Hoddles gone

J

Jonaldo

As a Spurs fan I have mixed feelings about Hoddles departure.

Admittedly we were underperforming a fair bit recently but still we were playing good looking football for the first time in a long time. I thought we were heading slowly in the right direction.
Probably his main mistake this summer was getting three strikers instead of maybe two and boosting either the midfield or defence.

Just hope we get a new manager who also like to play good football and the board give him at least another 10 million to spend as he will need to boost the midfield and defence still. I reckon Keane, Postiga, Kanoute and Zamora is good enough for most Premiership managers.

M

mank

As a Swindon fan I love and hate Hoddle equally. I also find it quite funny he's had bog all success since he left us.

Tottenham have an excellent strikeforce, but except for a good 'keeper the rest of the team is a bit crap really. I hear Radi Antic is being linked and he did a good job with Barcelona last season so he'd be good for you if he gets the job.

X

xane

They should have given him more time, Hoddle was always sodding around with the formations when he was at Chelsea, I remember a win over Liverpool where a change of tactics at half time played a crucial part.

The only thing I am thinking of is now Pardew is up for grabs perhaps Tottenham might nab him before West Ham does !

J

Jonaldo

Pardew was West Hams manager before Hoddle was sacked as far as I know.

G

Gumbo

Ah, did he sign a contract binding him to West Ham then?

M

mank

He's signed a contract but because Reading didn't release him from his contract he can't take over at West Ham until next month.

As for Hoddle, the main reason he was successful at Swindon and to a lesser extent Chelsea was because he was still playing. He was a sublime player.

G

Gumbo

My point being that a contract didn't stop him leaving a club in the past.

Not that I think for a minute he might.

M

mank

Well, I guess if West Ham had any sense they'd have written a clause into the contract meaning he can't just tear it up like he did at Reading.

O

old.Dillinja

I hope the hammers go up and spurs go down this season. Would be a right laugh for me. :)

X

xane

Originally posted by Gumbo
My point being that a contract didn't stop him leaving a club in the past.

My point as well, after all I think Spurs can offer more than West Ham.

J

Jonaldo

Strange thing: Sergei Rebrov could return to Spurs now, he's on an 18 month loan deal mainly because he and Hoddle didn't get on. Any manager coming to the club may want to try him out and that would be yet another decent striker here.

Feel a bit sorry for Paul Konchesky as it's unlikely any hope he had of joining us will go ahead unless the next manager also had plans on buying him.

J

Jonaldo

omg we just like totally abuse Man City for 92 minutes and they get away with a nil nil draw :cool: how lucky were they today?

Thought Seaman should've been man of the match for his clean sheet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom