HMV are saying they have withdrawn the CE preorder from sale O.o

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
Well, the preorder box is £9.99, as it is a money transaction by UK trading laws that counts as a deposit, and that guaruntees you a copy of the product you have paid money for.

I will not be amused they break this financial agreement with me. I couldn't give two ***** about the box itself, I just want all the benefits of the CE, the bonus in-game content. Which I will be contacting GOA about if HMV do fall through.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
This are just speculations, however. I trust that HMV are competent and that the HMV HQ withdrew these boxes for a good reason.

-Magnus

ever been into a branch of HMV on a weekend?

I thought i walked into a secure unit.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Ok iv just been to the hmv at monks cross, bought the preorder box, the guy on the counter knew exactly what it was, took my details no problem, told me the release date and to bring the receipt when I come to collect it.

Excellent service props to the guy on the desk!!

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still kind of concerned. I bought my copy of the pre-order CE box in Belfast HMV some time ago. Went to the counter...paid for it and left blissfully unaware that I should even have challenged the guy behind the counter. I now have a box with codes and a receipt. Is it simply going to be a free for all on the 18th to get the CE? Or should I head back down to HMV and see if I can find someone who knows what they are talking about (which could be a challenge!)

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a free for all and I guarantee the ce's will be on the shelf being sold instead of being reserved for us I would go in first thing on the 18th to make sure you get a copy

Patrick

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a free for all and I guarantee the ce's will be on the shelf being sold instead of being reserved for us I would go in first thing on the 18th to make sure you get a copy

I hope not i pre ordered on the 20 of june at HMV cos play.com were sold out by then. If it is FFA i am screwed cos i work for a living and cant get to the shop early morning :(.
However the guy who served me did infact ask if i wanted the CE before i had to ask for it so hopefully i wont have the same problems.
I sympathise with the OP, i am from Scarborough originally and there are far too many 'special' people who work around there :lol:

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
man, im gonna have to go back in tomorrow to see if i can arrange for this preorder to be delivered to scarborough instead of york, im dreading it, think i might just go to york to pick it up its less effort lol..

tommyboyo

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've preordered a couple of weeks ago and they said just to keep the receipt and pick up the game when it's released (which they said was the 18th)

So am I correct in saying that we just use the codes for now to access OB and headstart, then come Sep 18th we have a window in which to pick up the retail version with offical code and upgrade the account?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just went to the one in Sutton, didn't have one copy. GAME don't even have an official release date, even though the guy I spoke to knew about the game.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just went to the one in Sutton, didn't have one copy. GAME don't even have an official release date, even though the guy I spoke to knew about the game.

Just went into my local game.

He said the store knows about the pre-order boxes and they were meant to be here last week!!!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone else been on warhammer-alliance today? GOA posted a message answering questions and everyone basiclly ripped the post apart lol.

Least he said they are on track for their date to open the account creation/OB download.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
you don't get all this rubbish with a proper content delivery system like STEAM

1 download the application
2 get the codes for activation on a particular day
3 for people who like a physical box with extra bits in, that gets sent snail mail.

fuck going to a shop and buying it, as that involves going outside

Overdriven

Aada, I just read it (After you mentioned it) I can understand where they're coming from, from their business PoV. If they gave a date, and couldn't stick to it, everyone would be pissed. I'd rather them say "They're on track, and a date is coming once we've worked the issues out" and have it working tbh.

Good on GoA for doing that, people need to be patient. Anyone remember WoW opening day? FFS, couldn't even get onto the site because of hammering.

you don't get all this rubbish with a proper content delivery system like STEAM

1 download the application
2 get the codes for activation on a particular day
3 for people who like a physical box with extra bits in, that gets sent snail mail.

fuck going to a shop and buying it, as that involves going outside

Nice timing on the post ;) *Would rather go and buy the game, as he likes hard-copies*

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aada, I just read it (After you mentioned it) I can understand where they're coming from, from their business PoV. If they gave a date, and couldn't stick to it, everyone would be pissed. I'd rather them say "They're on track, and a date is coming once we've worked the issues out" and have it working tbh.

Good on GoA for doing that, people need to be patient. Anyone remember WoW opening day? FFS, couldn't even get onto the site because of hammering.

Nice timing on the post ;) *Would rather go and buy the game, as he likes hard-copies*

I just think people are getting very worried about the whole entering codes/downloading the beta.

I don't care what kind of account page they have will it be able to sustain probably 20k people trying to enter their codes as soon as it goes up?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It'll have to sustain more than that, as it's got 5 languages worth to do. But that's what load testing and such is for.

Overdriven

I just think people are getting very worried about the whole entering codes/downloading the beta.

I don't care what kind of account page they have will it be able to sustain probably 20k people trying to enter their codes as soon as it goes up?

Well, (I read this, on WarAlli) they supposedly spent 9m on their new data system (servers etc) so hopefully they'll be able to handle it. I think they should leave (when they can) their system open 2-3 days before OB starts so people can actually enter the codes (3 days of people entering codes > 1 day of bottleneck)

They should be able to handle it imo, will see when it happens.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
ok guys, new update and i think this is kind of worrying, i just got a reply to an email i sent to customer service at HMV and this is what they replied..

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email of 23rd August 2008 regarding the availability of the Warhammer Pre-order Pack.

Unfortunately we are unable to take any more pre-orders for 'Warhammer Online Collector's Edition' in any of our stores and are therefore unable to sell the pre-order pack. We have been taking pre-orders since May and have now taken all of the orders that we are able to fulfil.

We can still order the 'Standard Edition' either in our stores or on our website ready for the release date.

I am sorry for any disappointment that this may cause.

Kind regards,

When i read this i was like WTF i just bought one yesterday, so i sent a reply explaining that it only seemed to be my local store that was having any problem and that every other HMV seems to still be selling it, whereupon they replied with this..

Thank you for your swift reply to my email.

I am sorry that your local store did not have the pre-order pack in stock whilst surrounding stores did have stock. Communication went to all of our stores last week to remove the Beta pack from sale and stop ordering the 'Collector's Edition'. Any store still selling the Beta pack and placing orders are doing so in direct contradiction to our instructions.

We removed the Beta pack from sale due to concerns that we would be unable to supply all customers who placed pre-orders with the 'Collector's Edition'. We felt that this was in the interest of our customers as we did not want to cause disappointment should we be unable to supply as many Collector's Editions as were pre-ordered with the Beta packs. This decision was made after we checked the number of pre-orders at the beginning of last week.

I have been told by our games department that EA will supply copies of the 'Collector's Edition' in direct relation to the number of Beta packs, but we have had to remove them as a precaution due to confusion about the customer ordering protocol at store level. Please note that customer allocation of the 'Collector's Edition' will be on a first come first served basis. As with any order we cannot 100% guarantee that all customers will receive their copy, especially as stores have been instructed to stop taking pre-orders.

However, I do hope that we are able to fulfil your customer order for this item.

Kind regards,

First come first served basis for getting your preorders folks!!

Also they are having the right amount of collectors editions delivered to match the ammount of preorder boxes by the looks of it, but it looks like they are gonna honor all preorders regardless if you did it properly and got the preorder box or not, meaning theres prolly a hell of a lot more orders than there will be CE's

Patrick

Fledgling Freddie
I phoned HMV today and was assured that those that pre ordered and left their details will get notified when they have the CE in and that copy will be saved if you still have the order number they gave you...
further to that they also told me that there were many people who pre ordered the CE but DIDNT ask for/get the pre-order box, that would explain why some stores have loads left but still mat have met their quota.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
if each store have a quota of CE's being delivered equal to how many each store has ordered, then thats great.

But from the sounds of it they have sold more that they can supply...

also, what order number??

Patrick

Fledgling Freddie
when i bought my copy i got the pre-order box with the codes in. i also got a reciept (spelling) with, what i am guessing is a store order number, when i rang HMV help desk thingy earlier i gave them that number (that they had written in store) and they had all the details that i gave the sales dude (contact details, the fact i had pre ordered etc...).
try ringing 0207 4671109 and use option 1 they will be able to help you more.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got my CE preorder box but cant find my reciept anywhere. Am I stuck with getting the SE you reckon?

Patrick

Fledgling Freddie
no idea mate, chances are that number i got is just the stores method of organising things. if you have a reciept i think that all you need, go into the store you got it from and ask and if you are still in doubt ring that number they will help

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got my CE preorder box but cant find my reciept anywhere. Am I stuck with getting the SE you reckon?

retail stores are obliged to keep all receipts on file, however, if you paid cash then theres no way to trace which receipt is yours,

however, im sure HMV are fully aware that they are the only store in the UK selling the preorder box, so proof of purchase shouldnt really be an issue

however if you paid by card your fine, just go into the store and ask them to find your receipt. i have no idea how this works in HMV because iv never worked there but they should have some sort of back office system where they can search for receipts, im working at tesco atm and we have a digital copy of every single transaction, thats hundreds of thousands per week for just our store so for somewhere like HMV finding your receipt should be easy as pie.

I wish there was an HMV employee on here so we could find out how all these preorders actually work.

At Comet for example, when you order something, you get your recept for the product and the date its due printed at the bottom.
At Tesco you get a Product order slip with your details and the product with the date ordered on it.

this is the first time iv ever ordered anything and not had some sort of order sheet or anything to keep as proof, bar the receipt for the preorder box, which as we have all found out doesnt actually have anything to do with your preorder..

GReaper

Part of the furniture
If the only reason you're getting the Collectors Edition of the game is for headstart and open beta (which was supposed to be CE only before), then read [post=3403666]this post[/post].

SE editions of the game through the EA store and Direct2Drive get open beta access. So unless you really want some of the extra fluff, check the GOA site tomorrow for which retailers give open beta access with the SE edition and order from one of them.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
If the only reason you're getting the Collectors Edition of the game is for headstart and open beta (which was supposed to be CE only before), then read [post=3403666]this post[/post].

Wrong. People assumed that headstart and open beta were for CE only and many who wanted headstart and open beta jumped at the CE pre-order in order to get them. We all know how much whine there was when the SE was recently found to include headstart and open beta (open beta only for US and selected EU retail partners) but the fact remians that Mythic/GOA never said that CE would be the only way to get headstart or open beta.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The point remains, if the OP was only getting CE due to the lack of information from GOA regarding open beta then he can just get SE from a retailer which will offer it.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Totally. See my reply to you on the "Pre-ordering on Thursday" thread. But it was lack of info from Mythic really, not GOA. GOA were just "selling on" what Mythic gave them. It comes down to Mythic's marketing decision alone.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't only want the CE for the ob access I also want the ce itself, if I was only after beta acess then I wouldn't be worried about the way the preorders are being done as I now have the codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom