and people obsessed with gay sex.

So whats next ?

You?

:)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
emo wimps who don't know how to talk to women, wierdos who play too much computer games, scumbags who fester with pus and filth, paedos, desperately lonely social outcasts, and people obsessed with gay sex.

So whats next ?

Is that the introduction to your autobiography?

'The people I am made up of'

Marc

FH is my second home

So whats next ?

People who think its cool to pretend they had a £1,000 a week coke habit?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

I wonder which one applies to me :( *Misses Vlad*

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds nasty! I bite my nails quite a lot but can't say I've ever biten corner of my fingers off :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom