HMV are saying they have withdrawn the CE preorder from sale O.o

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
I went into HMV today to preorder the CE and was told by the sales staff that warhammer online CE preorder box had been withdrawn from sale by a memo from head office...

i told the guy that there had been a lot of messing about with the CE preorders and at one point there was a problem but everything should be fine now.

HMV wasnt having any of it, they said as far as they are aware no HMV stores should be selling it as it has been withdrawn o_O

apparently my local store still have loads in stock but even after going in a few times and trying to convince the guy that there wasnt any problem i had to give up, im gonna go back in on tuesday when HMV head office is open, can you beleive HMV dont have ANY store support from head office during the weekends and bank holidays o_O

Anyway i came home empty handed today and emailed HMV Customer service to let them know, hopefully the store actually sells me one before the damn game is released :(

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
No the guy said they have loads (a full box of them) out the back but he cant sell them, he said they had been withdrawn since last week and that they had to take them off the shelves, not because they are sold out.

He said at first that it was because they are not allowed to charge for beta access, but he then seemed to know how it was supposed to work, so i have no idea what he was on about....

oh and on a side note, i live in Scarborough, when we get games etc delivered to our stores like HMV they never sell out, its all old folk and tourists here hehe

the reason im so annoyed is that there is no other way im gonna be able to get one exept this store..

Oh he also said that according to the memo, no HMV store should be selling them, he said it had been a country wide product withdrawal last week, but i know people are getting them.. wtf!

Ardwan

Fledgling Freddie
HMV as a whole have probably sold more CE pre-orders than they can commit to, so that'd explain why they would withdraw them.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
that makes no sence at all, each and every CE preorder box has a copy of the CE associated with it are you telling me there are more copies of the CE preorder box than their are Collectors Edition boxes being released ??

They cant possibly have been given more CE preorder boxes than they are allowed to preorder.

Also the guy in HMV said this happened a week ago.. people have told me they have bought copies today with no problems...

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
oh and on a side note, i live in Scarborough, when we get games etc delivered to our stores like HMV they never sell out, its all old folk and tourists here hehe

its not all old folks you forgot about the 1million chavs there lol
i used to live there while for about 6 years lol plus dont forget freshers week soon more young people will be back there soon

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
we still dont sell out of anything tech, :D

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
i never brougth much tech stuff from the town as thought shops like dolphin pcs was very over priced may be that why scarboro never sells out lol on the other hand i might drop uo this week to see if i get get me a CE

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
ill let you know , the guy in HMV said they have a full box of them as the stupid fools havent sold ANY yet as they thought they were withdrawn..

by the way im gonna in store tomorrow and speak to the manager and maybe ask to see this supposed memo

Ardwan

Fledgling Freddie
that makes no sence at all, each and every CE preorder box has a copy of the CE associated with it are you telling me there are more copies of the CE preorder box than their are Collectors Edition boxes being released ??

They cant possibly have been given more CE preorder boxes than they are allowed to preorder.

Also the guy in HMV said this happened a week ago.. people have told me they have bought copies today with no problems...

It's not that hard to believe there would be more preorder boxes than actual CE copies, so that they can make sure that they don't run out in whichever areas sell the most.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
It's not that hard to believe there would be more preorder boxes than actual CE copies, so that they can make sure that they don't run out in whichever areas sell the most.

Heh. its probably just because their staff have been taking orders w/o selling the pre order box.
The whole thing has been a shambles tbh. No-one knows whats going on with it, you get contradictory information in every store and even on their customer service helplines, If they would have sold it online instead of in-store they wouldnt have so many problems :(
I can see it now that most of the people that paid in full for it already will probably end up empty handed and making a complaint, and feeling sour even before they even get the game going.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
wish i could take my hmv preorder box back for a refund they refused to take my details down so i ordered with play.com instead after already having my wife buy a pre order box.

i bet hundreds of hmv pre orders wont be fufilled

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
its completely crazy, why the hell did they let HMV sell it anyway its not even a game store, they should have gone with GAME or someone who actually know how games work..

its not exactly quantum physics their staff are having to learn here, its a preorder, they must do preorders for stuff all the time, how can something this simple turn into such a complete mess ?

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus!!!! ...get ye online!!!
Maybe I'm wrong ,but at this critical stage you can't be having time off!!
So burn me!!!..... I welcome the pain!!!

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
in my opinion everyone who preordered properly from play.com, and everyone who has purchased the preorder box from HMV, should both be 100% guaranteed to receive their copy of the CE.

anyone who preordered from somewhere else who wasnt authorised by GOA, or anyone who managed to preorder without buying the preorder box, should be ignored untill all customers with the preorder box have received their copies.

Let the stores explain to their customers that they messed up and have sold more than they were allowed.

ALL preorder boxes should be sold, and all of those sales along with play.com sales should be supplied with the CE, anyone else can do without...

anyway just to clarify i will say again, HMV have NOT sold out of preorder boxes, they have just been told not to sell them and i quote " because we cannot charge for beta access"

someone at HMV head office doesnt understand what they are selling!

Tilda

Magnus doesn't have net yet at home.
I am reliably informed that as he left the office on friday he had a large 2h axe and the address of his supposed ISP on a scrap of paper.
If he arrives at work on tuesday I'll direct him here :D

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus doesn't have net yet at home.
I am reliably informed that as he left the office on friday he had a large 2h axe and the address of his supposed ISP on a scrap of paper.
If he arrives at work on tuesday I'll direct him here :D

lol :)

By the way thats another thing that got my back up, it is a bank holiday weekend, read EXTREMELY busy for retailers, and they dont have anyone they can call about this stuff?

At the store where i work and to be honest anywhere i have worked, we have store support and head office available at all times during working hours, which at my current store is 24/7 364 days a year..

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have a friend in HMV and he said there are more pre order boxes then CE editions that is why they have been taken off sale.

He said a lot of people come release are not going to get their CE.

Ardwan

Fledgling Freddie
I have a friend in HMV and he said there are more pre order boxes then CE editions that is why they have been taken off sale.

He said a lot of people come release are not going to get their CE.

I enjoy being right :D

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
No the guy said they have loads (a full box of them) out the back but he cant sell them, he said they had been withdrawn since last week and that they had to take them off the shelves, not because they are sold out.

He said at first that it was because they are not allowed to charge for beta access, but he then seemed to know how it was supposed to work, so i have no idea what he was on about....

the reason im so annoyed is that there is no other way im gonna be able to get one exept this store..

Oh he also said that according to the memo, no HMV store should be selling them, he said it had been a country wide product withdrawal last week, but i know people are getting them.. wtf!

Thats a shame :( I want to get hold of CE and will be living in Hull next week.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
to be honest I don't really care about getting the ce on release I just want the preorder codes maybe I'll go and offer the guy in hmv some cash

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
when will i be able to go down to HMV and get my retail CE? if they've got one

scardydog

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've just been down to my local HMV (York, Monks Cross) and picked up a pre-order box, there were about 6 on the shelf. I took it to the check out and the dood didnt even ask if I wanted a CE, he just put one through! Now, I'd love to have one, but £69.99 is too rich for me, so I had to actually ask him to give me an SE one.

So, not all HMV's have taken them off stock yet. (Today being the 24th-sunday).

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
You my friend are a lifesaver I'm going to York first thing in the morning

scardydog

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, it was your post that made me go see if they had any, as I was really unsure of where I was going to get my own copy. If you do travel down tomorrow, you'll have to go to the Monks Cross shop (off the 1237, near ASDA), as the HMV in York itself didnt have any.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Anyone in Surrey:

The HMV in SUTTON and GAME are both taking pre-orders, HMV have the CE edition, and Game just have the regular one (pre-order only) and are seemingly availble.

I can't order it as I'm leaving on the 15th and won't be able to play till X-Mas :(

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
GOA don't have any direct contact with retailers, so my guesses as to this move by HMV are as good as anyone's. Possibly, as has been suggested, HMV were allocated 15X amount of CE boxes but decided to put 20X CE Pre-Order boxes up for sale among their retailers, only to withdraw the remaining 5X when they've sold their allocated 15X CE's. This are just speculations, however. I trust that HMV are competent and that the HMV HQ withdrew these boxes for a good reason.

-Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom