HO merc (classic) slash or crush for RvR ?

dutchman

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all,

I have rolled last week an lvl 23 HO merc who is currently slash specced due to the fact that 1:

1. most weapons which drop are slash.
2. for pve (leveling) the slash styles are superior (many high to hit bonus read amythyst slash 29 style, and later on the very high to hit bonus diamond slash lvl 50 style)

I have used this merc a few times in BG rvr and i am decently pleased i can hold easily my own against other melees (even orange ones).

However since the last 'free' respec will be at lvl 40 my question to more experienced mercs is this. Is the slash spec vialble in RvR (due to large minus on chain = mids) or should i go with the much mentioined crush spec for RvR?

Any usefull insights are welcome.

Best Regards,

Nbeetjepijn lvl 23 merc , Clastonbury server

Bahumat

FH is my second home
go crush cause if you solo you get your stun off an anytimer+followup

slash is off parry iirc

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
go crush cause if you solo you get your stun off an anytimer+followup

slash is off parry iirc

If your slash spec you rely on the Dual Wield stun chain.

Crush is good because...

Low end use.
Followup 5 second any time stun.

On the other hand Growth rates on slash are alot better, but does use a lot more end.

If you spec crush you're gonna be titled fotm - Doesnt matter .. its down to your play style.

On TOA servers i prefer slash

dutchman

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for quick reply

Thank all for your quick reply,

I guess it will be the FOTM Crush template then. Since I never played an dual wielding wearing tank before. I need every advantage I can think of.

And since I obviously wont have the anytime lvl 42 shield stun. It would certainly help to have acces to the 5 sec stun on the follow up style of the crush anytime style. Especially since I noticed that a lot of plp run away when you hit them even only once!

My only concern is that while crush is neutral against ALL mid armour types its weak against ALL scale of hib. And as I recall druids and bards wear scale also so I hope I will be able to kill those support classes fast enough in RvR while doing my part on the assist train.

Also does an merc get access to the 'triple wield' skill or is dirty tricks the Albion version of this handy skill?

Best regards,

Nbeetjepijn lvl 23 HO merc, Clastonbury server

Cozak

Part of the furniture
dutchman said:
Thank all for your quick reply,

I guess it will be the FOTM Crush template then. Since I never played an dual wielding wearing tank before. I need every advantage I can think of.

And since I obviously wont have the anytime lvl 42 shield stun. It would certainly help to have acces to the 5 sec stun on the follow up style of the crush anytime style. Especially since I noticed that a lot of plp run away when you hit them even only once!

My only concern is that while crush is neutral against ALL mid armour types its weak against ALL scale of hib. And as I recall druids and bards wear scale also so I hope I will be able to kill those support classes fast enough in RvR while doing my part on the assist train.

Also does an merc get access to the 'triple wield' skill or is dirty tricks the Albion version of this handy skill?

Best regards,

Nbeetjepijn lvl 23 HO merc, Clastonbury server

Bards wear reinforced, as do blademasters, which is weak to crush so you will cut(Bash?:p) through them like a hot knife through butter.
Triple wield is BM only, mercs only get dirty tricks.. DT is so much superior to TW though :)

Thats how you will be hitting on hib crush weak armour :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom