Hold the phone!

mank!

Part of the furniture
i'm holding my phone. what am i supposed to do?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No. It looks very nice but its LHD, the interior is made of egg cartons and it only really works on smooth roads. And its 46 grand, there's more usable performance to be had for that kind of money.

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's american, therefore it's shitter than the particularly large pile of dinosaur shit in Jurassic Park. "That's one big pile of shit!"

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't that the one that beats the SLR around the nurburgring? If that's the case - it's by no means shite, kryt :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thats called 'feathering the throttle' during engine braking.

DaGaffer there should be a negative rep button for comments like that :(

Kryten

Old Cow.
But it's american.
It could launch you to the moon and back, and still be shite in my eyes ;)

DaGaffer

Thats called 'feathering the throttle' during engine braking.

DaGaffer there should be a negative rep button for comments like that :(

What a load of old bollocks, the engine was running too rich. "Feathering the throttle" my arse.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
car fans will hate me but I don't understand what is cool about that car in the tunnel. the bangs and things sound like it's going to break at any second.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I honestly can't tell what that is. Judging by the racket and the fact it sounds like it's going to break I'm guessing it's some sort of TVR. If so I'd rather have the Viper. Both are likely to end up in a hedge so I'd rather be in some Detroit pig iron than a plastic car glued together in Blackpool.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What a load of old bollocks, the engine was running too rich. "Feathering the throttle" my arse.

It was running rich because the driver was feathering the throttle while engine braking. Something I regularly did in mine. Something which TVRs have done for years with 3 different engine blocks, and cherry bombed exhausts.

My arse indeed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I honestly can't tell what that is. Judging by the racket and the fact it sounds like it's going to break I'm guessing it's some sort of TVR. If so I'd rather have the Viper. Both are likely to end up in a hedge so I'd rather be in some Detroit pig iron than a plastic car glued together in Blackpool.

TVR Cerbera IIRC was the only car ever to drive away from a full frontal NCAP impact test. And you don't glue a tubular steel chassis together, you weld it :)

American cars are hardly renowned for their structural integrity.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've seen the aftermath of a Viper hitting a lamp-post. The lamp was lying on the floor, clearly having come off second best. I dread to think what speed the driver was doing when he hit it.

DaGaffer

Something which TVRs have done for years with 3 different engine blocks, and cherry bombed exhausts.

And that's good is it? I don't travel by steamship, I don't keep my coal in the bath, so why the fuck would I want a car that sounds like it was built by a blacksmith?

I may not particularly rate the Z06 (for use in the UK at any rate), but unlike any TVR at least it will probably get to the end of the street. I know you're a fan, but TVRs by any objective reckoning are rubbish really. Some of them are quite pretty, but they're still rubbish. Through the 90s people were seduced by the "performance per pound" argument, but it doesn't really stack up when you add in the taxi fares and tow-truck costs does it? And please don't trot out some stats about how reliable TVRs are really or "they're supposed to be second cars" or "well I never had any problems" - it won't wash.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Stop getting so worked up. You said something that wasn't right, I corrected you, and now you're ranting about how awful you think TVRs are?

Mate, please. Drive whatever car you like, just don't go off on one when you say something a bit silly about a marque you know little about, and someone points it out to you.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I have to say, I have been so tempted by the idea of a TVR, but it's very well document that they're just absolute money pits and need a serious amount of cash thrown at them to keep them in working order; particularly as a daily driver.

I suppose if you have the cash, then why not. I'm sure when they're working, they're brilliant.

I actually read a thread somewhere of an LS1 (GM lump) conversion for a TVR , now that's something getting moist about.

Go German :ninja:, the S54 lump in the E46 M3 is a reliable masterpiece.

/runs away

DaGaffer

Stop getting so worked up. You said something that wasn't right, I corrected you, and now you're ranting about how awful you think TVRs are?

Mate, please. Drive whatever car you like, just don't go off on one when you say something a bit silly about a marque you know little about, and someone points it out to you.

Err, what did you "correct"? Feathering the throttle shouldn't make the engine run rich on a modern car with an engine management system. The popping and banging is wholly unnecessary, unless you want it to sound like that, and why would you? As Teeds points out, it sounds shit, which is what I was talking about in the first place. And you were the one bigging up TVRs as better than the Z06, which I pointed out was a dubious proposition for a lot of reasons.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"Shouldn't" and "unnecessary" are your opinions - but not facts.

And you were the one slagging off the Z06 - and then you slagged off a TVR. In fact, what cars have you owned that have given you this world-changing insight into what people's opinions should be?

In a thread about cars I can happily post whatever my opinion is, but if someone comes along and talks utter bollocks don't be surprised if that someone gets it pointed out to them by someone else that actually knows what he's talking about.

G, I think the conversion you mean may be this one:

Chimaera LS6

Its bloody awesome. Bit out of my price range though, I'll have to stick with the 4.0 RV8 :)

DaGaffer

Whatever Tom, you´re right and I´m wrong, having a car sound like rusty nails in a burning bean tin does make it great. How could I have not realised that? :worthy:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm sorry Tom but the banging just makes it sound like it's breaking imo, like the engine's about to blow a cylinder. naturally, I know nothing of cars heh, so I certainly won't know if it's supposed to sound that way.

ofc that is my opinion. my ideal car would be comfortable, make no noise, be cheap to run and not too expensive to buy. in holland, there is no point at all for it to be beefy or fast, because there are so many other cars on the roads that you can't put your foot down ever for fear of a dent. or death for that matter.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Right thats it. I'm buying a remote scottish island, G and Bodhi and Trem are all welcome, the rest of you can drive Vauxhalls tbh!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
lornaincar-medium.jpg

My car IS comfortable ,but its also noisy and does 15 to the gallon on a good day. Can I live on your island too ? :p

ps my wife wont come though, she thinks you're a load of wankers :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes you can come, but only if you bring enough guns for us all :)

We'll build you some stone turrets to keep people out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom