Holidays - GOA

F

Flimgoblin

as the fellow said - the translation team is on holiday....

I imagine the people in billing have been chained to their computers.

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by old.Zoyster
ow no Its the guy with the wierd piccie

u r from pyrdwen, who cares if u miss me :D

Well I certainly wont. But I'm from prydwen too, so I guess that means you don't care.

P

Pixie.Pebr

ow no Its the guy with the wierd piccie

u r from pyrdwen, who cares if u miss me :D

I meant the forums.

I already thank the Lord each day for placing 99% of the muppets on Excalibur.

Amen.

S

Sibanac

I'll do the maths for j00:

Average Players = 24,000

Web page can handle 80 Hits

2400 / 80 = 30

Therefore, after 30 hours every1 should be able to register.

SOmebody around here has been lying.

thats the most fucked up math ever seen besides the fact that a never saw the 80 hits thingy anywhere posted
They said they where restricting access to PORT 80 aka the http port

second of all 1 hit is multiple requests and they cant controll the number of hits allowed just the number of requests to load one page with all the gfx could take 20 requests or more

3) 24,000 / 80 = 300 hours if the server would take 80 hits an hour
Tho that is crap see point 2 and the fact that webserver access is always set in concurent requests (aka at the same time) and that regestring SI takes 4 page loads 1 to enter user/pass 1 to click on activate SI and one to enter cd key and the result screen that would make it
300 * 4 =12.000h = 500 days

O

old.Zoyster

500 days, well thats bad planning.

Strategy = Lets release an update to our game

TActics = Enable Comsumers to Register

Plan = Have Fun

Reality = an Aching wrist from being a human macro

S

Sarum TheBlack

The accounts pages are way too flash/gfx intensive really.. they could have freed up a whole load of bandwidth by cutting half the crap from them. Most of the stuff doesn't appear to be stored on the account server of course (now that WOULD be stupid), but even so, smaller pages = load quicker = everyone is quicker through the sytem = everyone is happy.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
The accounts pages are way too flash/gfx intensive really.. they could have freed up a whole load of bandwidth by cutting half the crap from them. Most of the stuff doesn't appear to be stored on the account server of course (now that WOULD be stupid), but even so, smaller pages = load quicker = everyone is quicker through the sytem = everyone is happy.

True but also dont forget that the account pages are running over SSL (encription), and serving SSL pages takes alot more load then normal pages, in same cases more then double

T

Tyronne

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

For 3 day's i try to pay for my account with no result.
Is this normal no. And no, i don't understand it.

They, know allot of people play this game.
and if u know that u can do something about it.
And if u don't then u loose people.

And no i don't have feelings for them I pay for it. And if u pay for something u expect some service. FFS

T

tripitaka

Mind yer own business m8, Infact if any1 has unconstructive comments Post em on RvR or 1 of teh other 30 Forums.

So does that mean ull be moving to another forum to post from now on then ? As your being totally unconstructive with your complete bollox postings. Everyone knows there are problems registering doesn't take ur 20 new threads with 'i can't register' to make any difference u know.

U

ulke

Feck, need to register now damnit !!!
SI have soon been out for a week and still the same "please try in a few minutes"
Hmm, they couldn´t see this coming or what ? talk about sucky planning from GOA :(

S

Shahla

Reality = an Aching wrist from being a human macro

Well I think it could certainly have been easier for people if GOA had a more robust billing system and they didn't have to throttle the registration process, but I would also say that judging by his spamming of these boards this guy has a bad wrist for a totally different reason ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Sibanac

thats the most fucked up math ever seen besides the fact that a never saw the 80 hits thingy anywhere posted

read the sticky thread at the top of the page...

80 people maximum logged into the account pages. They upped it to 100

this ain't 80 pages loaded - it's 80 logged in sessions.

O

old.Merino

Bad management

Originally posted by tripitaka

STOP WHINGING FFS. eventually you'll be able to register. Gawd ppl are soooo impatient.

Let me guess Tripitaka: you got a SI copy and were among the lucky people who got through and successfully registered....

Others (like me) did not have the same luck. It's annoying to spend hours in front of your computer trying to make a game you paid money for work properly.
I agree with you it's wrong to blame Kemor though, I guess he's only the guy in charge of handling PR.
They guy they should sack is the Product Manager for DAoC. Imagine this:

Product manager calling Amazon: "How many copies of SI have been ordered?"
Amazon: "20k"
Product Manager: "wow, that means 2'000 EUR bonus for me"
PM calling GF: "we will go to the Seychelles for holiday!"
Kemor to PM: "Oh dang, people complaining they can't register SI"
PM: "register SI? What for?"
Kemor: "Erm, you have to register SI to make it run..."
PM: "Oh cool. Why did nobody tell me before... You know, I'm not a software guy, I'm just a marketing whiz kid"

Yeah, it's like buying a ticket for a flight and being told: "Oh sorry Sir, we're overbooked, but there's a flight tomorrow at 3am, maybe you'll be lucky...."

I'm glad my pension fund didn't invest in GOA shares.

Just my 2c

Merino/Yeyi; Hibernians in Prydwen

Edit: it's really time for a thread merger though, posted a quote which comes from the thread above. Does it matter? Nope.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Sibanac

second of all 1 hit is multiple requests and they cant controll the number of hits allowed just the number of requests to load one page with all the gfx could take 20 requests or more

3) 24,000 / 80 = 300 hours if the server would take 80 hits an hour
Tho that is crap see point 2 and the fact that webserver access is always set in concurent requests (aka at the same time) and that regestring SI takes 4 page loads 1 to enter user/pass 1 to click on activate SI and one to enter cd key and the result screen that would make it
300 * 4 =12.000h = 500 days

you twat nobody ever mentioned PORT 80....

<sigh>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom