HMV PS3 Pre-order Bargain

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I got this email, lol! I'll have 6, such a bargain! Bet it doesn't sell well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
johnny consumer will still lap it up.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
least it will stop people buying them all up and selling them on for profit :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
least it will stop people buying them all up and selling them on for profit :p

Why will it? you could still sell the PS3 for 800 and still make something.

PS3's will be going for 800-900 a pop easily and when the supply is gone people will put up the prices even higher because people will buy them if they have to have the must have gadget.

Same with the Wii even i was shocked to sell something worth £180 for over £450 quid.

I maybe greedy but i will not pass up a money making thing like this it is crazy not too.

Even people at work who don't play games have seen what Ebay was like with the xbox 360 etc there is a guy in his 60's at work who has 5 pre-orders placed in because and i quote 'i was sickened at the prices the Wii went for and people still bought them'.

Imo blame rich mommy and daddy who have to give there kids what they want and will pay out of their arse for it.

tris-

well maybe people who arnt super rich then. i dont know many people who have the collateral to lay that much down for maybe 5-10 consoles.

Aada

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
well maybe people who arnt super rich then. i dont know many people who have the collateral to lay that much down for maybe 5-10 consoles.

I have been saving since last January have around £4000 put away because i will make that back and easily another £3000 maybe 4 if i play my cards right.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I really hope to fuck that there's enough stock to make this sort of profiteering a huge mistake, and people doing it are stuck with PS3's they can't shift.

As it is atm they're sitting on shelves in the US barely selling compared to the other 2 consoles.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
I have been saving since last January have around £4000 put away because i will make that back and easily another £3000 maybe 4 if i play my cards right.

so your part of the problem? ie re-sell on ebay? i would say something i would regret if it wasn't against fh coc

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:

You are mad, many people did the same in America and ended up selling the consoles on ebay for less than they paid for them at retail because the PS3 didn't sellout at it's north american launch and they had even less consoles than we are getting. Add in the fact that the console is even more here expensive than it is anywhere else in the world and the E.U. is getting a million consoles for launch, it all adds up to a bloody big risk you are taking.

Tilda

unlike wii ps3 will flop on eu lauch, there are shelves in usa full of ps3 unslod cause nobody can afford!

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
You are mad, many people did the same in America and ended up selling the consoles on ebay for less than they paid for them at retail because the PS3 didn't sellout at it's north american launch and they had even less consoles than we are getting. Add in the fact that the console is even more here expensive than it is anywhere else in the world and the E.U. is getting a million consoles for launch, it all adds up to a bloody big risk you are taking.

so what you are saying is, buy them from ebay, it'll be cheeper? i hope i get one;) at the discounted rate of 0.00067p!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Malcolm said:

Yes but who is money grabbing? Read between the lines. Console manufactures offer stock allocations to companies based on how they sell the console. Those retailers who only sell bundle deals that give the manufacturer more profit on software and hardware accessories usually get a bigger allocation.

Sony have basically given HMV a big allocation on the basis that HMV will sell the ps3 in a bundle with the PSP, making Sony more profit.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Americans are different they are more enclined to like any console.

People in the UK are playstation mad.

I'll make my money its not even a question and if the extreme happens and i dont? well i can take them back and get a refund.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
Americans are different they are more enclined to like any console.

People in the UK are playstation mad.

I'll make my money its not even a question and if the extreme happens and i dont? well i can take them back and get a refund.

?

45-50 million PS2's in the US says you are dead wrong. The PS3 hasn't sold well so far because of price alone, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Aada

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
?

45-50 million PS2's in the US says you are dead wrong. The PS3 hasn't sold well so far because of price alone, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I don't doubt that but the first supply will sell out like it did in the USA so i don't think i'll have a problem.

If not i'll give them away to the mods on here so they can lower my warning rating :p

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
That and the (lack of) games that are available for it.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
I don't doubt that but the first supply will sell out like it did in the USA so i don't think i'll have a problem.

If not i'll give them away to the mods on here so they can lower my warning rating :p

/begs for mod status!

well you'll have to put reservations on them if you sell ebay then:-/

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Even if you ignore the gaming ability PS3's are still good value (subjectively) since they are the cheapest BluRay player around. If you consider all the extra features built around that, it's not really such a bad deal at all.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:

That was my whole point, the initial shipment of 1.3 million consoles to the U.S. didn't sell out although Sony tried to claim otherwise by stating that they are a wholesaler and they sold 1.3 million units to retailers. The truth is that actually sold around 950,000 in the first month, less than 250,000 in the whole of January and you can now find a PS3 at pretty much any Walmart or Best Buy in north america. The only sellout they had was on day 1 because they only got 250,000 units to retail on launch day, they then shipped a further 250,000 a week later once they had pro-claimed thier launch (artificially generated) a sellout in the mainstream media. The truth is it never sold out, they just undersupplied retailers for the first week to generate hype. It backfired though, PS3 sales are still woefully slow in the U.S. and that is why many are pundits are now prediciting that Sony will have to slash prices before summer even if it means taking a bigger loss on the hardware.

The PS3 costs too much for anyone other than diehard Playstation fans, the truth is that alot of people just can't afford to shell out £550+ in one go for a PS3, extra pad, HDMI cable and a game or two.

Aada

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
That was my whole point, the initial shipment of 1.3 million consoles to the U.S. didn't sell out although Sony tried to claim otherwise by stating that they are a wholesaler and they sold 1.3 million units to retailers. The truth is that actually sold around 950,000 in the first month, less than 250,000 in the whole of January and you can now find a PS3 at pretty much any Walmart or Best Buy in north america. The only sellout they had was on day 1 because they only got 250,000 units to retail on launch day, they then shipped a further 250,000 a week later once they had pro-claimed thier launch (artificially generated) a sellout in the mainstream media. The truth is it never sold out, they just undersupplied retailers for the first week to generate hype. It backfired though, PS3 sales are still woefully slow in the U.S. and that is why many are pundits are now prediciting that Sony will have to slash prices before summer even if it means taking a bigger loss on the hardware.

The PS3 costs too much for anyone other than diehard Playstation fans, the truth is that alot of people just can't afford to shell out £550+ in one go for a PS3, extra pad, HDMI cable and a game or two.

I think most people want the cheap Bluray option tbh. But wish me luck!

tris-

me neither, couldnt give a fuck about blu ray :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
me neither, couldnt give a fuck about blu ray :p

Same here tbh i couldn't even give 2 fucks about HD right now which is why i didn't waste my money on the 360 HD addon.

1. Not enough HD dvds out.

2. I refuse to pay £20-£25 for something i'll probably watch once in my lifetime.

tris-

considering oblivion on xbox was apparently a buggy POS im not suprised it beat it.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Nothing at all to do with it being a more capable machine? Heavens no! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom