hmmmmmmmmm...

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
looks interesting but again - I think it might work better if they stopped trying to be clever here and just had one almighty scrap. Cut out all the npc garbage and just let both sides just have at it until after 2 hours one has won, or not.

I personally think there's a real danger with mmo's tripping themselves up trying to out-wow wow. I hope a developer comes along and just brings out a solid mmo without the glowy this and the npc that. To my mind DAOC had it about right. I felt they lost it a little with TOA but now (at least) I can just buy my way through the ml shit should I wish too.

I'm afraid to say I've never really gotten over the feeling that warhammer would be a better game if it was a little less complicated and a little more like daoc. A couple of good rvr dungeons where risk = reward to encourage their use and give a spot for small groups/ solo roaming and some linked huge zones with lots of towers and siege weapons for group/zerg shenanigans.

Playing recently on the US servers has just reinforced this belief I'm afraid.

M

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Cut out all the npc garbage and just let both sides just have at it until after 2 hours one has won, or not.

then its just the average keeptake with a timer isnt it?

cant have something as important as a city siege without being clever.

now they just need to drop down the times a city CAN be sieged and it will be almost good..

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well, WAR is improving a lot, but the 2-faction thing is still an issue and population imbalance is common, classes like the DoK and WP are stupidly powerful, half the DPS classes are almost never played because they suck compared to others and 1/3 of the healers are rare thanks to the DoK/WP/Shammy/AM domination of the game. Tanks.....well....tanks are one trick ponies now and only half the tanks have that trick.

Still there are huge issues, the whole door "funnel" thing is just silly and dominates the game now, hundreds of players exploiting a geometry bug and calling it tactics....speaks volumes about the people who play this game still. The game is still bug-riddled, high end PvE like tolv and lv bosses are still all bugged to hell at times.

Still, it's a fun game to play while waiting for the next "thing" to appear. PvP is fun, if a little repetitive.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
had great fun with my tank specced black orc on my one month return to the game.

even being only lvl 34 it took some incredible beating to kill him.

and putting guard on a high RR healer almost guarantees that they will do everything they can to keep you alive :)

apparently guarding healers isn't FOTM anymore, usually some melee or ranged DPS gets it instead.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Still, it's a fun game to play while waiting for the next "thing" to appear. PvP is fun, if a little repetitive.

if i want good, fun pvp i actually play Planetside instead.

Just can not beat having 500 ppl fighting over a single base and its running SMOOTH.

DAoC still cant do this and WAR, well WAR crash if theres 500 ppl fighting over a keep :)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Do people still play Planetside? What an awesome game that was!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
if i want good, fun pvp i actually play Planetside instead.

Just can not beat having 500 ppl fighting over a single base and its running SMOOTH.

DAoC still cant do this and WAR, well WAR crash if theres 500 ppl fighting over a keep :)

There are never 500 players on a keep at any time in WAR, not on Norn anyway, the population just isn't there im afraid.

God damn i miss PS, anyone heard anything about the sequel?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Do people still play Planetside? What an awesome game that was!

oh yes, sure its not as big as it was in its glory but its still more then possible to poplock a continent as theres only 1 server now.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
As pointless a post it is..."hmmm lol" does kinda sum up WAR :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DO people still play this? Had a blast when It first came out but not having a third realm fucked it up so bad. Did love my SH though!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
DO people still play this? Had a blast when It first came out but not having a third realm fucked it up so bad. Did love my SH though!
I played for 2 weeks before I went on holiday, was enjoyable, up to a certain point when it became extremely repetitive... I got a RR40 Zealot to RR68 in 2 weeks, to show how easy it is now aswell :\, made my RR70 BW seem obsolete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom