Holiday Holiday Suggestions! :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK - so I'm going to go away with the missus for xmas. From 15th December > 3rd/4th Jan.

She's got a bee in her bonnet about Vietnam, but I'm not sold tbh (a lot of that down to the fact that flights are £1200 each at the moment and the fact that there was a cycle tour from Bangkok > Cambodia > Hanoi that I missed booking), so I'd love some suggestions.

You've got a two and a half weeks, can go anywhere, would like to do something rather than sit in a hotel on a beach for all of that time (a couple of days, sure, and I know some love it - but for me that's the very definition of hell).

Happy to start off somewhere, and finish somewhere else with trains or flights in between.

What would you guys and gals dream of doing? What amazing shit have you done that I'd be a fool not to do? :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Patagonia looks good. On the way back you can check out Buenos Aires, which is a lovely place.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
South africa where tom just been. Can do cape town and table mountain. On to a safari or some such lots to do down there. And the weather should be nice.

Syri

FH is my second home
If you can get decent prices on flights, and don't mind that it might be a bit cool, Japan could be an option. If you want something to do with cycling, there's this cycle route, and plenty of other places to visit around the country. I've heard the new year celebrations are quite nice there as well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
True although I'd say Capetown is no more than two days tbh. Unless, that is, you enjoy looking at shantytowns.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You should do as you’re told and go to Vietnam.

Tom’s Patagonia suggestion is also good and if you went down to Ushuaia this time of year you could get a boat to Antarctica. The only real issue is Patagonia is fucking enormous, so if want to do all the main hiking spots, the glaciers and BA, you’re going to quite rushed. I was there six weeks and spent a lot of that time on the road.

One more choice; NZ. Good time of year to do South Island.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Booked flights to Siam Reap so we can go to Angkor Wat, take a trip on a boat down the Mekong to Phnom Penh, wing it a bit then get an internal flight to Hanoi so we can mooch around Ha Long Bay.

Flights were absolutely extortionate. Thank god, then, that two minutes after completing the payment on my credit card a bloke from work rang me and said that I've most likely got two weeks work left and I'm being kicked out the door with a load of other people. Muttered something about Brexit and the money drying up for UK based infrastructure projects in the bank. :eek:

Hey ho. At least I'm going on holiday before I have to start looking for work again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Booked flights to Siam Reap so we can go to Angkor Wat, take a trip on a boat down the Mekong to Phnom Penh, wing it a bit then get an internal flight to Hanoi so we can mooch around Ha Long Bay.

Flights were absolutely extortionate. Thank god, then, that two minutes after completing the payment on my credit card a bloke from work rang me and said that I've most likely got two weeks work left and I'm being kicked out the door with a load of other people. Muttered something about Brexit and the money drying up for UK based infrastructure projects in the bank. :eek:

Hey ho. At least I'm going on holiday before I have to start looking for work again.
All those suggestions and you end up going to the place you originally wanted other ideas than to go to. Lol

You contractors are always an expendable resource.. hope you did the sensible thing and had six months in the bank so gives you time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

What are you going to do with this sabbatical?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Missus is permie so we'll be alreet. Hate job hunting :(

It'll colour my holiday tho. I know it'll be at the back of my mind.

But still. Spanky holiday incoming. Gotta look on the bright side :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What are you going to do with this sabbatical?
Gonna find me a job. Want a house by some mountains so I've gotta get me some savings.

Then I can quit and do something low stress with shorter hours so I can spend more days on my bike :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Gonna find me a job. Want a house by some mountains so I've gotta get me some savings.

Then I can quit and do something low stress with shorter hours so I can spend more days on my bike :)
I am permie and i get to live by some great coast, moors and i admit not so many mountains :).

It can be done when you are a wage slave.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Remember your last sabbatical where I lived in the same city as you for 3 years and we didn't even meet to discuss the communist manifesto.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Remember your last sabbatical where I lived in the same city as you for 3 years and we didn't even meet to discuss the communist manifesto.
I had a LOT of wanking to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom